8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
stuart brace was king
April 19, 2014, 7:38am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +145
Quoted from moosey_club

Did you see LJL win the ball back to instigate the first goal and put in on a plate for Hannah for his second?
LJL earnt his wages today.

Agree regarding the second goal... As per my previous post on this thread.
"... And made the second goal today."

As far as the first, my eyes struggle to see at the opposite end of the pitch.  You're lucky to have perfect vision.... Or did you watch on TV?

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 75
chaos33
April 19, 2014, 8:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,955
Gold Stars: 360
Oh man, this really was a game we should have won. Poor decisions from players and the officials have cost us 3 points we really needed. I SO hope we don't end up regretting that because we were much improved going forward. Tend to agree with Ginny that we are making much harder work of getting into the play offs than we should be doing. Got very mixed feelings this morning.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 75
Badger57
April 19, 2014, 9:26am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,914
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from brad_gtfc
Cracking atmosphere from the town fans, and the best attacking performance I've seen for a long time from us, just stupid silly mistakes at the back have cost us the game.

Thought Macca was poor today, and silly mistakes from Pearson and Thomas have cost us really.
Pleased to see Thanoj on the pitch, a very calming influence and always looking to get the ball down.
Hannah was back to his old self and hardly ever offside for a change, should've won the game for us though late on I thought.
Thought Lenny made the ball stick up top, but his distribution after that he'd got hold of it left alot to be desired.
How Kempson stayed on the pitch I'll never know.

Well done to all the travelling town fans.

To be fair, there was a suspicion that Hannah was offside for the first and definitely offside for his second. Another day he'd have had one goal but pleased for him anyway. Thanoj is the future (if he stays) Much more potent than Disley although he really should have put away that chance in the first half. World class save from LJL header! Very enjoyable game and a fair result overall.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 75
nightrider
April 19, 2014, 11:09am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Ffs andy cook was only on the field 10mins and people still want to pick fault.
We scored 3 goals, none of which were scored by the saviour ljl and everyone thinks were barcalona. One was from the spot, one was offside and the other was only scored due to a shocking once in a career mistake by their goalkeeper.

Andy Cook scored more goals than ljl last season despite taking a while to get going in what was his first season full time.
The strikeforce he was in scored more goals than ljl and co
The team itself scored more goals
We should be better than last season if anything
'He holds it up better' 'he brings others into play' 'he's good for the team'  

We might as well sign 10 american football players and join the nfl next season

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 75
rancido
April 19, 2014, 4:53pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,604
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Alfie
A very decent attacking performance - the best we've looked going forward for bloody ages.

Hannah looked like the player we all fell in love with during his loan spell. Probably the best that LJL/Hannah combo has played all season.

It was also an exceptionally shoddy defensive display. All three goals looked preventable. We haven't looked the same defensively since we 'released' Miller and even now - with two games to go - it still looks like an unforgivable decision. Crackers.Don't think any of the back-five have come out of today with any credit. Just don't look composed or steady at the back. Even for the last goal, McKeown should be busting his lungs to shout for that ball and clatter Thomas. Shambles.

All things considered with the embarrassing delay to the game, a point isn't horrendous in the grand scheme of things but the game was there for the taking. So many snatched-at chances when we were leading to go on and extend our lead.

I'd have a serious look at Akinde in the summer.

How did Kempson stay on the field?

Hats off to the 1200-1400 Grimsby Town fans who made the journey - an absolute credit to the club today. Sensational support.

Think we'll stumble into the play-offs with one of Gateshead or Braintree dropping points on Monday and after that it's a complete lottery but if we don't make it, we only have ourselves to blame.

Miller didn't want to stay and his contract was up.His wife hated the area and he went with her wishes. This has been mentioned many times on here but some fans still seem to think we got rid of him! Totally untrue - he wanted away , end of story.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 75
ginnywings
April 19, 2014, 5:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from rancido

Miller didn't want to stay and his contract was up.His wife hated the area and he went with her wishes. This has been mentioned many times on here but some fans still seem to think we got rid of him! Totally untrue - he wanted away , end of story.

Not end of story..................

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....77-detail/story.html
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 75
BIGChris
April 19, 2014, 5:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from rancido

Not sure about his wife's involvement but he had been offered a contract on more money, housing allowance and with an offer to coach at Cambridge. This was a long time before the end of last season. This was disclosed to GTFC. That package was higher than S&H wanted to pay ( they didn't want to upset others with the housing allowance thing) and therefore he wasn't offered new terms as it was felt pointless because we didn't want to match the deal he had at Cambridge
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 75
grimsby pete
April 19, 2014, 6:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Another daft post from Alfie , who thinks he knows everthing,

Miler is a Bury St Edmunds lad and he was offered a great deal to come home,

I only hope he made the wrong decision playing wise and we go up and not Cambridge,

As far as Thomas goes, I said how many goals has he cost us this season ?

It must be 5 or 6 , I repeat I hope he moves on.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 75
wigworld
April 19, 2014, 6:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I don't often disagree with you, Pete, but I have to make an exception this time. I know he has been a liability at times, but he's created a few goals as well. And who did we have before Thomas? Lee Ridley, wasn't it? I'll stick with Thomas.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 58 - 75
grimsby pete
April 19, 2014, 6:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from wigworld
I don't often disagree with you, Pete, but I have to make an exception this time. I know he has been a liability at times, but he's created a few goals as well. And who did we have before Thomas? Lee Ridley, wasn't it? I'll stick with Thomas.

I agree he has a lot of good points,

BUT

His silly mistakes out weights them imo,

Every body are entitled to have an opinion though, it does not make it daft or wrong, ( Alfie )

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.