10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Biccys
February 9, 2016, 9:39am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Hang on a minute...

I was under the impression that the reasons we didn't go into admin was because the majority of the debt we had was "football related" and therefore not subject to the same regulations that befell those that owed, for example, the printers of the programmes or whoever.

We would not have benefited in any way from going into administration. We'd still have owed the same amount of money and had a points reduction anyway.

I may have the details backwards but I distinctly recall there being explaining statements to that effect not that long ago from Mr F.

Admin was never a viable option for us.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 80 - 95
diehardmariner
February 9, 2016, 10:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,634
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from arryarryarry

I don't think you can compare Leicester with Chester, Chester are a completely new club and had to re-start from the lowest level that the F.A. insisted on.

That they did.  But they still left local businesses out of pocket when they went under, albeit in a previous guise, ultimately to come back with a clean slate.  Six years on from when they went under, they're comfortably at the level they were wound up at.  The point was Town didn't go into administration and within six years we had dropped from Championship to Conference.  

I wasn't necessarily comparing teams who have gone into administration, more highlighting that the majority of clubs who have gone down that route have come back in a better position.
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 95
arryarryarry
February 9, 2016, 10:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from diehardmariner

That they did.  But they still left local businesses out of pocket when they went under, albeit in a previous guise, ultimately to come back with a clean slate.  Six years on from when they went under, they're comfortably at the level they were wound up at.  The point was Town didn't go into administration and within six years we had dropped from Championship to Conference.  

I wasn't necessarily comparing teams who have gone into administration, more highlighting that the majority of clubs who have gone down that route have come back in a better position.

I disagree, the current Chester are not the previous club so they didn't "come back", whereas Leicester City are.

The issue is that Leicester City went into administration, kept their league status but now with new owners so if they did not pay any of that £100,000 or any of their debts it is still the same club.

Whereas Chester are a completely new club with a different name.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 95
Biccys
February 9, 2016, 10:59am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 83 - 95
ginnywings
February 9, 2016, 12:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Biccys

I was searching for that yesterday as i also had it in the back of my mind that administration wasn't an option for us.

At least we are still chugging along but i feel we have now done our penance and it's time for the board to get us back in the league. The fans are doing their bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 95
diehardmariner
February 9, 2016, 1:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

I disagree, the current Chester are not the previous club so they didn't "come back", whereas Leicester City are.

The issue is that Leicester City went into administration, kept their league status but now with new owners so if they did not pay any of that £100,000 or any of their debts it is still the same club.

Whereas Chester are a completely new club with a different name.

They started three, four levels below where they ended?  Stadium already in place which was leased back to them straight away, fan base already in existence...it took them four seasons to get back to the Conference and no doubt with a greater financial standing.  

Without shadow of a doubt, the Leicester and Crystal Palace's of the world have come out of administration with far more benefits than Chester.  I'm not denying that.  But Chester (City or FC, whichever you want to call them), went into administration and came out the other side in a better place.   Now don't get me wrong, I'm delighted that the fans of Chester got their club back from the grasp of Stephen Vaughan.

Private Message
Reply: 85 - 95
arryarryarry
February 9, 2016, 1:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from diehardmariner

They started three, four levels below where they ended?  Stadium already in place which was leased back to them straight away, fan base already in existence...it took them four seasons to get back to the Conference and no doubt with a greater financial standing.  

Without shadow of a doubt, the Leicester and Crystal Palace's of the world have come out of administration with far more benefits than Chester.  I'm not denying that.  But Chester (City or FC, whichever you want to call them), went into administration and came out the other side in a better place.   Now don't get me wrong, I'm delighted that the fans of Chester got their club back from the grasp of Stephen Vaughan.

I'm trying not to be too pedantic here and probably failing but most of the clubs you listed are still the same club as they were before they entered administration, so they can still be blamed for the debts they left.

Chester City went into administration twice in 1998 and 2009 but were actually wound up on the 10th March 2010. A new club Chester FC were founded, they may play at the same stadium (they don't own it) they may have the same fans but they are a different entity and could not be blamed for any previous debts.
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 95
diehardmariner
February 9, 2016, 3:46pm
Vodka Drinker
I think we're both splitting hairs here needlessly.

Shall we just agree to disagree?
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 95
GrimRob
February 9, 2016, 4:17pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,420
Gold Stars: 113
The bookies are going to get a caning if Leicester win

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/new.....er-league-funny-bets

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 88 - 95
Les Brechin
February 9, 2016, 5:31pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from GrimRob
The bookies are going to get a caning if Leicester win

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/new.....er-league-funny-bets

And how many of those millions will be heading your way Rob?  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Leicester

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.