Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 7 Guests

New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith

This thread currently has 47,260 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
December 13, 2020, 8:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,266
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings
The Trust have already told us that he won't be involved in the day to day running of the club, and is part of a deal that " will help the club".

I will assume that it's some kind of enabling project involving property and probably explains the setting up of a property company with JF, so Swin has a point with his train of thought. JF would be run out of town if he relinquished GTFC to him or his associates, and he knows that.

However, he should have known better than to involve himself with a shyster and then there is his role of portfolio holder for regeneration to consider. Surely this can't all be above board given his majority shareholding in the club.

If this arrangement helps the club as the Trust have said, then it helps JF personally and that is a conflict.

Didn’t the Shutes proposal include an enabling project?
Private Message
Reply: 320 - 367
louth_in_the_south
December 13, 2020, 8:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,694
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Ipswin

Exactly, hang Fenty when we know

Jeez Swin . Don’t be so naive. Why set up these dodgy businesses. He knew . And we know he knew.  
JF has embarrassed the club and fans he’s supposed to represent. All the board should should walk with immediate affect and bd banned from BP for life .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 321 - 367
Squinter
December 13, 2020, 8:43pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from MuddyWaters

A) if he didn’t, he should have. Due diligence.
B) If it wasn’t, he shouldn’t have been at any of the last 4 games.
C) Probably still relates to Colin Dodds who I believe was also in the photo.

A) N/A if not related to GTFC,  who Fenty deals in his personal business life is up to him.
B)  Yes your right, but my next door neighbour shouldn't be have her whole family around in her house for a party either, plenty of people out there breaking the rules.
C)  Again just speculation it was Dodds.  I'll wait until confirmed.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 322 - 367
MuddyWaters
December 13, 2020, 8:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,266
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Squinter

A) N/A if not related to GTFC,  who Fenty deals in his personal business life is up to him.
B)  Yes your right, but my next door neighbour shouldn't be have her whole family around in her house for a party either, plenty of people out there breaking the rules.

A. Of course he should. Whether it was GTFC, John Fenty or as deputy leader of NE Lincs Council, he should have known who he was dealing with.
Private Message
Reply: 323 - 367
TAGG
December 13, 2020, 9:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,945
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Squinter

A Thats okay then.
B Thats okay then.
C Nothing to see here, move along

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 324 - 367
aldi_01
December 13, 2020, 9:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Even if this is purely a personal business thing Fenty should’ve known the issues it would cause.

We’re not just talking about the owner of a football club are we? Locally we’re talking about the deputy leader of the council, a man who has clearly got political aspirations. Has his own arrogance been his down fall again?

This, even if it is legit, cannot help Fenty in anyway shape or form.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 325 - 367
TAGG
December 13, 2020, 9:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,945
Gold Stars: 126
At the risk of being called a racist, why is Kapikanya still in the country? let alone being allowed to be a Director of any company.
How the intercourse wasn't he deported the day he walked from Prison??

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 326 - 367
GrimRob
December 13, 2020, 9:29pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,425
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from TAGG
At the risk of being called a racist, why is Kapikanya still in the country? let alone being allowed to be a Director of any company.
How the intercourse wasn't he deported the day he walked from Prison??

He's British I presume, just born in another country

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 327 - 367
Poojah
December 13, 2020, 9:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,613
Gold Stars: 1,503
I've been pondering this one all day. So many unknowns, so many questions to be answered. I'll hold off getting too emotional or tearing into anyone until we know some more of the facts, however a few things do appear to be relatively clear at least.

The first is that May's interest certainly appears to be in the club in some way, shape or form. His links to Colin Dodd and Blundell Park Project Limited are clear, and he'd hardly have been at the match yesterday on some kind of corporate entertainment gig in the present circumstances. Of course, he shouldn't have been there anyway.

It seems obvious to me that you don't do business of any kind with someone convicted of such a despicable crime. A scam which deliberately targeted vulnerable people at a particularly vulnerable time in their lives. From a moral standpoint it's not the kind of person you affiliate with, but more so than that how on earth are you supposed to trust someone capable of doing something like that? You can't, and for that reason alone it should be a non-starter.

The arguments about second chances don't wash with me. KingstonMariner very eloquently dealt with this earlier - second chances have to be contextual. If I get convicted (and jailed) for fraud on an industrial scale then I can expect my opportunites in the business world to be limited thereafter. I can't remember if it was Confucius that said it or some other luminary, but "you lose trust, Matt".

I note that John Fenty is yet to have his say, which in itself is odd for someone usually very quick to defend himself when his character is called into question. Is it possible that he was unaware of this character's background? Name change or not, I find that highly unlikely, since a quick Google of 'Alex May' reveals a number of articles relating to his involvement in the attempted buyout of Notts County, in which it is referenced that he disclosed of his conviction at the very outset of discussions.

I'm puzzled tonight. What interest does this man purport to have in Grimsby Town FC? What is his actual interest? Why would John Fenty entertain someone with such an abhorrent background? Given that this relationship had to come to light at some point, what kind of reaction did he expect? They are big questions, and we need answers.

Let me finish by saying this. This will be a seminal week in the history of this football club.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 328 - 367
aldi_01
December 13, 2020, 9:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Poojah
I've been pondering this one all day. So many unknowns, so many questions to be answered. I'll hold off getting too emotional or tearing into anyone until we know some more of the facts, however a few things do appear to be relatively clear at least.

The first is that May's interest certainly appears to be in the club in some way, shape or form. His links to Colin Dodd and Blundell Park Project Limited are clear, and he'd hardly have been at the match yesterday on some kind of corporate entertainment gig in the present circumstances. Of course, he shouldn't have been there anyway.

It seems obvious to me that you don't do business of any kind with someone convicted of such a despicable crime. A scam which deliberately targeted vulnerable people at a particularly vulnerable time in their lives. From a moral standpoint it's not the kind of person you affiliate with, but more so than that how on earth are you supposed to trust someone capable of doing something like that? You can't, and for that reason alone it should be a non-starter.

The arguments about second chances don't wash with me. KingstonMariner very eloquently dealt with this earlier - second chances have to be contextual. If I get convicted (and jailed) for fraud on an industrial scale then I can expect my opportunites in the business world to be limited thereafter. I can't remember if it was Confucius that said it or some other luminary, but "you lose trust, Matt".

I note that John Fenty is yet to have his say, which in itself is odd for someone usually very quick to defend himself when his character is called into question. Is it possible that he was unaware of this character's background? Name change or not, I find that highly unlikely, since a quick Google of 'Alex May' reveals a number of articles relating to his involvement in the attempted buyout of Notts County, in which it is referenced that he disclosed of his conviction at the very outset of discussions.

I'm puzzled tonight. What interest does this man purport to have in Grimsby Town FC? What is his actual interest? Why would John Fenty entertain someone with such an abhorrent background? Given that this relationship had to come to light at some point, what kind of reaction did he expect? They are big questions, and we need answers.

Let me finish by saying this. This will be a seminal week in the history of this football club.

See honest John’s statement...it really, erm clears up...nothing...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 329 - 367
37 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.