BIGChris
April 19, 2014, 6:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from wigworld
I don't often disagree with you, Pete, but I have to make an exception this time. I know he has been a liability at times, but he's created a few goals as well. And who did we have before Thomas? Lee Ridley, wasn't it? I'll stick with Thomas.

The alternative at present is Fyfield.

Thomas tends to flit between a run of good performances and then becomes error prone. He started the season shakily, then after Goodhall went back to Fleetwood Assy came back very well, he had another dip when he seemed to score own goals or conceded penalties and was replaced by Fyfield. When he got his place back he had been excellent, both defensively and as a crucial part of our team going forward.

I certainly don't think he should take the sole blame for their 3rd goal yesterday. Communication seemed sadly lacking. He clearly felt he HAD to try and get his head to the ball as he would have assumed a Alfreton striker was behind him
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 75
StiggsGTFC
April 19, 2014, 6:39pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +41
Quoted from grimsby pete

I agree he has a lot of good points,

BUT

His silly mistakes out weights them imo,

Every body are entitled to have an opinion though, it does not make it daft or wrong, ( Alfie )

Certainly doesn't make it daft.....as you say everyone has different opinions, its what makes football so fascinating....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 75
chaos33
April 19, 2014, 7:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,959
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from BIGChris

Thomas tends to flit between a run of good performances and then becomes error prone. He started the season shakily, then after Goodhall went back to Fleetwood Assy came back very well, he had another dip when he seemed to score own goals or conceded penalties and was replaced by Fyfield. When he got his place back he had been excellent, both defensively and as a crucial part of our team going forward.

I certainly don't think he should take the sole blame for their 3rd goal yesterday. Communication seemed sadly lacking. He clearly felt he HAD to try and get his head to the ball as he would have assumed a Alfreton striker was behind him

I think that's spot on BC

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 75
rancido
April 19, 2014, 7:21pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,604
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from BIGChris

I certainly think that McKeown should be more vocal and commanding in the 6 yard box. This is the only area that lets him down and if he was more " aggresive " in this area he would be a great keeper.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 75
chicaneuk
April 19, 2014, 8:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
Was a mostly enjoyable game despite the disappointment of going ahead THREE TIMES and only walking away with a point. The mystery of this club is that at times they can put on mountains of pressure and play brilliantly, and then within minutes have just switched off almost inviting the opposition into the town half. It's baffling.

Town did play some poor football, but my overriding feeling was one of positivity - there was some great play, and I feel that we did deserve to win it.

I thought Scott Neilson was fantastic. Definitely my MOM - though it feels difficult to say that given that Hannah is on the scoresheet as taking the hat-trick? Neilson had some moments of brilliance and sheer determination that I don't think I've really seen from anyone in the town lineup in quite some time - it was very refreshing.

Quoted from wigworld
I don't often disagree with you, Pete, but I have to make an exception this time. I know he has been a liability at times, but he's created a few goals as well. And who did we have before Thomas? Lee Ridley, wasn't it? I'll stick with Thomas.

It's a tough one with Aswad. Sometimes he's rock solid and makes some great play, and great challenges - he was right in there quite a few times, crossing in the ball, etc on Friday - yet sometimes might as well not be on the pitch and just seems really out of sorts. If he could just get a bit more consistent he'd be an indispensable player I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 75
thevera
April 19, 2014, 9:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from grimsby pete
Another daft post from Alfie , who thinks he knows everthing,

Miler is a Bury St Edmunds lad and he was offered a great deal to come home,

I only hope he made the wrong decision playing wise and we go up and not Cambridge,

As far as Thomas goes, I said how many goals has he cost us this season ?

It must be 5 or 6 , I repeat I hope he moves on.

He is too good a player to move on from the standard we are currently at. Can't remember the game but two or three home games ago I thought he was superb as an attacking option unfortunately no one was getting on the end of some super crosses.
As for yesterday it looked on the face of it a terrible piece of defending to head it back across goal like that. However he was heading back to his position after the corner when the ball came straight back in, he was obviously unaware who was behind him, as it was it was Kerr who was coming out from covering the post, Kerr should have let Thomas know he was ok to leave it and it would have gone harmlessly out of play or to Macca. Having said all that who knows if Kerr said that and Assy chose to ignore it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 75
brad_gtfc
April 19, 2014, 9:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Quoted from nightrider
Ffs andy cook was only on the field 10mins and people still want to pick fault.
We scored 3 goals, none of which were scored by the saviour ljl and everyone thinks were barcalona. One was from the spot, one was offside and the other was only scored due to a shocking once in a career mistake by their goalkeeper.

Andy Cook scored more goals than ljl last season despite taking a while to get going in what was his first season full time.
The strikeforce he was in scored more goals than ljl and co
The team itself scored more goals
We should be better than last season if anything
'He holds it up better' 'he brings others into play' 'he's good for the team'  

We might as well sign 10 american football players and join the nfl next season

Good god your an idiot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 75
Alfie
April 19, 2014, 10:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Anyone who is doubting Aswad's potential genuinely needs their noggin' looking at.

It's very easy to blame him for the third goal yesterday but the finger should just as easily be pointed at Kerr and McKeown.

He's made a couple of high-profile mistakes this season that have cost us goals (probably no more than Macca tbf) but was part of a rock solid defence last season, has proven to be adept defensively this season but is absolutely sensational going forward as a full back. We genuinely look a different side with him in the team.

Expect him to move on to pastures new at the end of the season but wouldn't be shocked to see him turn up at one of the London-based Football League clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 75
grimsby pete
April 19, 2014, 11:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Alfie
Anyone who is doubting Aswad's potential genuinely needs their noggin' looking at.

It's very easy to blame him for the third goal yesterday but the finger should just as easily be pointed at Kerr and McKeown.

He's made a couple of high-profile mistakes this season that have cost us goals (probably no more than Macca tbf) but was part of a rock solid defence last season, has proven to be adept defensively this season but is absolutely sensational going forward as a full back. We genuinely look a different side with him in the team.

Expect him to move on to pastures new at the end of the season but wouldn't be shocked to see him turn up at one of the London-based Football League clubs.

I think it is you who noggin needs looking at Alfie,

You have an opinion and anybody who disagrees with it are just plain daft,

We all have opinions but who apart from you is to say who is right.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 75
marinette
April 20, 2014, 7:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Didn't get to see the game, either live or on TV, but surprised by my brother (who is a rugby fan).  He said he recorded it, watched it and enjoyed it.  Even more surprised by my sister in law, who also enjoyed it.  They both said Town should have won - that Town were by far the better side.  And also that it was good to see players getting straight back up after they'd been clattered.  (I suppose with Bradley Wood, Darran Kempson and Shaun P on the pitch, that's what you're going to get.)

Private Message
Reply: 69 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.