Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lennel John-Lewis.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 127 Guests

Lennel John-Lewis.

This thread currently has 13,842 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 18, 2014, 9:57am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

He can d a lot if the supply is not there.
As for LJL, if we had a decent option I'm not sure he'd be starting, we don't, so he does. We must fix these two issues if we are to go up, it looks like we have the players in the squad to do so if fit/not suspended. Three games is not enough to be screaming and shouting, however bad we've been, and in the two games I've seen, we've not been too bad apart from the final third, where due to aforesaid injuries and suspensions, we have not had nearly our first eleven out there. This is not LJLs fault, nor is it Hursts.

Beg to differ. My impression is that if we signed Messi and Ronaldo they would have to alternate for the one spare place alongside LJL.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 133
pontoonlew
August 18, 2014, 9:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,043
Gold Stars: 178

He can d a lot if the supply is not there.
As for LJL, if we had a decent option I'm not sure he'd be starting, we don't, so he does. We must fix these two issues if we are to go up, it looks like we have the players in the squad to do so if fit/not suspended. Three games is not enough to be screaming and shouting, however bad we've been, and in the two games I've seen, we've not been too bad apart from the final third, where due to aforesaid injuries and suspensions, we have not had nearly our first eleven out there. This is not LJLs fault, nor is it Hursts.

I'm not sure I agree LJL would be dropped even if we had other options.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 133
Theimperialcoroner
August 18, 2014, 10:20am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,212
Gold Stars: 102
I'd actually play LJL on Saturday as I think he is more suited to away games against tougher oppos. He has though got to be on the bench on Monday, otherwise we will be in the same position as last season, where Hurst simply has to stand by both the player and his decision to play him or else he'd look weak and lie he's pandering to the crowd. This stance though could cost him his job, much as it did with AB standing by that shitbag Butler.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 133
MuddyWaters
August 18, 2014, 10:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,266
Gold Stars: 236
I'd actually play LJL on Saturday as I think he is more suited to away games against tougher oppos. He has though got to be on the bench on Monday, otherwise we will be in the same position as last season, where Hurst simply has to stand by both the player and his decision to play him or else he'd look weak and lie he's pandering to the crowd. This stance though could cost him his job, much as it did with AB standing by that shitbag Butler.

Understand your point - not sure I agree. We desperately need to be more prolific otherwise we will not get out of this league and for me LJL is taking the place and the wages of someone who would hopefully be better than a goal every 8 games.
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 133
Maringer
August 18, 2014, 11:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,565
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from MuddyWaters

LJL is taking the place and the wages of someone who would hopefully be better than a goal every 8 games.

Not in the first 3 games. We didn't have any other strikers fit enough to play, so LJL had to play.

Now Pittman is back, there is another option but, of our 3 fit strikers, you'd have to say drop Connell for the next game as he's not looked anything like scoring as yet. At least LJL is getting into shooting positions and is forcing some saves from the opposition keepers.

Hopefully, Hannah will be back for next week, but I'd still expect to see LJL start in a tough away game for his workrate and presence alone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 133
ginnywings
August 18, 2014, 11:23am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,148
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Maringer

Not in the first 3 games. We didn't have any other strikers fit enough to play, so LJL had to play.

Now Pittman is back, there is another option but, of our 3 fit strikers, you'd have to say drop Connell for the next game as he's not looked anything like scoring as yet. At least LJL is getting into shooting positions and is forcing some saves from the opposition keepers.

Hopefully, Hannah will be back for next week, but I'd still expect to see LJL start in a tough away game for his workrate and presence alone.

We agree on something. Our away record last year was very good and i think LJL was a big part of that. He is ideal for tough away fixtures but not so good when the onus is on us to attack at home against packed defences.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 133
Garth
August 18, 2014, 11:35am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from ginnywings

We agree on something. Our away record last year was very good and i think LJL was a big part of that. He is ideal for tough away fixtures but not so good when the onus is on us to attack at home against packed defences.

Agreed LJL is ideal for the Gateshead game, who will play alongside him though, unless Hurst goes one up top for a draw, which in these circumstances would have to be OK, IMO a respectable result is necessary to relieve pressure on him and he will see it that way and set up accordingly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 133
Nelly GTFC
August 18, 2014, 3:41pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,754
Gold Stars: 31
Anyone think I'm totally nuts?  What about LJL in a 5 man midfield alongside Disley and Brown?

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 133
Biccys
August 18, 2014, 3:44pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Yeah, mad as a fish.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 88 - 133
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 18, 2014, 3:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Box of frogs

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 133
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lennel John-Lewis.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.