10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
ivanosandwich
October 13, 2015, 9:00am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,470
Gold Stars: 17
I think we will see the best from both Bogle and Amond, when they are playing together.

To me Bogle appears to be trying too hard which is understandable given that he probably feels that he has to take the chance or he will be bench warming again next game. It has been well documented that he 'beats himself up' when things don't go to plan on the pitch and you can see that from the stands, thumping the ground as I recall last week.

When Amond plays alongside him, I have noticed that he will make a point of going over to Bogle, even when he may be way over the other side of the pitch, to congratulate / encourage / advise or whatever is required. I think that is what Bogle needs. Doig probably shouts encouragement from the bench but there is no substitute for a fellow striker giving words of encouragement in the thick of the action.

Last Tuesday Bogle played Amond down the left wing who returned the ball across the six yard box with Bogle just failing to get on the end of. They immediately joined each other in the box for the obligatory high five. I'm not anti Tomlinson but you rarely see this sort of thing between him and either Bogle or Amond.

I'm not suggesting that these two only play when they are playing together, I just feel that we will see the best of them when they do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 94
Maringer
October 13, 2015, 9:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,569
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from NewtoN

I support Paul Hurst as a manager and will continue to do while he is at the club, but Tomlinson and Robinson are absolutely rammel!

Don't be silly. Both are perfectly decent players at this level though it seems pretty obvious that we've not seen the best of them in a GTFC shirt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 94
gary_elton
October 13, 2015, 9:14am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from oldun
Tommo to score 2 tonight. Can't wait to see his celebration and reaction to the fans. Could be spicy. Go on Tommo you know you want to.

Looks like you're on Tommo.... you best get a couple...and I don't mean " in "..... or are you still on the ale in Richmond ????  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 94
Grantham_Mariner
October 13, 2015, 9:37am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,196
Gold Stars: 51
Tommo is just one booking away from suspension, so why extend his loan?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 94
October 13, 2015, 9:38am
Guest User
After missing out the last game to ensure his hamstrings weren't over worked, I exect Pitman to be back in the starting 11 tonight.

Nobody in any report said that he had torn/damaged a hamstring. Just that he felt some tightness. I would guess that after sitting out for a match and doing some good hamstring stretching work with Dave Moore, that Pitman will be back for this one.
Reply: 64 - 94
chaos33
October 13, 2015, 9:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,946
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Tommo is just one booking away from suspension, so why extend his loan?

If correct that's a fair consideration.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 94
diehardmariner
October 13, 2015, 9:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,639
Gold Stars: 539
I definitely think Amond should be starting but I also accept the fact that Hurst sees all of his players day-in-day-out for training.  Personally I think any suggestion that Hurst is targeting Amond as a scapegoat is way off the mark.  This isn't a player he inherited, this is a player he signed himself!

From what Hurst sees in training it could well be that Amond only works well in a pairing with Bogle.  Definitely in pre-season those two were set up as a pairing with JPP and Arnold as the other strike pairing.    Equally so Amond could be carrying an knock that Hurst hasn't declared yet (he is always very coy with injuries) and would struggle to get through more than 20 minutes.

My personal view is that Amond is intelligent enough to work in a pairing with anyone and would personally like to have seen him alongside Tomlinson whilst JPP is out, or indeed with JPP.    I hope tonight we see Amond from the start, we're a better team with in the team.

As said before, I don't think Tomlinson is that bad.  Far from it.  He badly needs a goal though.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 94
A Brace Of Tees
October 13, 2015, 10:25am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from grimsby pete
Arsenal are the masters of defensive football,

Yes they try and play attractive football but defence is the key,

Now let me think, when did they last win the championship ?

The most successful teams attack and have goal scorers in their team,

Come on Mr Hurst we would rather win 4 -2 than 1-0.

Play a more attacking team.

Can't quite believe you said that about Arsenal! I'm pretty sure most neutral observers (and a few partisan) would agree that Arsenal are probably the only reason to watch premiership football due to their fantastic attacking style. The first 20 minutes of their demolition of Man Utd was breathtaking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 94
acko338
October 13, 2015, 10:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 33
Tommo is like Livvo, physical presence without huge goal return  - certainly worth a squad place but my fav pairing up front that has to be given a good games run is Bogle and Amond together - Amond makes Bogle's job easier by his positioning and passing to bring a young lad along in his first season at this level !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 94
arryarryarry
October 13, 2015, 10:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,034
Gold Stars: 116
I wouldn't go so far to say that Tommo is like Livvo, not too sure about his physical presence but he does run around a lot, and you couldn't really say that about Livvo.

This extended signing is a risk for PH, if he doesn't score and we don't win the knives will be out for the both of them.

Let's hope he does score and we win.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tomlinson "surprise"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.