Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 22 Guests

New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith

This thread currently has 47,701 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
December 13, 2020, 1:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180

The only concession I would make here is that we do at least know about this and about him. How much did we really know about the “investors” in the Parkway debacle or the backers of Shutes’ bids??

I am struggling with the logic of this when we only know because of a leak and what we know is that he is a convicted career fraudster. Sounds like better the devil you don't to me.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 367
Zmariner
December 13, 2020, 1:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
Who would have thought that a Tory would align himself with crooks and thieves to further his own interests?

JF is not a fan, never has been, never will be, it's all about the ££££ and nothing else.

1. Politicians of all sides not covered themselves in any glory and so take off your blinkers
2. JF is a fan, always has been, always will and so get your facts right

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 367
grimsby pete
December 13, 2020, 1:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
As some one previously mentioned if he was not there on business what was he doing there ?

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 367
KingstonMariner
December 13, 2020, 1:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Yes it’s not like he’s the mayor of a big city is it?

But if JF gets involved with someone as suspect as this he is asking for trouble. I always thought JF was a canny bloke in business but this does not look good for him. Even the argument that May’s money is as good as anyone’s wouldn’t convince me to let this con merchant near the club.

The only concession I would make here is that we do at least know about this and about him. How much did we really know about the “investors” in the Parkway debacle or the backers of Shutes’ bids??

I do wonder how the story broke in the first place. Someone must have recognized him and grabbed a phone picture I suppose.

If you follow that logic through, it’s like saying we don’t trust Shutes’ team because we don’t know they have a convicted fraudster on board.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 367
Boris Johnson
December 13, 2020, 1:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Then why is May even in the ground when a match is on? It stinks.

Don’t know... maybe something to do with Mr Fenty’s business arrangements with Mr May... or as we may find out at the invite of the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 367
Eastendmariner
December 13, 2020, 1:52pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
Hopefully we will soon find out what is going on and his involvement with our club. TBH I really because of his form he wasn't involved at all. Not trust worthy

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 367
KingstonMariner
December 13, 2020, 1:57pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Boris Johnson

Don’t know... maybe something to do with Mr Fenty’s business arrangements with Mr May... or as we may find out at the invite of the club.

It’s a breach of the regulations if he isn’t a club official. So either the club has broken the law or it has a convicted fraudster in a position of responsibility. Either way heads should roll.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 367
denni266
December 13, 2020, 2:00pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
If this con man was not there on buisseness he should not be in the ground at all ,and i dont class watching a game as working end off.. And its a kick in the teeth for all the fans that cannot go and watch from the club. . and it shows me that fenty would sell us down the river
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 367
Supersixty
December 13, 2020, 2:19pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +33
The club invites lots of people to games home and away, directors guests they call them, freeloading on the prawn sarnies, couple of them post on here, mostly the inner circle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 367
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 13, 2020, 2:33pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from KingstonMariner

If you follow that logic through, it’s like saying we don’t trust Shutes’ team because we don’t know they have a convicted fraudster on board.

Well actually I think there is some truth in that Kingston. The fly by night developers who get involved in football stadia building are not easy to research properly without some experience, which we as fans do not often possess.

If somebody is coming into BP in some capacity I would like to see it all open and above board beforehand.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 367
37 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New Prospective Owner:According to Lloyd Griffith

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.