This thread currently has 9,514 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
August 2, 2014, 7:31am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
Cockerill scored direct from a corner against Wolves in the FA Cup but he also scored against Donny too although that wasn't a corner it was just a verynnarrow angle.  Here's that Donny goal.

[youtube]8ZU9Ppf5brY[/youtube]

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 94
barralad
August 2, 2014, 8:02am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from crusty ole pie
The concierge in the black suit peaked cap with GTFC badge on who used to welcome the visiting teams and guest into the players and directors entrance that was when we had a bit of class around the place

The incomparable Tom Fox-Did the job well into his 80's. Anyone who ever played in the Lindsey League had good reason to be grateful for Tom's love of all things football.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 94
barralad
August 2, 2014, 8:04am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from TonySmith
Dave Worthington ball juggling as part of his warm up,his specialty being flicking the ball over his head and catching it between the shoulder blades
Stuart Brace scoring 4 in a game against Oldham including 3 in about 6 minutes
Dave Boylen scoring direct from a corner against Plymouth
And on and on. Oh, happy days of my carefree youth!

Great memories...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 94
oldun
August 2, 2014, 9:39am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I remember an incident in the old Barratt Stand when someone threw a bottle onto the pitch and a Norwich player threw it back hitting one of the stand supports and showering glass down onto a young lad.  The crowd went mental and the said player went and played over on the main stand side for the rest of the game. The players name escapes me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 94
forza ivano
August 2, 2014, 11:32am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,205
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Perkins
Anyone remember:

1.Football Rattles.

2.Rosettes.

3.The Guy in the black and white striped suit and top hat walking round the side of the pitch getting the crowd going.

4.The Telegraph Photographer and his HUGE camera, pulling HUGE photographic plates out the back and giving them to a lad who jumped on his bike and pedalled like hell to the offices to ensure they were printed in the Football Telegraph that evening.

5.The old guy who continually shouted "Are You There Wouldy" to our illustrious as then chairman F A Would.

6.Hanging numbered plates up on the fencing to give half time scores that would correspond with the fixtures in your programme. (never seemed to tally)

7.Coming down the back exit steps of the Barratts Stand and wondering if you would make it down before it collapsed, (or caught fire because of a stray dog
end).

8.Dads carrying stools and boxes for the kids to stand on. (Now banned under Health and Safety Regs)

9.Grown ups passing kids overhead to the front so they could sit on the ash track and see the game. (Also now banned under Health and Safety regs)

10. Brass bands marching before the kick off.(Grimsby Borough Police Band mainly)

11.Leaving your push bike in an old lasses front garden in Imperial Ave for a tanner, and trying to untangle yours from a stack of about 40 others after the game.

12.When no supporter in the ground could be seen wearing a match day shirt. (when did that start?)

Cos i do.

Great post. I'm old enough, unfortunately, to remember 7 out of 12 of them!
1st game I ever went to was Darlo at home in 71-72. Dad took a box for me and my brother, just remember how packed it was and there was scrapping in the osmond. Nobody's mentioned the open air toilets at the back of the main stand.
Always thought bp was at its best under lights.atmosphere just seemed much better. Ivano doing his tour of the ground after his WBA winner, spanking Norwich in the fa cup with a weakened team and some of the superb flowing football we played under laws. The Exeter promotion game was awesome and scrapping on the pitch with Stoke. Wish we still had that bloke in uniform and that we gave out fish to the opposition.would give us a bit of class.
Is that little snug posh bar still deep in the main stand? Went in thee once as a youngster and it seemed like a little oasis of calm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 94
Madeleymariner
August 2, 2014, 11:54am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
I remember I had a rattle but could not make it work and also remember wearing a rosette at a cup match once but cant remember when.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 94
forza ivano
August 2, 2014, 12:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,205
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Madeleymariner
I remember I had a rattle but could not make it work and also remember wearing a rosette at a cup match once but cant remember when.

Think I had one for the burnley cup match in 72-73
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 94
Belfast Town
August 2, 2014, 12:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,691
Gold Stars: 19
I vividly remember the minute's silence when a trawler was lost at sea. Very poignant and demonstrates the strong links between the club and community.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 94
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 2, 2014, 3:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,844
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Belfast Town
I vividly remember the minute's silence when a trawler was lost at sea. Very poignant and demonstrates the strong links between the club and community.

And ironically some of the community don't want a new ground!!!!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 94
barralad
August 2, 2014, 8:07pm
Mariners Trust
The guy in the late 80s early 90s who used to shout at the top of his substantial Scottish voice "Get f***in in'tae 'em" who used to stand on the terraces between the Pontoon and the Findus

"Sing When We're Fishing"-the magazine not the chant....

Moving from end to end in the ground-particularly at night games...if Town were kicking towards the Osmond in the second half...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 12 Blundell Park Remembers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.