Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 18 Guests

New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith

This thread currently has 47,705 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Boris Johnson
December 13, 2020, 11:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
This isnt going to end well, but Im going to wait for whatever the official statement says rather than take the word of a pub act and his media puppet, before drawing conclusions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 367
aldi_01
December 13, 2020, 11:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think that’s the key issue. As a club we are woeful at PR as it is, we are languishing at essentially the lowest point of the football league and are once again staring a relegation battle in the face.

We were public about furloughing every man and his dog and offering food contracts which clearly impacted our recruitment, leaving us with players with questionable talent.

We openly slagged off a bloke who was genuinely interested in purchasing the club and along the way we’ve done similar to other folk.

This just pours more fuel on the fire. Mr May could be completely innocent and a reformed character but, and it’s a big but, the press it brings is not helpful and it still leaves the question as to why we are involved with someone like him. What is in it for him? Even if he’s merely an enabler as someone pointed out or an adviser (you’d have to question someone who employed a convicted fraudster as a financial adviser) it still sets alarm bells ringing.

The fact we have found out would suggest someone within the club isn’t happy with it and the Trust have seemingly been kept in the dark, well beyond any confidentiality agreements.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 367
Boris Johnson
December 13, 2020, 11:39am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
Mr Day said the other week we are very near the salary cap.

Then the other last week said money is no object Ollie can have the funds required in the transfer window.

I wondered at the time How.?

Now I know !!!!

OK, please let on, because Im none the wiser.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 367
IlkleyMariner
December 13, 2020, 11:39am
Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
I have no inside knowledge about what’s going on here, but from the scraps of info and opinions leaking out, can’t see any evidence that Mr May is investing in GTFC, but he does have an interest in a property company along with Mr Fenty.

Think we need a bit more clarity before everyone gets into a rage about all of this, however shady Mr May is or is not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 367
aldi_01
December 13, 2020, 11:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
I have no inside knowledge about what’s going on here, but from the scraps of info and opinions leaking out, can’t see any evidence that Mr May is investing in GTFC, but he does have an interest in a property company along with Mr Fenty.

Think we need a bit more clarity before everyone gets into a rage about all of this, however shady Mr May is or is not.

As some have pointed out, if we’re honest, this could have worse implications for Fenty’s political career rather than GTFC. Either way, it can’t be helpful.

If the bloke is or isn’t investing or becoming part of something at BP then why should he get a pass to enter the ground. There’s people much higher up the list than him that should get one...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 367
pizzzza
December 13, 2020, 11:42am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Not sure about Philip MAY and Alex DAY, but this club has been sending out distress signals for years....
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 367
Boris Johnson
December 13, 2020, 11:44am
Table Wine Drinker

Perish the thought that anyone would want to take a step back, draw breath, wait for the official statement, and then draw their own conclusions, before passing sentence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 367
Northbank Mariner
December 13, 2020, 11:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Ipswin
IF any deal, of any type, is done with these thieving charlatan illegitimates (and I cannot believe that Fenty, however bad it looks, will place any part of Grimsby Town's future in the hands of these people) I think Holloway, who is a man of honesty and principle (even if a trifle eccentric) will be the first out of the door followed by 3000 fans , I certainly hope so

Unfortunately swin it now been proved JSF is in bed with May, the man has no principles when it comes to money, I can see Holloway packing his bags and heading back down South, this time Fenty has gone too far and truly ruined the club ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 367
Boris Johnson
December 13, 2020, 11:59am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Unfortunately swin it now been proved JSF is in bed with May, the man has no principles when it comes to money, I can see Holloway packing his bags and heading back down South, this time Fenty has gone too far and truly ruined the club ..

Indeed there appears to be evidence of a business arrangement twixt Mr Fenty and Mr May, but i cannot see anything as yet that links this arrangement to the club in a financial sense. That may still come out, but until then I will wait and see, and then draw conclusions based on that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 367
pontoonlew
December 13, 2020, 12:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181

Regardless of anything, the fact remains that the club invited a convicted fraudster to 4 games as a guest of the club. Even if the guy doesn’t invest and is never seen again, the very fact we welcomed him with open arms is an absolute disgrace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 367
37 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.