Rick12
February 7, 2016, 11:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Freemoash88
Based on this season and having done what he's done it wouldn't surprise me if Chelsea try and get Claudio back as manager..

I can see why Ranieri has done well .Of all the managers I have seen interviewed he for me comes across as the most likable.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 95
ginnywings
February 7, 2016, 11:41am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Has Ranieri done a lot? Pearson got that team off and running this time last season when they looked doomed. It was a remarkable turnaround and i don't think there has been much change in style or personnel since then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 95
Rick12
February 7, 2016, 11:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from ginnywings
Has Ranieri done a lot? Pearson got that team off and running this time last season when they looked doomed. It was a remarkable turnaround and i don't think there has been much change in style or personnel since then.
Probably has sustained it.I know from reading Hasslebanks book that he use to love a tinker and this upset some players.Looks like may have changed his style as of the teams in the prem Leicester is one of the most settled this season

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 95
jonnyboy82
February 7, 2016, 11:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Yes ginny i would say after 30 games and getting leicester top of the premier league he has done alot..

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 95
rancido
February 7, 2016, 12:01pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from WokingMariner
Can't believe some of the misery guts on here. Leicester gives hope to supporters of every small team, that one day they can achieve the impossible.

This must be the most sensible post on this subject! Most fans on this site bemoan how the " big clubs " monopolise the Premiersh*t and other clubs can't compete. Then along comes Leicester and punches a great hole in that argument but these same fans then begrudge them their success because 1 player plays for them - fu**ing unbelievable !!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 95
ginnywings
February 7, 2016, 12:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Yes ginny i would say after 30 games and getting leicester top of the premier league he has done alot..

I don't disagree with that view but it has to be said that they were on title winning form at the end of last season, only they were starting from the bottom of the league. Pearson seems to be the forgotten man but he mostly built that side. Ranieri is doing a good job though i admit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 95
Mariner Ronnie
February 7, 2016, 12:31pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
I agree with ginny, it's Pearson's team

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 95
Tommy
February 7, 2016, 1:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Pearson did a good job keeping then up last year going on that run in the latter part of the season. But there's no doubt in my mind he wouldn't have been capable of taking them on to them level that Ranieri has this season.

Exactly one year ago today, Leicester were still bottom. They remained bottom of the league for a while after that too. They were still bottom as the season entered April, after 29 matches. They won the first game in April after picking up just 2 points in 8 games previously. So their purple patch of "title-winning" form was only for their last 9 games.

This season they top the league with only 2 defeats after  25 games. A much harder proposition to maintain this form for 25 games than 9 games, especially when it's from the start of the season when everyone has something to play for (as opposed to April/May when half the league are safe but have no chance of top 4).

Mahrez and Vardy are on a different level this season to what they were under Pearson. And despite them being a counter attacking team, they are more positive than under Pearson who was always the cautious type.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 95
MuddyWaters
February 7, 2016, 2:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
I agree with ginny, it's Pearson's team

Don't agree, Mahrez is playing with far more freedom under Ranieri plus Ranieri signed the two players that have allowed that to happen, namely Okazaki and the unsung hero that is Kante.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 95
Mariner Ronnie
February 7, 2016, 2:21pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Don't agree, Mahrez is playing with far more freedom under Ranieri plus Ranieri signed the two players that have allowed that to happen, namely Okazaki and the unsung hero that is Kante.

A team is made up of 11 players not 2. The point is that that team was using player power to oust Pearson.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Leicester

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.