marinette
March 21, 2014, 2:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from psgmariner

Michael Reddy's stands out a mile in that list! How anyone could not be captivated by his greasy long hair, Irish accent, mazy runs, lightening pace and fantastic ability is beyond me.

The others I am in agreement with. Parky did grow on me though. He was actually OK and always did well when we were on TV. Butt ugly though.

Yep, I know it was crazy, but the Tranmere relegation put me in a very bad mood, and no way was I going to be captivated by some overly-feted, billy big-time, floppy-haired fancy dan with a knee bandage, who fell over whenever anyone came within half a mile of him, and seemed to take an age before he started sticking the ball in the net on a regular basis.  I did soften towards him eventually - the Irish accent did its work, and I also began to acknowledge that Reddy had had a serious injury and you could hardly expect him to be blazing with confidence straightaway.  And then he earned a shedload of brownie points from me, for dragging Ashley Sestanovich away when Stan looked for all the world like he was going to wallop the referee just before he was sent off during his last ever game for us - after that, I forgave Reddy for being a fancy dan and started to quite like him.  I think he really started to show his true worth in his second season with us, though - not the first one.

As for Parky - I took against him because he was a headless chicken from Tranmere... took me a while to get over the Tranmere thing, but I did eventually.

Private Message
Reply: 250 - 261
barralad
March 21, 2014, 3:12pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Well good if they do read them they wil see how drunk off the majority of the fans are.

The good thing about the uk is free speech is encouraged and not everyone agrees with each other.

The sense of the negativity is that most some fans think they can see were this season is heading AGAIN.

Corrected for the sake of accuracy.....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 251 - 261
barralad
March 21, 2014, 3:17pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from TAGG

I dont want my own business.
I work thousands of miles away from my wife and children and work hard enough thanks.
I dont want a football club.
Those who do though should try harder not to take the team plummeting down the leagues.
If they do this then they should take responsibility and get them back in the FOOTBALL LEAGUE whatever the cost.

Jesus....you talk as though the only way to achieve success is by throwing money at the problem. Surely you are not naive enough to believe that money is all that matters? This forum gets more bizarre by the day...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 252 - 261
barralad
March 21, 2014, 3:19pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from TAGG

What I would prefer is to be top of the league or at the very least sitting easy in the play off positions.
It amazes me how little some on here will settle for. There is no way we are as BIGChris says "still on target for promotion"
This willingness to accept failure season after season has been the problem with all involved with the club (from top to bottom) and a lot of fans over the last few years. Of course our position is relevant, its just not good enough.
"Our position is irrelevant really"   

It would appear Les's point went way way over your head. If you are going to quote at least have the decency to put the full quote in.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 253 - 261
Garth
March 21, 2014, 5:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Marinette
[quote=3]I think some people might look at the Town fans who weep and wail and gnash their teeth over every setback and think, ‘Blimey, I wouldn’t want to be in the trenches with that lot.’

That comment makes me mad! most of the so called moaning at every setback that we have is because we care and think, wisely or not that things could improve by making a few obvious changes like playing individuals in their correct position and starting games on the front foot, its the waffy ones among us that although we are still in a challenging position think that every thing in the garden is rosey, regarding the trenches scenerio if the generals in charge had treated the Bosch as a dangerous enemy rather than a bunch of strange people in spiked hats out for a days rabbiting lives would have been saved, moral is if it aint right and its not in your control question and moan and hope someone listens
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 254 - 261
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 21, 2014, 5:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,049
Gold Stars: 191
Anyway, back to the match..............has the 2nd half kicked off yet?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 255 - 261
RoboCod
March 21, 2014, 5:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Anyway, back to the match..............has the 2nd half kicked off yet?

Still waiting for the floodlights....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 256 - 261
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 21, 2014, 6:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,049
Gold Stars: 191
I wondered what the delay was..............

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 257 - 261
marinette
March 21, 2014, 7:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Garth
Marinette
[quote=3]I think some people might look at the Town fans who weep and wail and gnash their teeth over every setback and think, ‘Blimey, I wouldn’t want to be in the trenches with that lot.’

That comment makes me mad! most of the so called moaning at every setback that we have is because we care and think, wisely or not that things could improve by making a few obvious changes like playing individuals in their correct position and starting games on the front foot, its the waffy ones among us that although we are still in a challenging position think that every thing in the garden is rosey, regarding the trenches scenerio if the generals in charge had treated the Bosch as a dangerous enemy rather than a bunch of strange people in spiked hats out for a days rabbiting lives would have been saved, moral is if it aint right and its not in your control question and moan and hope someone listens

Point taken.  No offence intended.

Private Message
Reply: 258 - 261
tonyfordsmicrofro
March 21, 2014, 9:40pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
I've been trying to keep up with this thread over the past few days but not had chance to post but from what I can gather, some are saying that we as fans shouldn't have an opinion on the players or management at the club we support unless it's a positive one on this forum? Am I right in saying that or am I totally off the mark?

I aren't buying all this "get behind the players on a fans forum website balderdash". I much prefer to get behind them when I'm at Blundell Park, I encourage them when they do well at Blundell Park, I often bite my tongue when they don't do well. So for all those tongue biting moments, surely I and others that post on here can be excused for letting off a bit of steam on a FANS (not players) forum?!

I've been to the past few home games and in nutshell,  I thought we were toilet on all occasions. The majority of people who I speak to, who have also been to the very same games say pretty much the same thing and they, like me are certainly not impressed by the football that's currently being doled out and are far from confident that we'll be promoted this season.

Sorry to any players that may be reading this, sorry if your "feelings" might be hurt by saying what I think but as a professional footballer, you should be able to cope with this..... Shouldn't you?...... Surely!

I want them to succeed, of course I do, playoff final minimum for me. I expect them to beat Nuneaton tomorrow........... Convincingly.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 259 - 261
27 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FGR v Town Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.