9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
supertown
August 31, 2015, 8:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,459
Gold Stars: 53
I really don't get the number of changes in a few games , we seem to havd a good squad but no idea how to use it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 85
AndyGTFC
August 31, 2015, 8:18pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Can't believe the title is almost gone already, you wonder why you bother sometimes. This was the perfect chance to make a good start for a change and we've ballsed it up again. Watching Town is so monotonous.

Even with the changes, we should've won but god knows why we changed half the team for the second home game running. It's just not necessary. Disley and Monkhouse obviously can't play every minute of every game at their age but we definitely missed their calmness on the ball today. Why Robinson is starting all the time is also beyond me because he offers nothing. I thought we were just bringing him in to give us cover in centre midfield whilst Brown is out but he's seemingly undroppable.

We dominated most of the game today without really testing their keeper but the crossing and finishing was woeful and we can't keep the ball out of the back of the net at the other end. McKeown's been a cracking keeper with us but definitely needs taking out of the firing line for his own sake.

Keep this up for another few games and there will be serious pressure on Hurst's job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 85
MuddyWaters
August 31, 2015, 8:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,266
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from barralad

No it isn't rocket science but neither is it necessary to use it to beat Hurst with. The point could have been at least as adequately made without the reference. Anyway sorry we weren't able to arrange the pick up of your pledge. We hope to have all items posted out by the weekend...

Agree entirely, but the club and the fans (I hope) will be here long after Hurst's tenure. Failing to assert against poor teams was ultimately the reason we didn't win the league last year, and seven games in, history seems to be repeating itself.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 85
grimsby pete
August 31, 2015, 8:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Agree entirely, but the club and the fans (I hope) will be here long after Hurst's tenure. Failing to assert against poor teams was ultimately the reason we didn't win the league last year, and seven games in, history seems to be repeating itself.

Most of us were here long before Hurst,

AND

Most of us will be here long after he has gone,

When that will be is up to how he can turn things round or not.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 85
August 31, 2015, 8:27pm
Guest User
Where to begin?

All over the place. Yes, we had possession, but sadly we had little idea what to do with it.

Once the substitutions were made we looked shapeless and desperate. No one knew what to do any more.

Strikers had an off day. I prefer East to Tait. McKeown's issues detailed in length everywhere else.

Mackreth reminds me of Steve Saunders (remember him?!). Runs all day, generally in straight lines. Can't fault his effort. Can't get past anyone either.

Hate picking on a player, but for the good of the team and Robinson's confidence, please give him back.

No invention at all without Monkhouse in the side.

I still think we have a very good team. I just wish Hurst would stop twatting around with it.
Reply: 54 - 85
Tommy
August 31, 2015, 8:39pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,868
Gold Stars: 76
I'd also add that today was the poorest I'd seen Robertson as left back.

He was definitely limping towards the end of the 1st half, wincing when he had to make a spring near the dugout and I was sure he wouldn't be coming back out for the second half.

He did and was quite sloppy with his passing and touches today. Not like him, so i'll forgive him. But wonder whether he's not really fully fit.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 85
Maringer
August 31, 2015, 8:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,565
Gold Stars: 185
Robertson looks very slow of thought and deed at the moment. Probably not up to full speed yet following his injury and he did get clobbered by their full-back in the first half as well. Hopefully, he can get back to the sort of form which made him so valuable last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 85
ginnywings
August 31, 2015, 8:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,148
Gold Stars: 548
And yet Robertson survived the night of the long knives and was deemed not tired enough to be left out despite only just returning from long term injury and being no spring chicken.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 85
Tony_GTFC
August 31, 2015, 9:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -10
Can't understand why Mackreth is made such a scapegoat. Is it his fault that Bogle missed a hatful? I though Mackreth put some great crosses in during the game. If a couple of Bogle's chances had gone in the first half everyone would have been applauded off the pitch. Some supporters are such sheep jumping on Mackreth's back just because one or two people pick on him.

Ask any man what nationality he would prefer to be, and ninety nine out of a hundred will tell you that they would prefer to be Englishmen.

CECIL RHODES

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 85
ginnywings
August 31, 2015, 9:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,148
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Tony_GTFC
Can't understand why Mackreth is made such a scapegoat. Is it his fault that Bogle missed a hatful? I though Mackreth put some great crosses in during the game. If a couple of Bogle's chances had gone in the first half everyone would have been applauded off the pitch. Some supporters are such sheep jumping on Mackreth's back just because one or two people pick on him.

Or perhaps we're right and he's not very good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.