Grimal
October 4, 2015, 4:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from mariner2000
I absolutely hate Steve Evans but I would take him over PH, completely had enough of the joker

Can't see how you can hate someone I would imagine you perhaps have never met face to face, I know Steve personally, having lived very close to him and his family in Peterborough and ruthless as a manager yes but away from football he is one of the nicest guys you could meet.Don't believe all you hear about the problems at Boston,I was a season ticket holder at Boston for many years,don't forget he was employed by a very rich boss,let's just leave it at that. I would have him here at Town any day of the week. I will add that so far I have been in the pro Hurst camp but my patience is wearing very thin right now and I'm now starting to slip off the fence.I'll be there on Tuesday night giving The team and Hurst my full support as usual,having only missed two games(both away) so far this season. Lets hope we can give The Heed another good thrashing as we did last season at their ground.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 140
Rodley Mariner
October 4, 2015, 4:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
It's been asked on other threads but why does anybody think he'd come to us? I'm sure he is a better and clearly more experienced manager than PH which is why he was working in the Championship and PH is still learning his trade in the Conference. It's also why he wouldn't join us.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 140
GrimRob
October 4, 2015, 4:20pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,426
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from grimps
And he has to go !
It's that predicable now its becoming a joke,not playing your two top scorers at home is unforgivable.
He has fallen out with every striker that has ever come here and scored goals , its time for him to go rather than proven scorers he forever not playing.

Glad you're not Chairman as you'd be getting through six managers a season with your expectations

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 140
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 4, 2015, 5:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,696
Gold Stars: 79
IMO the key reason we do not create sufficient chances against the better organised sides is for a number of factors:

1 the fact they are better organised
2 we play wingers that rarely go outside their full back & deliver crosses
3 our midfield players lack pace & rarely beat their man so opportunity to create space for front players is restricted
4 our build play quickly becomes slow & predictable, with square and backward passes before either a hurried punt from a centre back or Macca.

As i said ro rectify this on Tuesday I would have a front four of Marshall, Bogle, Almond & Arnold gives us pace and two wide players who can beat a man, although Arnold normally does this when cutting in rather thsn going outside his full back. These (with JPP) as back up and a new midfield player would I believe create those opportunities we need to win the close games. The more defensive capable Monkhouse would be better used in away games which may also help preserve his legs a bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 140
Posh Harry
October 4, 2015, 6:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,363
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Grimal

Can't see how you can hate someone I would imagine you perhaps have never met face to face, I know Steve personally, having lived very close to him and his family in Peterborough and ruthless as a manager yes but away from football he is one of the nicest guys you could meet.Don't believe all you hear about the problems at Boston,I was a season ticket holder at Boston for many years,don't forget he was employed by a very rich boss,let's just leave it at that. I would have him here at Town any day of the week. I will add that so far I have been in the pro Hurst camp but my patience is wearing very thin right now and I'm now starting to slip off the fence.I'll be there on Tuesday night giving The team and Hurst my full support as usual,having only missed two games(both away) so far this season. Lets hope we can give The Heed another good thrashing as we did last season at their ground.

Life is all about opinions. He lived about 100 yards from where I live in peterborough and although I never met him I know several people whose option I trust and everyone of them classes him as an arrogant, aggressive, ignorant , scumbag.

Each to their own!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 140
kingster72
October 4, 2015, 6:27pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
Failure to win on Tuesday would make it just 5 wins out of 15 games which simply ain't good enough, especially as we fans contributed over £100k to Hurst's budget in the summer. Has this been spent?  Whatever, our squad has strikers with goals in them who are benched & Hurst's team selections have clearly cost us points so far, so yeah a win vs Gateshead is a must!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 140
Grimal
October 4, 2015, 6:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Posh Harry

Life is all about opinions. He lived about 100 yards from where I live in peterborough and although I never met him I know several people whose option I trust and everyone of them classes him as an arrogant, aggressive, ignorant , scumbag.

Each to their own!

How the hell can you give an opinion when you have never met Steve Evans personally ?. We all hear what a friend of a friend has to say about someone.I bet the same people would say he's a rubbish manager also, It's called jealousy and sorry to say there's loads of that if anyone is doing well for themselves .  He was well liked by everyone that I knew that lived in the same estate in Orton Wistow.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 140
ackomariner
October 4, 2015, 7:04pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Grimal

How the hell can you give an opinion when you have never met Steve Evans personally ?. We all hear what a friend of a friend has to say about someone.I bet the same people would say he's a rubbish manager also, It's called jealousy and sorry to say there's loads of that if anyone is doing well for themselves .  He was well liked by everyone that I knew that lived in the same estate in Orton Wistow.

Whether he's a nice bloke or not, you can't argue with the promotions he's had as a manager.

Never met the bloke so got no problems with him

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 140
Posh Harry
October 4, 2015, 7:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,363
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Grimal

I didn't give a personal opinion of him. I said I know people whose opinion I trust that do have that opinion of him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 140
jonnyboy82
October 4, 2015, 7:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Posh Harry

I didn't give a personal opinion of him. I said I know people whose opinion I trust that do have that opinion of him.

So who actually has the opinion ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 140
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fail to beat Gateshead

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.