dapperz fun pub
August 31, 2015, 9:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,967
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Tony_GTFC
Can't understand why Mackreth is made such a scapegoat. Is it his fault that Bogle missed a hatful? I though Mackreth put some great crosses in during the game. If a couple of Bogle's chances had gone in the first half everyone would have been applauded off the pitch. Some supporters are such sheep jumping on Mackreth's back just because one or two people pick on him.

Maybe cos he's a winger who can't beat a man or cross a ball accurately
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 85
arryarryarry
August 31, 2015, 9:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,035
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from ginnywings
And yet Robertson survived the night of the long knives and was deemed not tired enough to be left out despite only just returning from long term injury and being no spring chicken.  

I posted on another thread a few days ago I wasn't that impressed with Robertson and thought he was very poor today and went AWOL for their first goal.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 85
ackomariner
August 31, 2015, 9:34pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from arryarryarry

I posted on another thread a few days ago I wasn't that impressed with Robertson and thought he was very poor today and went AWOL for their first goal.

And gave the ball away numerous times too

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 85
Tommy
August 31, 2015, 9:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,868
Gold Stars: 76
Their first goal came just after Robertson had been limping around and struggled to sprint to see a ball out near the dugout. They then played a ball down the channel in behind Pearson and Robertson. Robertson was never going to get back there so Pearson had to come across. From there, Pearson's out of the middle and Robertson struggling to get back to help, cross comes in, Macca comes and flaps (just punch it and get some distance on it) and the ball comes back across to our disorganised defence and in it goes.

That's how I remember it anyway, and I remember saying just before that, that Robertson looked like he was struggling but just trying to get through to half time.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 85
jonnyboy82
August 31, 2015, 9:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Robertson slows the pace of the game down.

Massively overrated imo.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 85
buckstown
August 31, 2015, 9:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,181
Gold Stars: 79
Well, that was my second game this season. Left Kiddy thinking we were above average and they were rubbish. Any decent side would have buried them but we gifted them a point.
Left today thinking we are average and Macc are rubbish. Bottom line is I don't think this team is anywhere near as good as a lot of posters on here.
We look physically weak and McKreth epitomises the problem. (couldn't quite believe Marshall got pulled instead of McKreth) Look at Barnet, Brizzle, Luton and they were physically imposing and athletic. Outside the defence only Bogle has any presence and can hold the ball up. Thought he'd improved since Kiddy and when his football brain develops he'll be an enormous asset
Not sure what's happened to McKeown but the goal was a calamity almost identical to the Altrincham. Could be that our defence has also lost confidence in him.
Thought Robinson looked ok but ran out of gas after an hour but Disley made no discernable difference
Summary: this side cannot win this league and won't even make the play offs. We make average teams look ok
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 85
whitevanman
August 31, 2015, 9:47pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +6
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Mackreth bloody annoys me! he's got skill and speed as we all know but he is just to negative in his play.

Mackreth shouldn't be here in my opinion. He arrived last season with such a fanfare but hasn't really delivered. Had no end product last season and none this, plays the ball back too many times for my liking. As for Marshall, I didn't shed a tear when he left the first time, but I shed a tear when he came back this season. Loses the ball too many times and too chicken sh*t to get stuck in

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 85
ackomariner
August 31, 2015, 9:50pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from buckstown
Well, that was my second game this season. Left Kiddy thinking we were above average and they were rubbish. Any decent side would have buried them but we gifted them a point.
Left today thinking we are average and Macc are rubbish. Bottom line is I don't think this team is anywhere near as good as a lot of posters on here.
We look physically weak and McKreth epitomises the problem. (couldn't quite believe Marshall got pulled instead of McKreth) Look at Barnet, Brizzle, Luton and they were physically imposing and athletic. Outside the defence only Bogle has any presence and can hold the ball up. Thought he'd improved since Kiddy and when his football brain develops he'll be an enormous asset
Not sure what's happened to McKeown but the goal was a calamity almost identical to the Altrincham. Could be that our defence has also lost confidence in him.
Thought Robinson looked ok but ran out of gas after an hour but Disley made no discernable difference
Summary: this side cannot win this league and won't even make the play offs. We make average teams look ok

How I see it this season too

Top post IMO  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 85
Tommy
August 31, 2015, 9:54pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,868
Gold Stars: 76
I think Mackreth and Marshall are fine as squad players and to come in and do a job now and then. But in Monkhouse and Arnold we have two players who have real footballing brains and our play is not as good or incisive without them.

Makreth and Marshall may have pace on their side but Arnold and Monkhouse are streets ahead in terms of ability and intelligence.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 85
easypeersy
August 31, 2015, 9:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11

Absolutely shocking!
Absolutely gutted!
Absolutely shite manager!
Absolutely total waste of money!

Never felt so low!
And after all the pre season hype!
What the hell is going on?

That is all !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.