WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 4, 2014, 10:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from marinerjase

I still maintain money is killing football in this country. Know I'm going to get hammered for that but genuinely believe that is the case.

And re community stadium and some comments above - Nick has it right..the vast majority of people in/around the Town don't give two hoots if Gtfc get a new ground. Sad but true...

I put exactly the same and got slated...........good luck!  

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 94
barralad
August 4, 2014, 11:57am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from marinerjase

I still maintain money is killing football in this country. Know I'm going to get hammered for that but genuinely believe that is the case.

And re community stadium and some comments above - Nick has it right..the vast majority of people in/around the Town don't give two hoots if Gtfc get a new ground. Sad but true...

The fact that only 4500-ish out of potentially 200,000 have signed the petition suggests that is true. However, once there are concrete plans in place I think the numbers in favour will grow quite quickly. At the moment there are no physical plans. It will be interesting to see whether the latest in the Telegraph stimulates more interest.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 94
barralad
August 4, 2014, 12:07pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I put exactly the same and got slated...........good luck!  

Surprised really as it's not a "slatable" issue. Only someone without any feeling for the past could not be even a little upset at leaving B.P. For all Town fans (especially those my age ) there are fantastic memories. What I don't want is for those memories to be all that we have left. If we stay at B.P. I can only see the slow, painful decline continuing until JF decides there are better ways of spending his money and no-one wants to take it on.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 94
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 4, 2014, 12:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
I couldn't agree more!!
I wod even welcome the stands being kept as their original names. Would hate to have something different, but could understand if a stand was to be named after a player/manager. ( decent one as don't fancy being in the bobby Roberts/Ashley sestanovich stand)

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 94
oldun
August 4, 2014, 2:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Allotment corner has nice quaint feel about
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 12 Blundell Park Remembers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.