8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
tanga_the_indestructible
April 18, 2014, 10:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +620
Gold Stars: 5
Why do people keep saying mistakes cost us three points? Did we lose? Have they changed the points system? Am I missing something?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 75
StiggsGTFC
April 18, 2014, 10:02pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +41
Quoted from grimsby pete
How many goals has Thomas given away this season with own goals and silly mistakes like today, ?

He could not have placed that ball better if he was playing for them,

If you can not clear the ball the last thing you do is put it across your own penalty area.

I hope he moves on in the summer.

You have to joking. One of the best footballers in the division, with the right coaching and belief could be a superb attacking full back at a level above where we are at.

Has the ability , needs the right coaching and development.

Yes he made a mistake but where was the shout from the keeper.....he was just as much, if not more at fault.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 75
Alfie
April 18, 2014, 10:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from StiggsGTFC

You have to joking. One of the best footballers in the division, with the right coaching and belief could be a superb attacking full back at a level above where we are at.

Yes he made a mistake but where was the shout from the keeper.....he was just as much, if not more at fault.

WHS - another daft post from GrimsbyPete.

I'd point the finger just as much at Macca or Kerr for not showing the onus to kick Aswad and the ball into touch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 75
louth_in_the_south
April 18, 2014, 10:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Alfie

WHS - another daft post from GrimsbyPete.

I'd point the finger just as much at Macca or Kerr for not showing the onus to kick Aswad and the ball into touch.

Bollox ^ the reason he's at this level is he loses his head at vital moments and costs his team results . That's why he got bombed out at charlton and there's no amount of coaching that can fix that fact . Sorry harsh but true .

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 75
Teesknees
April 18, 2014, 10:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Why do people keep saying mistakes cost us three points? Did we lose? Have they changed the points system? Am I missing something?

As we drew it should only cost us two points anyway!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 75
StiggsGTFC
April 18, 2014, 10:20pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Bollox ^ the reason he's at this level is he loses his head at vital moments and costs his team results . That's why he got bombed out at charlton and there's no amount of coaching that can fix that fact . Sorry harsh but true .

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Coaching and development is not just about ability but also about mental attitude, and the individual can be be developed in both areas. Just ask the British cyclist team.....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 75
louth_in_the_south
April 18, 2014, 10:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 96
Oh I stand corrected I should've remembered the British cycling team

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 75
BIGChris
April 18, 2014, 10:28pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from StiggsGTFC

I wonder were we can find a coach who used to be a left back with say 15 yrs league experience?

Private Message
Reply: 37 - 75
Fcukthescunts
April 18, 2014, 10:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Just made it back to Preston. Firstly great support today from the travelling Army! Thought defence was poor today at crucial times, I have only seen town 6 times this season but not been impressed with Thomas any time I I was a massive fan of his last season. Good to see Hannah get some goals.
Hope the great support continues and drags the performances back to the Scunthorpe/ Huddersfield games earlier in season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 75
StiggsGTFC
April 18, 2014, 10:41pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Oh I stand corrected I should've remembered the British cycling team

So we are too insular to learn from other sports and individual development techniques are we?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.