Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FGR v Town Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 83 Guests

FGR v Town Match Thread

This thread currently has 30,843 views. Print
27 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Quagmire
March 20, 2014, 12:59pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
I really don't know how to word this without being banned from here lol, but, the 3 biggest 'everything is fantastic, we're doing great, we'll easily make the play offs, nothing is wrong' posters are GrimRob, BigChris, & barralad.

I'm not insinuating they are wrong to hold these opinions but have they been 'encouraged' to air these views??

We all know Rob got a slapped bottom in the summer and the Trust are effectively in bed with Fenty - have they been given specific instructions to shout down all dissenters?  

And that's a genuine question because at times I can't believe that they can genuinely believe everything they put.

We've been on a shocking run since Christmas and we have pretty consistent problems which despite being highlighted week after week haven't been dealt with ie:

Can't keep a clean sheet
Struggle to score goals
Start games badly/slowly (although if Hurst's pre match talk is similar to his dull and uninspiring post match interviews is there any wonder??!)

These issues aren't going to be solved by everybody on the fishy being positive and only posting positive messages or suddenly becoming happy clappers who find mediocrity acceptable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 261
BIGChris
March 20, 2014, 1:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Well good if they do read them they wil see how drunk off the majority of the fans are.

The good thing about the uk is free speech is encouraged and not everyone agrees with each other. (totally agree)

The sense of the negativity is that most fans can see were this season is heading AGAIN.

That isnt the case with the large cross section of fans who i speak to at games. There are loads of loud voices on a message board but speaking to fans at games, home and away, i get a very different view to many expressed here. Many fans dont come anywhere near the newfishy. That is a fact
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 261
TAGG
March 20, 2014, 1:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,940
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from GrimRob

Totally disagree. I think the unrealistic expectations of us taking the league by storm every season leads to a negative aura and demand for whoever is manager to be sacked after every point dropped.

Did I say "taking the league by storm"???
Over the last few years there has been a time during each season when things start to go mammaries up and and its at these times the people in charge just sit on their hands and do nothing therefore instilling the culture of failure that stinks the club out.
Again a great example is this season. After xmas our league form dropped off a cliff, our strikers cant score and our centre mids are being hammered every game so what do we do?? get a lad in on loan whos been injured for long enough.
The budget should have been ripped up then they should have gone out and bought the two best midfielders in the league and got Connell here with offers they couldn't turn down(it is easy everyone has there price)
Im not sniping at the supposed people "who have a more positive outlook" IMO these people are very easily pleased.  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 261
Tom13
March 20, 2014, 1:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from TAGG

Over the last few years there has been a time during each season when things start to go mammaries up and and its at these times the people in charge just sit on their hands and do nothing therefore instilling the culture of failure that stinks the club out.
Again a great example is this season. After xmas our league form dropped off a cliff, our strikers cant score and our centre mids are being hammered every game so what do we do?? get a lad in on loan whos been injured for long enough.
The budget should have been ripped up then they should have gone out and bought the two best midfielders in the league and got Connell here with offers they couldn't turn down(it is easy everyone has there price)
Im not sniping at the supposed people "who have a more positive outlook" IMO these people are very easily pleased.  

Where's this money going to come from then to pay the wages and transfer fees for such huge signings? And who says they will automatically play well together and fit into the system?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 233 - 261
FishOutOfWater
March 20, 2014, 2:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from TAGG

What would the reaction have been if he'd come here though and had the same sort of effect with Town since January that he's had at Northampton

Maybe he'd have found goals easier to come by here than he has with them but there are no guarantees whatsoever that he'd replicate the form he had in that season he had here with us
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 234 - 261
TAGG
March 20, 2014, 2:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Tom13

Where's this money going to come from then to pay the wages and transfer fees for such huge signings? And who says they will automatically play well together and fit into the system?

Money from? I would suggest the bloke at the top. He got us where we are now so he should put it right.
There is nothing to say any quality additions would "automatically play well" but they would have more chance of doing so than a guy from Scunny reserves who has just come back from injury.
You must have been satisfied with the business we did in January then    

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 261
Tom13
March 20, 2014, 2:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from TAGG

Money from? I would suggest the bloke at the top. He got us where we are now so he should put it right.
There is nothing to say any quality additions would "automatically play well" but they would have more chance of doing so than a guy from Scunny reserves who has just come back from injury.
You must have been satisfied with the business we did in January then    

So you're suggesting Fenty should pay for us to buy Guttridge from Luton who would be far too expensive on his own in wages alone, never mind the subsantial fee we would have to pay to Luton, who wouldn't even want to sell him to a rival in the middle of the season when they'll struggle to replace him? We're not Man City, we haven't got unlimited money and if we just chuck every last bit of money we have at the team now then fail, what do you propose we do for next season? Even if we did get promoted after we chucked everything at it, we would barely have anything left for a season in League 2.

The same bloke who scored 15 goals in this league before Christmas in a mediocre team? Whereas you're suggesting we sign a player who hasn't scored at all since joining Northampton, a player who wouldn't have been match fit either after not having featured much for Bradford all year?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 236 - 261
jonnyboy82
March 20, 2014, 3:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from BIGChris

That isnt the case with the large cross section of fans who i speak to at games. There are loads of loud voices on a message board but speaking to fans at games, home and away, i get a very different view to many expressed here. Many fans dont come anywhere near the newfishy. That is a fact

At the end of the day we all want just a decent season you know just a bit of a high,  not the feel we are going to bottle it again.

I am a season ticket holder in the ponny and only been to 2 away matches but that is enough for me to qualify as a genuine fan of town.

Believe it or not i go to every match optomistic like yeah we are going to put on a performance today but the majority of the time we just dont.

Its the expectation and optomism what kills you, should I expect town to win every game no but I should expect us not to be sitting in 9th in this league were alot of the teams are part time and have no were near our budget.

I get your optomism but to be honest I am just so copulated off that we seem to be blowing a decent chance at the same time of the season again.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 237 - 261
TAGG
March 20, 2014, 5:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Tom13

So you're suggesting Fenty should pay for us to buy Guttridge from Luton who would be far too expensive on his own in wages alone, never mind the subsantial fee we would have to pay to Luton, who wouldn't even want to sell him to a rival in the middle of the season when they'll struggle to replace him? We're not Man City, we haven't got unlimited money and if we just chuck every last bit of money we have at the team now then fail, what do you propose we do for next season? Even if we did get promoted after we chucked everything at it, we would barely have anything left for a season in League 2.

The same bloke who scored 15 goals in this league before Christmas in a mediocre team? Whereas you're suggesting we sign a player who hasn't scored at all since joining Northampton, a player who wouldn't have been match fit either after not having featured much for Bradford all year?

I'm suggesting that something substantial is done not just sitting on their hands.
You just prove my point that too many fans have become used to being losers. I dont blame you Tom its just that we have been used to that sort of losing doom & gloom mentality seeping from the very top over the last few years
Where you satisfied with the business we did in January or do you think as I do that more should have been done????????

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 261
March 20, 2014, 5:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from TAGG

I'm suggesting that something substantial is done not just sitting on their hands.
You just prove my point that too many fans have become used to being losers. I dont blame you Tom its just that we have been used to that sort of losing doom & gloom mentality seeping from the very top over the last few years
Where you satisfied with the business we did in January or do you think as I do that more should have been done????????

If you are so Unsatisfied with the budget given to hurst why don't you set yourself up in business ...... anyone can do that you know....... Choose anything you want to sell..... work hard and earn millions and then plough it all back into the club to watch someone else spend it on the wrong type of player. After that you can then expect someone on a forum to then have a go at you for not spending enough of your hard earned cash.

Reply: 239 - 261
27 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FGR v Town Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.