Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pennock leaves FGR!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 316 Guests

Pennock leaves FGR!

This thread currently has 12,418 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
April 28, 2016, 1:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from RoboCod

After having a spat with a fan during the Woking game he turned his fury on the pitch afterwards, saying that it was a "disgrace" and "unprofessional" to go so long without a groundsman, which would have no doubt irked the club's hierarchy, who are proud of having the world's first organic pitch.

I find it harder to take VGR seriously by the week...

Clearly their fans had been spoilt.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 68
RoboCod
April 28, 2016, 2:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Cloudy

TBF he had a point with that. No groundsman for over a month and the manager resorted to getting the roller out to flatten out the divots from the previous games

Just makes it all the harder to take them seriously. All that money thrown around at players signings, 2nd in the table but still no away support to speak of, no meat sold at the ground, no groundsman to do the grass, idiot stewards...they don't seem focussed on running a football club to the most basic standards never mind preparing for a historic entry to the League.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 68
golfer
April 28, 2016, 5:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
The woman next door asked me if FGR have an orgasmic pitch do all the players have to sh*g on it  I told her of course.  She,s moving down there on Sunday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 68
Madeleymariner
April 28, 2016, 5:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from kingster72
Here you go, here's why: http://www.gloucestercitizen.c.....37-detail/story.html

And Paul Hurst would never be like this??? "Yes, Pennock was blaming everyone and everything apart from himself, yet he did not seem to have the answers to turn their increasingly woeful form around."

I wonder how much advertising income the Gloucester Citizen get from EcoTricity or free editorial lunches with Dale? not saying this happens but who knows.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 68
golfer
April 28, 2016, 5:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Quoted from Madeleymariner

I wonder how much advertising income the Gloucester Citizen get from EcoTricity or free editorial lunches with Dale? not saying this happens but who knows.

There are " perks " in all different corners of football-- bungs aplenty.  I could tell you of 1 well known Town manager who received tax free incentives from a popular director a few years back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 68
chaos33
April 28, 2016, 10:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from RoboCod

Just makes it all the harder to take them seriously. All that money thrown around at players signings, 2nd in the table but still no away support to speak of, no meat sold at the ground, no groundsman to do the grass, idiot stewards...they don't seem focussed on running a football club to the most basic standards never mind preparing for a historic entry to the League.

Absolutely. I agree.
I can't see them making it to the league this year. We'll never have a better chance in terms of the overall quality of the opposition in the play offs.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 68
chaos33
April 28, 2016, 10:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from golfer

There are " perks " in all different corners of football-- bungs aplenty.  I could tell you of 1 well known Town manager who received tax free incentives from a popular director a few years back.

I should keep that to yourself mate.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 68
Rik e B
April 29, 2016, 1:35am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from chaos33
We'll never have a better chance in terms of the overall quality of the opposition in the play offs.

But we have entered them looking and being in better form. Hopefully we can do what we capable of on the day(s) and go up best of a bad bunch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 68
Mrs Doyle
April 29, 2016, 3:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
When the chairman is putting the sort of money he has put in looks like he demands promotion at any cost.

Sounds a bit knee jerk to me but hey ho the next manager will have no pressure on him then lol.

This could be a interesting few weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 68
aldi_01
April 29, 2016, 6:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Could it not be the opposite could it be that they don't want to go up. It's all well and good swampy throwing cash around at this level but another step up means even more. Does he want that, let's face it, it is only him propping it up. At this level they do ok, if they go up they'd still get the same crowds, still poor away followings and players would more than likely only go because of decent wages.

Nothing really appealing to anyone about the club.

Whatever it is it's all very odd. We may have a pop at town and sometimes we question the operation of the club but when you look at some of these you have to realise it could be a lot worse.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pennock leaves FGR!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.