Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 141 Guests

Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

This thread currently has 61,282 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 28, 2014, 3:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Garth

Better you don`t know that way I can keep my beady eye on you  

If that's what floats yer boat

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 300 - 340
grimsby pete
July 28, 2014, 3:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,799
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from headingly_mariner

It was fine for Wimbledon, chester and Halifax, they both had to start totally from scratch, if you look at teams of comparable size the fans have managed to keep the club alive and some are now doing better than ourselves having folded, if we reformed in any league we would still attract a couple of thousand fans, this would be enough to pay our way through the lower non-league. At the time Fenty took over, we were a league club, teams were not punished for Administration and we would have been available practically debt free for someone to take over a far better prospect than we are now.

No clubs have ceased to exist, even in the worst cases of mismanagment the club's still exist Darlo and Stockport still exist, they are shite but they still exist, to say we wouldn't have a club without Fenty is an absolute nonsense and its the typical scared attitude that has seen many fans accept our pathetic fortunes over the last 10 years.

Wimbledon managed it because of their location LONDON,

Chester are only in our league because Hereford went bust,

Halifax are no better than us but are in a more central part of the country to attract players,

So I can not agree with your answer,

I think we will have to agree to disagree.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 301 - 340
headingly_mariner
July 28, 2014, 3:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,376
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from grimsby pete

Wimbledon managed it because of their location LONDON,

Chester are only in our league because Hereford went bust,

Halifax are no better than us but are in a more central part of the country to attract players,

So I can not agree with your answer,

I think we will have to agree to disagree.

thats just nonsense, wimbledon are in the league because they have been well run and they have been paying players, their location has had minimal effect on their progress, the fact that they pull over 3.5k fans a week has allowed them to be competetive enough to be promoted. How are Scunny doing so much better than us when its only 20 minutes away? they get less fans? it is a bigger shitehole?

I read today that since Fenty became major shareholder we have slipped 52 places.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 302 - 340
grimsby pete
July 28, 2014, 4:01pm

Exile

thats just nonsense, wimbledon are in the league because they have been well run and they have been paying players, their location has had minimal effect on their progress, the fact that they pull over 3.5k fans a week has allowed them to be competetive enough to be promoted. How are Scunny doing so much better than us when its only 20 minutes away? they get less fans? it is a bigger shitehole?

I read today that since Fenty became major shareholder we have slipped 52 places.

How can you say a London club does not have an advantage over us,

How many players have they got to choose from compared to us ?

There are hundreds of players in the London area that could play for Wimbledon without moving house or too much travel,

How many can Grimsby call on ?

We have a hard job getting players to come to Grimsby now on the wages being paid,

How many would come if we were offering less,

Think about it.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 303 - 340
headingly_mariner
July 28, 2014, 4:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

How can you say a London club does not have an advantage over us,

How many players have they got to choose from compared to us ?

There are hundreds of players in the London area that could play for Wimbledon without moving house or too much travel,

How many can Grimsby call on ?

We have a hard job getting players to come to Grimsby now on the wages being paid,

How many would come if we were offering less,

Think about it.

I see you've ignored my questions regarding scunny, care to have a crack at them?

I'm saying the advantage is neglible and it certainly should have been when we where in the league, Footballers do live outside of London and although it is massively populated it also has loads of clubs competing for talent, our location doesn't help us but it is certainly not a big factor in our decline, the 2 clubs within 30 miles of us have been quite capable of attracting the players to be successful, think about it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 304 - 340
grimsby pete
July 28, 2014, 4:11pm

Exile

I see you've ignored my questions regarding scunny, care to have a crack at them?

I'm saying the advantage is neglible and it certainly should have been when we where in the league, Footballers do live outside of London and although it is massively populated it also has loads of clubs competing for talent, our location doesn't help us but it is certainly not a big factor in our decline, the 2 clubs within 30 miles of us have been quite capable of attracting the players to be successful, think about it!

I give up

I bet you are a student or under 25,

We have been above Scunny all the time apart from the last ten years,

How old is our club ?

I am taking the dog for a walk now,

I will get more sense out of her.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 305 - 340
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 28, 2014, 4:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 178
The other London/Manchester/big city argument is loanees and trialists. Am sure that it's easier for clubs like Colchester, Southend, brentford to get these players on short term loans or contracts.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 306 - 340
headingly_mariner
July 28, 2014, 4:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

I give up

I bet you are a student or under 25,

We have been above Scunny all the time apart from the last ten years,

How old is our club ?

I am taking the dog for a walk now,

I will get more sense out of her.

I'm not sure what my age or occupation has to do with anything but i'm older than that and in full time employment.

I am aware that the club has been around since 1878 and that we have been far more successful than Scunny, but how come Scunny have been able to attract the players to be successful in the same 10 years that Grimsby haven't? this is the 10 years we are talking about in this thread though, the 10 years that we have had the same leadership at the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 307 - 340
Hagrid
July 28, 2014, 4:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,420
Gold Stars: 534
because scunny have flourished and punched above their weight the last 10 years whilst we have dropped?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 308 - 340
Rob_in_Grimsby
July 28, 2014, 4:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8

Fenty took over in 2004 after Dudley Ramsden's got us relegated to Div2  
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.....2003.E2.80.932005.29
Financial crisis and relegation (2003–2005) section

He has only took us to one relegation all be it out the league, we also went to a playoff final as well though.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 309 - 340
35 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.