This thread currently has 16,043 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
April 26, 2016, 7:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Wonder if that Rupert Murdoch owned scum rag The Sun will now print an apology to the fans living and dead and the people of Liverpool I very much doubt it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 88
Teestogreen
April 26, 2016, 8:01pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -152
Gold Stars: 23
'In English football, most stadiums had steel fencing between the spectators and the playing field in order to prevent friendly and hostile pitch invasions. The crush occurred in pens in the Leppings Lane stand, allocated to Liverpool fans.' - from Wikipedia.

Has anyone found out who instructed the installation of these fences - who designed these fences - who approved the design of these fences - who implemented their installation? Do they still have them and if they don't - why not?

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 88
Grim74
April 26, 2016, 7:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Wonder if that Rupert Murdoch owned scum rag The Sun will now print an apology to the fans living and dead and the people of Liverpool I very much doubt it.

I think the sun printed a full apology in a full editorial devoted to the tragedy.
I think we all agree they headlines they printed originally were sick, and I'm not defending the Sun for printing them, but it was the Actual police who fed them the bullshit now if you can't believe the seekers of truth and justice who can you believe.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 88
Eastendmariner
April 26, 2016, 8:16pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 22
I totally
Agree with your point I have no proof but did the Goverment did have the files etc. Andy Burnham released them after the Anfield crowd became vocal
But it certainly isn't ridiculous. Not to blame Thatcher and the Goverment for not making a real sustained effort to uncovering the Truth that's my point  The people in power just push it to one side as usual  

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 88
April 26, 2016, 8:24pm
Guest User
Had to post on here.

This was the culmination of a decade long war against the working class. Of course Thatcher was in on it. She made the police her fûcking paratroopers. And they loved it as much as she did.

Those heads that are left must roll, and a similar inquiry into Orgreave please.
Reply: 24 - 88
Eastendmariner
April 26, 2016, 8:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Yep your right I have no facts to back my argument.I blame Thatcher for not getting to the truth that's my point.Surely when investigated police statements that had been altered would highlight major conflicting views on events even some one with basic common sense it would raise alarm bells.Are y telling me these statements would not be available at local or ministerial level. May be if Andy Burnham had been around in 1990 some of those responsible would be in jail now  and not just a shallow apoligy

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 88
Grim74
April 26, 2016, 8:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Eastendmariner
I totally
Agree with your point I have no proof but did the Goverment did have the files etc. Andy Burnham released them after the Anfield crowd became vocal
But it certainly isn't ridiculous. Not to blame Thatcher and the Goverment for not making a real sustained effort to uncovering the Truth that's my point  The people in power just push it to one side as usual  

You could say that about successive Goverments though even Tony Blair rejected an Hillsborough inquiry according to Andy Burnham.
I'm no Tory boy but let's have some balance on here if we are going down the conspiracy road, I get what you are saying about the files and the truth etc, but the fact remains South Yorkshire police where wholly responsible.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 88
friskneymariner
April 26, 2016, 8:38pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38

There was no establishment cover up, just a bunch of incompetent police telling lies to try and get out of the crap and digging a deeper hole every time they opened their mouths.

Whatever court cases, inquests and inquiries are held I doubt we will ever know the total truth of everything that happened that day.

Disagree the Thatcher Government were only too happy to scapegoat the people of Liverpool along with their mouthpiece the Sun.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 88
Eastendmariner
April 26, 2016, 8:51pm
Season Ticket Holder
Yes the police were to blame it's what happened afterwards that's unacceptable blood samples the media lies police statements altered not taking into account it might be some else's fault apart from the fans and the years of not listening to the relatives of the 96

Does this sound familiar the great British  Electorate

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 88
GrimRob
April 26, 2016, 8:58pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Hillsborough was a disaster waiting to happen and BP ended up being made all seater as a result because we happened to be in the second tier at the time of the Taylor report (I am sure it would still have large standing areas otherwise, not least the Ponny). Have we learned anything today? I don't really find that different about the whole tragedy than I did yesterday.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hillsborough

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.