Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not good enough.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 248 Guests

Not good enough.

This thread currently has 16,676 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
April 12, 2014, 9:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
All eleven players today worked their socks off for a deserved win which could have been by four goals had the chances offered been taken, I thought Paddy was my MOM considering he was playing out of position.
Looking forward to a win against Halifax and into the mix of the playoffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 144
Garth
April 12, 2014, 9:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
All eleven players today worked their socks off for a deserved win which could have been by four goals had the chances offered been taken, I thought Paddy was my MOM considering he was playing out of position.
Looking forward to a win against Halifax and into the mix of the playoffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 144
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 12, 2014, 9:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from GrimRob
I don't believe this side is not good enough for L2 (we beat two L2 clubs in the FA Cup this season) but even if they aren't there's nothing to stop us changing most of the squad next year as nearly all the team are out of contract anyway. Let's worry about what happens next season when it comes around.

3 points at this stage of the season is job done. In football you get 3 points regardless of how you win. There are no bonus points as there are in other sports. We are obviously hard to beat (Woking thought they'd done it twice and they were wrong). Only 1 team has beaten us by more than one goal next season and we're playing them next.

We're doing well. Wake up if you think we're not!

Rob with due respect I think as one of PH's critics I can say that overall I am happy to be in third place, would like to be higher but thats life, however, I think most of us feel there are opportunities with the players in the squad to improve the quality of our play e.g. Treatment of Cook (no further comment as discussed to death) but more recently Thanoj and Paddy whose exclusion has been surprising given the form of Kerr and Dis, and as I said after Tuesday if not included why are they not brought on earlier when our midfleld clearly tires?

Thanoj in particular would benefit from being told that subject to injury you will now be playing until the end of the season. He is a creative player but if you are under constant pressure about your place are you always going to play the safe pass instead of the braver option which may create a goal.

I accept this is a new challenge for PH working alone and I believe a number of us would have expected that he would have learned from some of the mistakes made previously both with and without RS. It is as though he is the perfect coach for away fixtures but cannot handle the pressure brought about by expectations when playing at home, and with the exception of this years cup games, this has normally been when we have larger home crowds.

We all want success its just that some of us believe this can be achieved with a more positive style of play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 144
Alfie
April 12, 2014, 9:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from pontoonlew
I'm inclined to agree. I'm sick of this 'we got the result' because eventually that attitude will catch up with you and bite you on the bottom hard against good sides. See Newport last season, it's coming again I can guarantee you.

Anybody fancy naming me 5 occasions this season where we're comfortably outplayed a team and played like Champions? Anybody want to even give me 3 occasions? We are simply not good enough to go up and it's sad people are missing that. Chester we're horrific today, I bet Hyde were just as bad against Cambridge and Barnet against Halifax. The difference in results between the 3 sides tells you all you are going to need to know. In fact the fact Andy Cook was dropped from the entire squad today yet comes on to be arguably our best player in a 20 min spell tells you exactly what you need to know about Hursts ability as a manager.

Did you even go today?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 144
nightrider
April 12, 2014, 9:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Caesar

Cook and Tonka was played on Thursday, would still give them another go as I felt there was promise there I felt that too often they were occupying the same areas and did not run off each other enough for me.

While people may feel we are poor, poorest team to go up if we do it?  I think not, we are hardly flying at the minute but at this level it is all about getting out of it, judging by some of the posts on here we are playing worse now then when we finished 11th and lost 14 times! Does anyone really think that this leagues has got that much worse that in 3 years we ae 11 points better off with 4 games left to play?

We were far far better when we finished 11th. We had a terrible start but for afew months we were playing the best football I've seen under s&h. If it wasn't for the bad start (first season under them) we would have cruised into the playoffs. That was a harder league that year as well surely
That's about the best thing we've got going for us - were not very good.... but then neither is anybody else!
Anyway its about time everyone got behind the team now. Last push, what's the worst that could happen?!

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 144
chaos33
April 12, 2014, 9:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Rob with due respect I think as one of PH's critics I can say that overall I am happy to be in third place, would like to be higher but thats life, however, I think most of us feel there are opportunities with the players in the squad to improve the quality of our play e.g. Treatment of Cook (no further comment as discussed to death) but more recently Thanoj and Paddy whose exclusion has been surprising given the form of Kerr and Dis, and as I said after Tuesday if not included why are they not brought on earlier when our midfleld clearly tires?

Thanoj in particular would benefit from being told that subject to injury you will now be playing until the end of the season. He is a creative player but if you are under constant pressure about your place are you always going to play the safe pass instead of the braver option which may create a goal.

I accept this is a new challenge for PH working alone and I believe a number of us would have expected that he would have learned from some of the mistakes made previously both with and without RS. It is as though he is the perfect coach for away fixtures but cannot handle the pressure brought about by expectations when playing at home, and with the exception of this years cup games, this has normally been when we have larger home crowds.

We all want success its just that some of us believe this can be achieved with a more positive style of play.

Excellent post.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 144
barralad
April 12, 2014, 9:49pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Alfie

Did you even go today?  

no I don't think he did....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 144
pontoonlew
April 12, 2014, 10:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,022
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Alfie

Did you even go today?  

Because I didn't go to a game I'm not allowed my opinion on the current affairs on the club? I think after 15 years of going to almost every home game, having happily said I've always vocally supported us throughout that, I'm entitled to an opinion. I travel hundreds of miles to go to games so when it's poor and as negative as it has been it's more of a bitter pill to swallow.

You may not agree with it but I'm sick of people on this board ganging up against people who have different views. I think a lot of people are naive as to how we're doing and I believe I could have a point. But anybody who doesn't share that opinion I'll have an honest debate with. Unfortunately some like to turn it into a flipping gentlemens club and jump on people who go against popular opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 144
KK_DOG
April 12, 2014, 11:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
I can't quite believe what I'm reading on here tonight. We won and I thought we played some excellent football at times today. If we don't play well in the playoffs and win then job done. Job done today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 144
grimsby pete
April 13, 2014, 1:55am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from nightrider

We were far far better when we finished 11th. We had a terrible start but for afew months we were playing the best football I've seen under s&h. If it wasn't for the bad start (first season under them) we would have cruised into the playoffs. That was a harder league that year as well surely
That's about the best thing we've got going for us - were not very good.... but then neither is anybody else!
Anyway its about time everyone got behind the team now. Last push, what's the worst that could happen?!

When Woods was the manager we scored 7 against Mansfield then 6 away to Histon,

BUT

What happened after that ?

We are in a good position at the moment,

So lets get behind the team and hope we can do it this season.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 144
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not good enough.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.