mariner2000
February 7, 2016, 11:18pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from nightrider
I live in Leicester, pass the stadium every other day and cant stand them. Horrible club, even worse City!
Amazed by all the positive comments about them. Whilst Town went into free fall after the ITV thing, they had a lot of debt written off. They should have dropped a couple of leagues similar to Leeds? / Luton. If you were to dislike any club it should be them.
It wasn't long ago that they were struggling to get 15k to games - the city is 10times the size of Grimsby. Kids were walking around with Chelsea tops on all over. You can half expect it with us but Leicester. As soon as they won promotion you wouldn't have been able to get a season ticket let alone a ticket
When Vardy was signed he was excrement according to their fans. Now he's one of their own.
I really cant stand em - hope Spurs or Arsenal beat them. That said, I love Ranieri. Shame Chelsea didn't keep him

I live in Leicester too, and my experience is the complete opposite.

The payments and administration were in a different life, I don't agree with it but hey ho.  It's a bit like saying you are not going to  town game while Fenty is at the club....and then still not going, either after he has left or when we are in the Premiership, things change life moves on.

I've been saying to my GTFC mates for a while that leicester is going places, the Thai owners are putting money in, not necessarily straight into the team, spending silly money on messi etc but they are generally doing the right things right.  

The training ground, which I live next to, has been massively revamped, the stadium despite being newish has been improved, the way the club is run has been premiership for a few good seasons before they got promoted.  A important thing the Thai owners has brought appears to have been business contacts, sponsors changed, interest in the club abroad grew, overall the club grew.  They appear real nice guys too.  I just hope they keep getting what they want from the club, and it matches what the fans want, and their interest doesn't wain.  The club was still in debt for the building of the ground, the debt has now been bought by the owners, so if things go bad.....

Leicester by the way is a fine city, other than it's mayor who is hell bent on turning it into one big traffic jam, not an amazing city but a damn site better than some, and unfortunately a huge amount better than home

The stadium is a simple build but it works it's great and the fans have always been a passionate lot.  Of course there are CHelski tops, and Barca tops etc.around, blame Sky for that, but I can guarantee you they have massively become outnumbered by leicester shirts, in the same way as GTFC going to Wembley did for town for a week or two.

The bubble will burst but at least they are having their bubble and the scum are lagging behind.

It's just a shame Tottenham doing well is happening in the same season.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 60 - 95
promotion plaice
February 7, 2016, 11:59pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,062
Gold Stars: 198

Anyone old enough now to remember it, Town v Southampton FA Cup 1978, I think second replay ( Filbert Street Leicester City) I was there...UTM

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 95
ginnywings
February 8, 2016, 12:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,132
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Marinerz93

£100k Parachute payments when Portsmouth, Leicester and Wolves got promoted to the Prem whilst Town, Wednesday and Brighton were relegated to what is now League 1 (old money league 3).

As far as I can remember none of them have paid up, I will hold my hands up if proven wrong.

Nope, still don't get it. Are you saying that those clubs were supposed to give us money in the form of parachute payments and if so, is it not the league who do that sort of thing?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 95
Marinerz93
February 8, 2016, 1:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ginnywings

Nope, still don't get it. Are you saying that those clubs were supposed to give us money in the form of parachute payments and if so, is it not the league who do that sort of thing?

It was agreed at the time by all chairman at championship level before teams got promoted or relegated.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk.....-wednesday-1-2519409

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 95
Henryscat
February 8, 2016, 5:02am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Not only do they owe us money but didn't they owe a local company who built the stadium £6million??

Probably a few town fans there lost jobs

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 95
ginnywings
February 8, 2016, 10:25am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,132
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Marinerz93

It was agreed at the time by all chairman at championship level before teams got promoted or relegated.

Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware of that.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 95
arryarryarry
February 8, 2016, 11:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,045
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Marinerz93

The b@stards.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 95
Mariner Ronnie
February 8, 2016, 12:19pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Marinerz93

Well I never knew this! I don't give a toss about them now! 😡

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 95
Marinerz93
February 8, 2016, 4:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Henryscat
Not only do they owe us money but didn't they owe a local company who built the stadium £6million??

Probably a few town fans there lost jobs

£7 million I think it was unless other admin debt was piled on top.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 95
Marinerz93
February 8, 2016, 4:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware of that.

Ginny, like I said, I can't remember any of them paying up, and I am more than willing to hold my hands up if proven wrong.

Private Message
Reply: 69 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Leicester

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.