Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 34 Guests

New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith

This thread currently has 47,645 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
December 13, 2020, 12:23pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Ipswin

They probably were at the beginning, these are bad illegitimates right from the start and the board of GTFC knows it, There is no way John Fenty, who loves our club whatever anyone thinks, is going to let this bunch of twits get their hands on it anyway.

I've been away for a while Swin and either you've changed of I've forgotten just how sarcastic you can be.

Can't really compare Karl Oyston to Fenty because according to Holloway, Oyston was clever and brilliant at doing deals.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 367
wuffing
December 13, 2020, 12:27pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +851
Gold Stars: 40
OH DEAR. WATCH OUT GRANNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 367
Ipswin
December 13, 2020, 12:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

I've been away for a while Swin and either you've changed of I've forgotten just how sarcastic you can be.

Can't really compare Karl Oyston to Fenty because according to Holloway, Oyston was clever and brilliant at doing deals.

Hi mate Where have you been? Firstly I'm not being sarcastic about Fenty I believe despite lots of people doubting it and costantly slagging him off that he loves our club and will never sell it to a bunch of villans, con men and ex-convicts

Secondly Fenty is probably just as clever and brilliant at doing deals. How else did he con (sorry persuade) Holloway to come to a run down going nowhere lower Div 4 club?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 367
ska face
December 13, 2020, 12:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 367
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
December 13, 2020, 12:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Ipswin

Hi mate Where have you been? Firstly I'm not being sarcastic about Fenty I believe despite lots of people doubting it and costantly slagging him off that he loves our club and will never sell it to a bunch of villans, con men and ex-convicts

Secondly Fenty is probably just as clever and brilliant at doing deals. How else did he con (sorry persuade) Holloway to come to a run down going nowhere lower Div 4 club?

Maybe Holloway is just too gullible.

I took a bit of time out from the club, well football in general. I'm just trying to re-connect only to find nothing much nas changed.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 367
Eastendmariner
December 13, 2020, 12:41pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
q from Hargrid
Fenty has refused to comment on any of it. Telegraph just posted

if this is correct In my opinion may is connected to the club

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 367
Swansea_Mariner
December 13, 2020, 12:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,474
Gold Stars: 63
If he had no connection surely it would be easy enough to say just that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 367
TAGG
December 13, 2020, 12:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Ipswin

So what your saying is that the board sneaked him in the ground and Fenty didn't know??
Safe to say Fenty knows he's in BP and he knows the blokes background.
Of all the disasters he has brought to this club this one could finish us.

Nevermind though if JF gets his benign loans back jobs a good en.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 367
ginnywings
December 13, 2020, 12:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
If he had no connection surely it would be easy enough to say just that

He can't say that though. They are listed as joint directors of the same company.

Nothing legally wrong with that, but morally....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 367
Ipswin
December 13, 2020, 12:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

Maybe Holloway is just too gullible.

Well he certainly is in the transfer market

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 367
37 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.