barralad
October 6, 2015, 8:09am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
What the hell sort of message does "We don't know what is out there because we aren't looking." send to Hurst and the players?
Whilst he is in charge at least give him and the team your support.

The players obviously respect the manager who I would argue are a much tighter unit than we have seen for years.

This probably is the last season he will get to take us up but a bit of support would be nice.

We are in a good position just 7 points adrift at this stage going into winter is GOOD in my opinion.

Stands by for a massive reaction if we don't win tonight.

Err I don't mind being called out for being too supportive but not supportive?? I suggest you re-read my post and this time put it into context! Ta.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 140
Garth
October 6, 2015, 9:57am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Let's get away from this idea that different opinions regarding the management is self destructive,  its a job unlike yours and mine if I had one (retired) and is in the public eye and as such is open to general comment to the thousands that are just more than a little bit interested.
All this comes with the job the highs and the lows,  and as the saying goes "if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen,  PH seems to be his own man which may or may not decide his future,  up till now it's sort of working but not as efficiently as most of us want or expect.
Doig on the other hand seems to be too sensitive to message board gossip for his own good in the managerial stakes you have to be thick skinned to survive in management
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 140
arryarryarry
October 6, 2015, 9:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,035
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Hagrid
There is no realistic better replacement for Hurst out there. We wont find better. 100% sure on this. we are a conference club. We will not find a learning manager with the knowledge and knowhow of PH anywhere else, added to that. The mututal respect he has with his players

I don't want a learning manager, I want someone who knows what the frig he is doing.
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 140
denni266
October 6, 2015, 10:36am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Hagrid
There is no realistic better replacement for Hurst out there. We wont find better. 100% sure on this. we are a conference club. We will not find a learning manager with the knowledge and knowhow of PH anywhere else, added to that. The mututal respect he has with his players

May as well just give in then.. flood the park and lets have a decent fishing pond in town.. never heard such a load of old cods wollop
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 140
Hagrid
October 6, 2015, 11:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,435
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from denni266

May as well just give in then.. flood the park and lets have a decent fishing pond in town.. never heard such a load of old cods wollop

what do you suggest then!? name me a manager who will come in and get us promotion?

only have to read the codswallop that comes from the hurst out brigade and theres the biggest load ive ever read

My opinion, Hurst is the right man for us, your opinion is that he isn't, you wont change your mind, I wont change mind, just get on with it
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 140
wycombemariner
October 6, 2015, 11:23am
UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56
Quoted from Grimal

How the hell can you give an opinion when you have never met Steve Evans personally ?. We all hear what a friend of a friend has to say about someone.I bet the same people would say he's a rubbish manager also, It's called jealousy and sorry to say there's loads of that if anyone is doing well for themselves .  He was well liked by everyone that I knew that lived in the same estate in Orton Wistow.

You sir are an idiot!  We've seen how he behaves at BP, he was kicked out the ground for felicitations sake!  Based on what i've seen with my own eyes at home and at away grounds, my personal opinion of him, which i am entitled to, is that he is a prize a sharp object!  I would still gladly have him as manager right now (never thought I'd say it though) because his record in his chosen career is pretty decent at this level.  DOesn't mean I have to bloody like him though.

In fact you seem so far up his arris, I wonder if you are him or a very close relation?

Oh and lets not forget that he was found GUILTY!  so even if you belive it wasn't him and it was "rich owners" he was still found guilty and he served his ban!  You can't deny the facts!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 140
big al
October 6, 2015, 11:23am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
We have a manager who is a little too cautious but he wants to play football. That for me is very important as a Town fan. I fear someone new is likely to be someone who doesn't mind what type of football we play and that will be a sad day if we throw away that vision. Our defenders have more finesse in their game than many other team's midfield and we should be proud of that. If I had one piece of advice for PH and he would listen (no chance) - I would say, hand over the game to the players more - tell them to go out and express themselves and impose themselves on the opposition - we have no one to fear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 140
ackomariner
October 6, 2015, 2:33pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from barralad

Err I don't mind being called out for being too supportive but not supportive?? I suggest you re-read my post and this time put it into context! Ta.

I was going to reply to her at 4.15am when I got up for work, but thought I'd leave you to it  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 140
oldun
October 6, 2015, 2:38pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from big al
We have a manager who is a little too cautious but he wants to play football. That for me is very important as a Town fan. I fear someone new is likely to be someone who doesn't mind what type of football we play and that will be a sad day if we throw away that vision. Our defenders have more finesse in their game than many other team's midfield and we should be proud of that. If I had one piece of advice for PH and he would listen (no chance) - I would say, hand over the game to the players more - tell them to go out and express themselves and impose themselves on the opposition - we have no one to fear.

I agree with much of this. PH has extended our unbeaten run by tightening the defensive side of the game. This has meant Mackreth and Monkhouse in wide positions and we have lost some attacking flair as a result. Marshall and Arnold provide that but leave the flanks exposed. I also think this is the reason Tomlinson and JPP have been playing lately as PH wants the strikers to work harder when they do not have the ball. However we have sacrificed some of our striking threat, which is why fans do not like the formation so much, especially at home where I think we can be more adventurous and get at teams early.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 140
grimps
October 6, 2015, 2:54pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,130
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from oldun

I agree with much of this. PH has extended our unbeaten run by tightening the defensive side of the game. This has meant Mackreth and Monkhouse in wide positions and we have lost some attacking flair as a result. Marshall and Arnold provide that but leave the flanks exposed. I also think this is the reason Tomlinson and JPP have been playing lately as PH wants the strikers to work harder when they do not have the ball. However we have sacrificed some of our striking threat, which is why fans do not like the formation so much, especially at home where I think we can be more adventurous and get at teams early.

Gaining draws by sacrificing our attack is not going to win us the league , we'd be better off going for the win and losing the odd game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 140
15 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fail to beat Gateshead

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.