Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New website and badge
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 39 Guests

New website and badge

This thread currently has 26,541 views. Print
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Mayaman
January 1, 2022, 4:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from pen penfras
Website is better. The flag on the trawler looks awful.

Yeah.  The flag does look bad.  They should have put '1878' on the hull of the boat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 267
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
January 1, 2022, 4:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
So, my take on this is that people are making a mountain out of a molehill.

I don't particularly like the amended design and can't see why we couldn't have adopted just one of the versions that were being used already and just said thats the standard. I don't see the need for the change. If 1878 wish to be transparent then they should have mentioned the change, I don't think, however, that they needed to give the fans a say.

In the end, though, i'm not really bothered. Move on.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 267
pen penfras
January 1, 2022, 4:34pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71

I don't particularly like the amended design and can't see why we couldn't have adopted just one of the versions that were being used already and just said thats the standard. I don't see the need for the change. If 1878 wish to be transparent then they should have mentioned the change, I don't think, however, that they needed to give the fans a say.

They don't need to give the fans a say. But when that's what they stand for, it's a bit of a shock to have that appear unannounced. Modernising the badge isn't a big deal really, it has done that over the years anyway and is sensible. Bastardising a feature that's been there for about 50 years is not the same thing.

I think our badge is one of the better ones in football and has aged very well with the tweaks over the years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 267
oochiad
January 1, 2022, 4:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
I don’t care, I’d just like us to win on Monday……
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 267
MuddyWaters
January 1, 2022, 4:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236

It wouldn’t bother me other than they adopted the FairPlay principles regarding consultation regarding ‘crown jewels’. If you sign up to something, stick to it.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 267
sonofmadeleymariner
January 1, 2022, 4:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
A website is a website, but not a fan of the new badge. It looks amateur and cheap now the flag looks forced into the spac, but that just my opinion

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 267
GollyGTFC
January 1, 2022, 4:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,065
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It wouldn’t bother me other than they adopted the FairPlay principles regarding consultation regarding ‘crown jewels’. If you sign up to something, stick to it.

The badge hasn't been changed though has it? It's been tweaked slightly and had all the anomalies ironed out. The way some people are going on you'd think it's totally unrecognisable from the various iterations of the same badge we've had over the last 50 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 56 - 267
GrimRob
January 1, 2022, 5:03pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Chrisblor
I am literally not arsed they've got some lad in from Apple to tweak the badge (although i'm unsure how making it more "compositionally harmonious" will do anything like attracting new fans or improving the squad). I mean fine, whatever, it's got a flag on it now 🤷‍♂️

What I am arsed about is the new owners unilaterally deciding to launch a new badge without any fan consultation or transparency. It's pretentious 'we know best' behaviour, and there's absolutely no way they should be messing with the club's heritage without getting the fans on board and involving them throughout the entire process.

We change our kit literally every season. That's much more fundamental, or at least more visible, than the badge isn't it?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 57 - 267
ginnywings
January 1, 2022, 5:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Mayaman

Yeah.  The flag does look bad.  They should have put '1878' on the hull of the boat.

I think the same.

Other than that, not really fussed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 267
blundellpork
January 1, 2022, 5:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
Not a fan of the all black around the banner, nor the flag, but do think there is an improved sharpness and crispness to the design.

That said, I don’t think any club should unilaterally amend or redesign a club crest without fan consent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 267
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New website and badge

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.