Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FGR v Town Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 125 Guests

FGR v Town Match Thread

This thread currently has 30,733 views. Print
27 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
March 18, 2014, 11:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Well that's another fine night for Paul "we looked sharp in training and on any other night we would have got something" Hurst. I know what to do. Lets put our captain and top scoring centre mid on the wing and totally out of the game and let's bring off Neilson, who has scored and hit the post and is the only player apart from the captain who is scoring with any regularity.

A month ago, we were 1 point from the play offs with 5 games in hand. We are now 1 point from the play offs with 3 games in hand. I keep telling myself we will get in the play offs but we are averaging barely over a point a game for a quarter of the season, so if we don't shake ourselves soon, we will drift away. That's now 14 points from 12 games.

FGR had the first half, created about 4 chances, scored 2 and hit the post. We had the second half, created numerous chances and scored 1 and also hit the post and there is the problem in a nutshell. I've lost count of the games when our strikers have failed to score. Jennings couldn't stop scoring at Macclesfield. We'll soon put a stop to those shenanigans young man.

Tonight's game was the whole season in miniature. Inconsistent from game to game and half to half. Can't defend and can't score.

These are just observations of course. In no way am i moaning. No not me. Honest Guv'nor.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 261
Grimal
March 19, 2014, 11:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from barralad

Marginally better though than listening to your defeatist, miserable outlook after the team loses an away fixture to one of the better sides in this league.

Well said barralad,it seems to be the same ones that crawl out of the wood after every defeat,where are they when we win,some people just like to have a good moan.Perhaps be a good idea to  start a thread for anyone who wishes to have a good moan about anything and everything,and people could view it if they want. I say if you feel the cap fits,wear it.Lets get behind the manager and the team,we are still in with a good position of reaching the playoffs. So stop moaning and start cheering.I was a FGR lastnight, and yes it was disappointing to come away without winning,but we did deserve something out of the game with our secondhalf performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 261
pontoonlew
March 19, 2014, 11:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,054
Gold Stars: 178
We have 3 wins in 10 and Hurst doesn't seem too alarmed. He thought we started well for the first 2.30 secs?   I have absolutely no confidence in the bloke and not making the play-offs would be his job, not winning the play-offs could also cost him his job and I don't think there would be many who could argue against it. He's had THREE YEARS to get a team together and still rotates because he's no idea what team he wants. He thought the midfield 3 was a good idea and claims it's easy to say it didn't work after the event, so why is it everybody on the flipping planet can tell you that Disley on the wing is NOT going to work except the pillock paid to make the choices. He has his favorites and as a team we pay for it, takes a dig at Cook for his missed chances tonight yet I don't think he's ever ever said that about LJL despite LJL missing a sitter every single game.  LJL simply will not get enough goals. I don't buy this 'he holds it up though' or 'If he could score and hold the ball up he wouldn't be at this level' so what? Cunnington & Tomlinson hold the ball up and score goals too, why do we justify LJL still playing up front when he cannot do the main bulk of his job as a striker? There are plenty of strikers at this level who hold the ball up and score goals, it's a really urine poor excuse. People used similar ones for Danny North and Serge flipping Makofo, it's simply clutching at straws. If he was THAT good at it, we wouldn't be so short of goals lately.

On CURRENT form (i'm basing it on the last 12 games as we've got 12 games left) we'll end the season with 71 points, a total that is way off what was good enough for the last 7-8 seasons (probably more, i've not looked any further back). That would be a complete and utter disaster and there's only one man to blame. If people think i'm being fickle, i've been saying this for some weeks now, whether we win or lose. Hurst is not good enough to take this side up and if by some miracle he does, we'll have a monumental struggle to stay up next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 261
jonnyboy82
March 19, 2014, 12:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Grimal

Well said barralad,it seems to be the same ones that crawl out of the wood after every defeat,where are they when we win,some people just like to have a good moan.Perhaps be a good idea to  start a thread for anyone who wishes to have a good moan about anything and everything,and people could view it if they want. I say if you feel the cap fits,wear it.Lets get behind the manager and the team,we are still in with a good position of reaching the playoffs. So stop moaning and start cheering.I was a FGR lastnight, and yes it was disappointing to come away without winning,but we did deserve something out of the game with our secondhalf performance.

And its the same old ones who keep boring on about games in hand, we will hit some luck soon blah blah blah..

Now as you put the old cliche "we deserved something out the game " how many times have you said that since christmas hey?

You ask me to stop moaning and start cheering, well what do you want to cheer about?... Have a think and let me know.

What have we achieved in 3 years paul hurst has been at the helm, have a think on that one too and let me know.

I am not going to keep being happy and cheery as you say while we are 9th in the league with one of the biggest budgets in it.

Oh and you can stick the old chestnut "we have games in hand if if if" up your bottom,

3 wins in the last 12 matches with only Aldershot,hereford tamworth and hyde below us in the form guide.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 261
Mariners_15
March 19, 2014, 12:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Lincoln only four points behind us now

Surely they won't.....

Says it all really. Their performance against us on New Years Day was probably one of the worst I've seen from any team since being in this league and although we weren't brilliant on the day still looked better in every department. Now they are closing in on us. Shows how bad our form has been since January, it really has been abysmal (performances too)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 261
Mariners_15
March 19, 2014, 12:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from RichMariner
For those fans who want to see Paul Hurst sacked, what exactly do you *think* will happen if you get your wish?

I don't want to know what you *hope* will happen. Be realistic. Which manager should we get? Will he come to us? How do you know he'll be better than what we're already seeing?

I'm not having a go, I'm just interested.

For the record, I don't think Hurst should be sacked. He's received plenty of criticism - some of it deserved, but a lot undeserved - and I'm happy to hold judgment until after this season is over.

Agreed that sacking him now is not an option but without meaning to be negative I really can't see us getting promoted this season. Performances and results since the turn of the year have been poor and IMO we don't deserve to go up this season. I can see us making the play off's but if we fail again I think Hurst will be gone and we should be pushing the boat out for Steve Burr or Gary Mills. Mills would be my preference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 261
GrimRob
March 19, 2014, 1:06pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,431
Gold Stars: 113
Losing narrowly away at the side with the biggest wage bill in the division is hardly a disgrace. We're still on target for promotion.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 196 - 261
pontoonlew
March 19, 2014, 1:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,054
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from GrimRob
Losing narrowly away at the side with the biggest wage bill in the division is hardly a disgrace. We're still on target for promotion.

It's a bit sad but I worked out if that's true last night. It's not. Based on what the sides above us did in however many games they've got remaining, we will finish 8th. So if we did exactly as we did in the last 12 games (we have 12 left) we'll have 71 points. The play-offs on current form will be; Cambridge, Alfreton, Nuneaton & Forest Green.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 261
Grimal
March 19, 2014, 1:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from jonnyboy82

And its the same old ones who keep boring on about games in hand, we will hit some luck soon blah blah blah..

Now as you put the old cliche "we deserved something out the game " how many times have you said that since christmas hey?

You ask me to stop moaning and start cheering, well what do you want to cheer about?... Have a think and let me know.

What have we achieved in 3 years paul hurst has been at the helm, have a think on that one too and let me know.

I am not going to keep being happy and cheery as you say while we are 9th in the league with one of the biggest budgets in it.

Oh and you can stick the old chestnut "we have games in hand if if if" up your bottom,

3 wins in the last 12 matches with only Aldershot,hereford tamworth and hyde below us in the form guide.

The cap obviously fits then jonnyboy. You ask what do I want to cheer about,one thing is that Thanks to Mr.Fenty I have a club to support and as a true supporter I will support GTFC through thick and thin for as long as we have a club.
I personally have not mentioned us being in a good position because of games in hand.obviously they count for nothing but 1 point off the playoffs isnt a bad position to be in.I know we need to improve our performances but this is possible. Last night was an example, we were by far the best team in the second half and I still stick by we deserved something from the game.You ask what we have achieved in the last 3 years, well you let me know what we achieved in the previous 3 years.
By the way we are 8th in the League not 9th.
Keep yer chin up jonnyboy and keep the faith with OUR club. Come out of the wood more often,not just when we lose.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 261
Caesar
March 19, 2014, 2:17pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from Mariners_15

Agreed that sacking him now is not an option but without meaning to be negative I really can't see us getting promoted this season. Performances and results since the turn of the year have been poor and IMO we don't deserve to go up this season. I can see us making the play off's but if we fail again I think Hurst will be gone and we should be pushing the boat out for Steve Burr or Gary Mills. Mills would be my preference.

Worried that I might be starting to agree with you, I have been positive for a while now but the negativity around GTFC at the minute seems to be looming large and every time we have something that might be a spark (Tonkoura loan, Jennings loan, beating Wrexham etc.) it just doesn't last and within a game or two at best it all seems pretty bad again.  

However as you say no point sacking Hurst now, and whatever us fans on here say we all want the same thing as everyone else involved in the club, to be a league team next season, so think we all need to get behind the team and hope that our form changes sooner rather than later!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 261
27 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FGR v Town Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.