Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 28 Guests

New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith

This thread currently has 47,633 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
December 13, 2020, 6:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from LH

Pleased to hear from you. We were about to send a search party. What time will you be releasing the statement?

Lol 😂
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 367
mirrorballman
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +552
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from pen penfras
Wow, I bet some keyboards are going to be sore in the morning!

This guy can't possibly be involved in running a football club, his conviction precludes that.

Nobody on here knows him, knows how repentant or reformed he is. He has paid his dues as convicted and everybody deserves a 2nd chance. Obviously Fenty has been involved with his associates for a number of years, and maybe he approached Fenty with good business opportunities and Fenty feels he is a reformed character and deserves an opportunity to make something legitimately.

Don't get me wrong, I in no way approve of his past, and what he did is despicable. But in terms of fairness, everybody should be given an opportunity to put right their mistakes.

Not everyone deserves a second chance and go back to their old life after they've served their time. I can think of several crimes where that simply isn't the case. It's ludicrous to suggest a guy getting locked up in fraud for 6 years in 2014 can walk straight back into a position where large sums of money are bring moved about. For a start, where is his money coming from?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 271 - 367
dapperz fun pub
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84

Don't get me wrong, I in no way approve of his past, and what he did is despicable. But in terms of fairness, everybody should be given an opportunity to put right their mistakes.[/quote]

A mistake ?? What he did was calculated thought out and carried out no second chance from me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 272 - 367
KingstonMariner
December 13, 2020, 6:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

Do we know they haven't?

The point is, there are options if you are going to sell:

(A) go with a team with a known convicted fraudster; or
(B) go with a team where we don’t know has a fraudster on board.

Most logical people would not choose (A). There might be a fraudster that we don’t know about in team b, there might not be. The risk that there is a fraudster with (B) is less than 100%. The risk of there being a fraudster in team (A) is 100%.

If you’re not selling then what the hell are you doing inviting a fraudster into a public venue that the public are banned from? He’s got no business being there.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 273 - 367
SDUTM
December 13, 2020, 6:53pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +179
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from LH

Pleased to hear from you. We were about to send a search party. What time will you be releasing the statement?

Exactly always posting as if it’s straight from Fenty’s mouth and with context that’s only possible from either Fenty or his clan. Fenty needs to realise that the club is not worth the value of his shares, the other shares out there and his loans! To simply hold investors to ransom for recovery of this money is an absolute joke and never likely to happen unless new investors have very deep pockets and a massive love for the club, because the investment cannot possibly finish with paying Fenty off. If you have seriously had enough John then simply write it off and walk away, others will come in if they know that they don’t have to bail out previous bad mistakes by paying off those that have made them. My feeling is that you love the fight John and is a sick way get off on all this uproar.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 274 - 367
KingstonMariner
December 13, 2020, 6:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

For felicitations sake if that's his only crime he's unlikely to be recalled to prison to serve the rest of his sentence is he?

Perhaps he's being lined up as the next manager. Who knows? We don't

Other folk have had their collars felt for this. Why shouldn’t the person who let May in to the ground?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 275 - 367
mirrorballman
December 13, 2020, 6:57pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +552
Gold Stars: 8
Hilarious to see the red crosses arrive one by one from Fenty and his pals. What a petty little man😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 276 - 367
ska face
December 13, 2020, 6:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from pen penfras
Wow, I bet some keyboards are going to be sore in the morning!

This guy can't possibly be involved in running a football club, his conviction precludes that.

Nobody on here knows him, knows how repentant or reformed he is. He has paid his dues as convicted and everybody deserves a 2nd chance. Obviously Fenty has been involved with his associates for a number of years, and maybe he approached Fenty with good business opportunities and Fenty feels he is a reformed character and deserves an opportunity to make something legitimately.

Don't get me wrong, I in no way approve of his past, and what he did is despicable. But in terms of fairness, everybody should be given an opportunity to put right their mistakes.

Crawl out Fenty’s ringpiece for one second will you?

If this crook wants to put right his mistakes he can start with repaying every penny he stole from his victims, not being given the VIP treatment (at OUR expense, by the way) at BP. He’s a social pariah and it speaks volumes of Day and Fenty that they’d even entertain the idea of his involvement with the club. Either they think the fans are idiots, or they are.
Private Message
Reply: 277 - 367
Iknowyoursecret
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
https://find-and-update.compan.....M7EVmMPdWlYwpSL3v3yM as far as I am concerned Mr Fentys political career is in tatters and as far as Our Grimsby Town is concerned SELL John and intercourse off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 278 - 367
Guest User
Quoted from mirrorballman
Hilarious to see the red crosses arrive one by one from Fenty and his pals. What a petty little man😂

Sad bunch, the people who run our club.
Reply: 279 - 367
37 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.