Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lennel John-Lewis.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 155 Guests

Lennel John-Lewis.

This thread currently has 13,839 views. Print
14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
August 19, 2014, 9:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,565
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from TAGG

How strange. In the pub after the mighty Dover game my mate said "what's the betting LJL comes up with a mystery injury in the next game because PH not got the bottle to admit he's excrement and lose face by dropping him"

If you actually read the article, it says that LJL has been playing with a stomach complaint because we didn't have any other options. In the article Hurst says that they hope to resolve the problem this week so he is fully fit and available for selection for the weekend.

I'd hope that Hurst wasn't weak enough that he needed to make up some sort of a smokescreen for dropping a player, especially one who has carried our only threat this season - (though his finishing could have been better on one or two occasions).

For a tough away game, I don't think any of our other striking options can offer as much to the team as LJL, other than perhaps Pittman who has the strength lacking in the other forwards. However, I wouldn't want to gamble on Pittman's fitness as the last time he played 90 minutes was over a year ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 133
headingly_mariner
August 19, 2014, 9:58am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,377
Gold Stars: 120
i think Lenny will start, not sure quite how fit pittman is and whether he will last 90 minutes so i imagine we will see a combination of the three of them over the 90 minutes at the weekend. I liked the look of pittman and Lenny playing together but i think that Pittman is the only striker we have who is physical enough to play without Lenny and partner someone else which will be a good option.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 133
August 19, 2014, 10:00am
Guest User
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Anyone think I'm totally nuts?  What about LJL in a 5 man midfield alongside Disley and Brown?

I suggested this towards the end of last season (LJL as the new Mike Hickman) but people on here
told me I was totally nuts. Welcome to the madhouse!
Reply: 112 - 133
The_Laughing_Mariner
August 19, 2014, 12:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
LJL is the only player who constantly has chances to score, he will get some soon. Connel has worried the residents of Park St and Manchester St more than the opposition goal.
BTW no-one has mentioned LJL's bambi moment went put almost clean through.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 133
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 19, 2014, 12:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Maringer

If you actually read the article, it says that LJL has been playing with a stomach complaint because we didn't have any other options. In the article Hurst says that they hope to resolve the problem this week so he is fully fit and available for selection for the weekend.

I'd hope that Hurst wasn't weak enough that he needed to make up some sort of a smokescreen for dropping a player, especially one who has carried our only threat this season - (though his finishing could have been better on one or two occasions).

Of course hurst had other options! I'd call it getting a loan player in

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 133
lew chaterleys lover
August 19, 2014, 12:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,732
Gold Stars: 237
LJL is the only player who constantly has chances to score, he will get some soon. Connel has worried the residents of Park St and Manchester St more than the opposition goal.
BTW no-one has mentioned LJL's bambi moment went put almost clean through.

He will obviously get the odd one or two goals, being a centre forward and all that.

But he wont get anywhere enough get us promotion, and surely that is the whole point?
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 133
cleethorpes_mariner
August 19, 2014, 12:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313

He will obviously get the odd one or two goals, being a centre forward and all that.

But he wont get anywhere enough get us promotion, and surely that is the whole point?

Is this not why we have 4 strikers, why should all the responsibility and blame for lack of goals fall to him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 133
pontoonlew
August 19, 2014, 12:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,042
Gold Stars: 178

Is this not why we have 4 strikers, why should all the responsibility and blame for lack of goals fall to him.

Because he's the only one who doesn't get dropped?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 133
lew chaterleys lover
August 19, 2014, 1:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,732
Gold Stars: 237

Well only because he is the current first choice centre forward.

Nothing personal against him, I wish and hope he could score 30 goals a season but weve seen enough of him now to know that isn't going to happen.

If we were scoring shedloads and he was making a lot then I would say fair enough. I just don't think we can afford a non scoring centre forward but I also admit we are making so few chances it is difficult for all our strikers, but he is the worst finisher unfortunately.  
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 133
Grimal
August 19, 2014, 1:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from 120797
Don't worry oldun...

If the fishy player ratings have him top (least when I looked !) , he must have had a stinker.  

He would have had a higher rating if arryarryarry hadn't given him a big fat zero.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 133
14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lennel John-Lewis.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.