Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FGR v Town Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 54 Guests

FGR v Town Match Thread

This thread currently has 30,732 views. Print
27 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
March 18, 2014, 9:54pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,924
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Look on the brightside, if we win all our games in hand, we will be on equal points with Alfreton, how awesome is that!

594 fans at their home game tonight... we ain't got no facking money!

Really awesome considering they have our star defenders Woody and Kempson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 261
jonnyboy82
March 18, 2014, 9:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from barralad

Marginally better though than listening to your defeatist, miserable outlook after the team loses an away fixture to one of the better sides in this league.

Right on cue.

Yeah we lost to midtable forest green.

Lets be happy!  Ye ye ye.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 261
Chrisblor
March 18, 2014, 9:56pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,877
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Garth

Really awesome considering they have our star defenders Woody and Kempson

Don't forget our former star manager Nicky Law too!

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 261
LongEatonMariner
March 18, 2014, 9:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Don't think I heard Disley's name all second half, if he isn't worthy of a place in the centre then Rodman or McLaughlin should play instead.

Cook no better than LJL, missed chances too but maybe didn't hold up as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 261
ackomariner

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from barralad

Marginally better though than listening to your defeatist, miserable outlook after the team loses an away fixture to one of the better sides in this league.

Still got your rose tinted glasses on I see

Well maybe some people on here are sick to the back teeth of reading yours and a few others outlook of how were doing

It won't hurt you know to say " we were shite tonight" instead of thinking everything will be ok, we will hit form soon, blah blah, blah

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 261
barralad
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Chrisblor
If you look at that game as a yardstick for the playoffs it really doesn't bode well. Forest Green are the type of opponent we're likely to meet at some point in the playoffs and we have to be better than we were tonight if we want to get promoted. We can't go into the first leg of a playoff game and gift the opponent two goals by making individual mistakes or switching off when defending a set piece like we did in the first thirty minutes tonight. Is Paul Hurst capable of getting our players to put in a proper performance over the full 90 minutes and solving the problem with our misfiring strikers? I'm not really sure (sacking him any time before the end of the season would be totally daft though).

Decent balanced view. Surely it's time for some of our players especially the strikers to step up and deliver. It must be hard for any manager...Cook does really well on Saturday when he comes on but doesn't appear to carry it forward to tonight. Connor Jennings has an off day-a proven striker at this level. Only Neilson appears to have an inkling as to where the goal is. On that subject am I alone in thinking that it is bizarre that (apparently) he still cannot last 90 minutes?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 261
Caesar
March 18, 2014, 10:00pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
It is noticeable how a match thread of a win gets 5 pages, a defeat is 11 and counting.  Know that is partly because less people able to go away so posting here but still.

I've had depressing seasons as a town fan, and seasons of mid table obscurity, but can't remember a season like this where the team had us hooked on a promotion chase all season, on the verge of success and blowing it at the same time, for months on end. So hard to to relax and say we might get in the playoffs and we might get this many wins, and to just sit back and relax and live through the inconsistancy, rather than thinking of course we'll make the playoffs one week, wondering what we'll be like when we're in them, to thinking theres a very good chance we won't make them. Its actual torture, I just want to skip to the end.

This!! Seriously it reminds me of the old adage "the despair I don't mind, the hope I can't stand!" The seasons of nothingness in the Conference were awful but this last 3 months have been the most frustrating I can remember, the constant games in hand, the constant promise of a run of good form, just enough to keep us hanging on and then 2-0 down inside a half against a rival.  I really cannot see a change of manager or anything like that improving things so lets continue to back us and let the dice fall where they may at the end of the season but please oh please may Paul Hurst or any of the players understand the frustration we are feeling and make it that bit easier for us by winning 4 of our next 5 games!  I'll even take 3!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 261
Les Brechin
March 18, 2014, 10:01pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,714
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from barralad

Decent balanced view. Surely it's time for some of our players especially the strikers to step up and deliver. It must be hard for any manager...Cook does really well on Saturday when he comes on but doesn't appear to carry it forward to tonight. Connor Jennings has an off day-a proven striker at this level. Only Neilson appears to have an inkling as to where the goal is. On that subject am I alone in thinking that it is bizarre that (apparently) he still cannot last 90 minutes?

Neilson played the full 90 on Saturday didn't he?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 261
FishOutOfWater
March 18, 2014, 10:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from barralad

According to Scott himself he's ok to play for the full 90  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 168 - 261
GYinScuntland
March 18, 2014, 10:04pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,249
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro

If we win this, I will eat my own lightly poached testes served on a saltine cracker dressed with a sprig of dill and a Béchamel sauce.

Dill with Béchamel sauce?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 261
27 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FGR v Town Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.