rancido
October 6, 2015, 4:28pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Grim74
We lose tomorrow the axe must fall, Hurst is the conference equivalent to Rogers he talks a good game and comes across as if he knows what he's doing but without success, time for a new manager with fresh ideas drawing closer.

Didn't Rodgers get Swansea promoted to the Premiersh*t ?He spent several years in Spain studying coaching methods and was also Chelsea's reserve team coach under " The Special One ". Not exactly without some success.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 140
Les Brechin
October 6, 2015, 5:15pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
There's about as much chance of Paul Hurst getting the Liverpool job as what there is Steve Evans coming here.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 140
1mickylyons
October 6, 2015, 5:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from grimsby pete

What's the point of a forum if you can not air your views,?

It does not mean you are not supporting the club if you have different idea's  how we achieve success.

Pete no offence but you swing from one opinion to the opposite every other game if all fans were like you we would be changing Manager every Month.Like you I am not Hursts biggest fan I feel he is far too negative but the simple fact is the overwhelming silent majority must support him or Hurst Out chants would be heard every home game.Never heard or felt that in the ground plenty of mutterings especially from my seat but vast majority are behind him mate.Like you say the forum is probably the best way of airing any grievances it doesn't disrupt the team on the pitch but frankly how a draw against the team top of the League causes such hysteria is just laughable.Again failure to beat Gateshead massively disappointing but does it warrant change on Oct 6th dunno like many others I would not be upset?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 140
Madeleymariner
October 6, 2015, 5:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
But if we want win the league we need to beat the teams above us-Gateshead, why anyone  would you be happy if we cannot beat a small club like Gateshead at home then they have very low expectations.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 140
1mickylyons
October 6, 2015, 5:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Madeleymariner
But if we want win the league we need to beat the teams above us-Gateshead, why anyone  would you be happy if we cannot beat a small club like Gateshead at home then they have very low expectations.

I sort of agree but we are were we are and Gateshead are in the same League as us on merit and likewise above us in the table on merit.You don't get points for crowds/history sadly it`s all about what they do onb the pitch and the answer so far is NOT ENOUGH.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 140
grimsby pete
October 6, 2015, 6:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Pete no offence but you swing from one opinion to the opposite every other game if all fans were like you we would be changing Manager every Month.Like you I am not Hursts biggest fan I feel he is far too negative but the simple fact is the overwhelming silent majority must support him or Hurst Out chants would be heard every home game.Never heard or felt that in the ground plenty of mutterings especially from my seat but vast majority are behind him mate.Like you say the forum is probably the best way of airing any grievances it doesn't disrupt the team on the pitch but frankly how a draw against the team top of the League causes such hysteria is just laughable.Again failure to beat Gateshead massively disappointing but does it warrant change on Oct 6th dunno like many others I would not be upset?

If you read my posts Micky please point out where I have said he should be sacked now,

I have said on a few occasions that after 15 or so games is the right time to look if he will get us up,

OR

We should look elsewhere,

I am neither a Hurst fan or Hurst out man but a fence sitter,

I do not see the point of waiting to it's too late to get promotion before we look elsewhere,

I love the club and want success, I hope Hurst can give that and take us back into the football league,

BUT

I have my doubts and it's Hurst's own fault because of his selection polices,

Plus he keeps bulling up the opposition , let them worry about what we are going to do to them,

Instead of fearing what they might do to us.

As I have said before after tonights game and the one at Braintree will be the time to make a decision,

If we do well good let him continue,

However if we fail to gain at least 4 pts then let someone else have a go.

Sorry if I confuse people but its better than saying I have 100% faith in him,

OR

I don't care what he does I want him out,

I will be as happy as anybody if Hurst proves he is the man.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 140
KingstonMariner
October 6, 2015, 8:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 1mickylyons

If they are silent, how can you assume they agree with you?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 140
KingstonMariner
October 6, 2015, 8:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimps

Gaining draws by sacrificing our attack is not going to win us the league , we'd be better off going for the win and losing the odd game

Mathematically you are correct. If we average 2 wins in every 3, plus a few draws we'd end up as champions.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 140
LondonMariner43
October 6, 2015, 10:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,957
Gold Stars: 64
Well that was a waste of 14 pages.  Glad I didn't bother to read it all..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 140
nightrider
October 6, 2015, 10:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
This sort of thread could be our lucky omen
Lets have a 'Fail to beat Braintree'

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 140
15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fail to beat Gateshead

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.