Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 138 Guests

Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

This thread currently has 61,274 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
July 27, 2014, 11:40am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Thanks Pete I don't object to sensible debate criticism or fact being debated.

I certainly will not at every touch and turn respond to dislikes, misprints or press statement which may not be right, but when there are some that don't have a clue about a distant event and spout their opinion as fact, and it's distasteful not just to me but past directors you may well see me respond.

I love the fans to speculate and debate the club we love, but it's sad that we see the running down of players even before they have signed, managers and those at the the club alike.

Saw one poster that said, if a player didn't sign because they couldn't take criticism then we don't want them. Ge wiz it's hard enough to get them to the club / Grimsby however much we love it, it is not the place everyone wants to come to.

Oh and just for the record for others, I never tried to get the Fishy shut down, just asked for it to be moderated in accordance with reasonable rules. Rules which all sign up to. Rob decided to shut it down in an admission it wasn't moderated sufficiently. Anyone who I made contact with regarding a particular type of posting I naturally pursued with one intent!!! For them to behave. I actually encouraged the New Fishy to start.

I like to see the fans general debate and opinion occasionally, the danger is, so do players and not everyone can take what they read.

Onwards and let's hope upwards with sensible debate..UTM

Thanks for the reply John,

You said a couple of fishes have slipped through the net,

BUT

I would not call Parkin a fish, more of a whale  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 250 - 340
FishOutOfWater
July 27, 2014, 11:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from grimsby pete

As far as my memory tells me ( it's not as good as it use to be ) it lasted for a season,

There were lots of complaints and we were reinstated to our home The Ponny  

I'm pretty sure it was for two seasons Pete

85-86 for sure because that was the season when we played Arsenal at home in the cup, a game that certainly sticks in the mind and then we were also in that end for the last game of the season where we beat Norwich with Gordon Hobson scoring against the then champions of the 2nd division

Then the following season although I was living away then and didn't get to too many games I remember being in the Osmond drawing at home to Leeds and also losing at home to Birmingham

Wonder if being at that end of the ground had anything to do with us getting relegated at the end of that season....on second thoughts maybe not.

I think it was all down to Mike Lyons running us aground - JF was blameless back then  
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 251 - 340
Rodley Mariner
July 27, 2014, 12:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
People in public positions surely accept they might pick up some criticism when things  under their charge go badly. Likewise they'll receive plaudits when things go well. Mr Fenty accepted being hoisted on fans shoulders at Bournemouth when we stayed up so he should accept some criticism as we start a fifth season in the Conference. I'd suggest the vast majority of criticism isn't personal but about how the club, which he heads, have performed. If I said I'd been into a Tesco's and thought it was crap, who thinks the CEO of Tesco would personally tell me to 'Gimp off'?

Read back through what we know are his posts and some of them are extremely confrontational. Is this the best way for him to deal with fans of the club? I accept he shouldn't have to tolerate personal abuse of him or his family or libellous comments but surely that's what the moderation of this board is for. How many posts of that nature are there anyway? This forum is no worse than any other clubs, in fact I'd suspect that in its current form it's better than most. How many other Chairman do you think are squabbling with fans?

I really do think, going forward that when comments annoy him, in the press, on the radio or on here, that the best thing he could do is take a deep breath and be the bigger man, because stuff like this thread are hardly becoming of a man of his age and in his position.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 252 - 340
Meza
July 27, 2014, 12:06pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
My dad didn't like Mike Lyons I winder why lol

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 253 - 340
Biccys
July 27, 2014, 12:11pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
People in public positions surely accept they might pick up some criticism when things  under their charge go badly. Likewise they'll receive plaudits when things go well. Mr Fenty accepted being hoisted on fans shoulders at Bournemouth when we stayed up so he should accept some criticism as we start a fifth season in the Conference. I'd suggest the vast majority of criticism isn't personal but about how the club, which he heads, have performed. If I said I'd been into a Tesco's and thought it was crap, who thinks the CEO of Tesco would personally tell me to 'Gimp off'?

Read back through what we know are his posts and some of them are extremely confrontational. Is this the best way for him to deal with fans of the club? I accept he shouldn't have to tolerate personal abuse of him or his family or libellous comments but surely that's what the moderation of this board is for. How many posts of that nature are there anyway? This forum is no worse than any other clubs, in fact I'd suspect that in its current form it's better than most. How many other Chairman do you think are squabbling with fans?

I really do think, going forward that when comments annoy him, in the press, on the radio or on here, that the best thing he could do is take a deep breath and be the bigger man, because stuff like this thread are hardly becoming of a man of his age and in his position.

Again, why can't we multiple "like" a post Rob... Superb post.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 254 - 340
MuddyWaters
July 27, 2014, 12:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from rancido

So you think that JF should take any amount of criticism, both professional and sometimes personal, on a GTFC message board but abstain from any form of reply - how bizarre! He's allowed to be shot at but not shoot back Some posters criticise him on purely GTFC matters out of a love for the club and that is fine.But I also get the impression that some do it on a more personal level and could ( I stress could ! ) have some kind of personal agenda with him. We have already had one poster claim that JF tried to have him banned ( from Blundell Park I assume) and it seems like his tirades are more personally motivated which have IMO no place on this site.

For the record, I have no personal grudge against Mr Fenty on any level. I just hope and pray that we return to the Football League ASAP whether it's under his watch or someone else's. I'd also add that at 50, I don't consider that I'm a grumpy old moaner and having started supporting in 1969, I've seen bad Town teams before.

Someone brought something up earlier on on another thread about what David Burns said while we were still in the League about us looking like a Conference side in the making. It still galls me - and I know hindsight is a wonderful thing - that a. He got it right and b. We did nothing about it.
Private Message
Reply: 255 - 340
headingly_mariner
July 27, 2014, 12:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

It's embarrassing really, the club has seen a massive decline over the last ten years and support has dropped, you would think that those responsible for that failure would be a little less abrasive towards the supporters that still remain and take the criticism on the chin, I don't think that anyone can argue that those in charge of the club over the last 10 years haven't failed in taking it forward. Hopefully the decline has ended and we can start climbing the leagues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 256 - 340
Green27
July 27, 2014, 12:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
I miss Bill Carr

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 257 - 340
headingly_mariner
July 27, 2014, 12:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Green27
I miss Bill Carr

Indeed a true class act.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 258 - 340
dapperz fun pub
July 27, 2014, 12:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,934
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from rancido

So you think that JF should take any amount of criticism, both professional and sometimes personal, on a GTFC message board but abstain from any form of reply - how bizarre! He's allowed to be shot at but not shoot back Some posters criticise him on purely GTFC matters out of a love for the club and that is fine.But I also get the impression that some do it on a more personal level and could ( I stress could ! ) have some kind of personal agenda with him. We have already had one poster claim that JF tried to have him banned ( from Blundell Park I assume) and it seems like his tirades are more personally motivated which have IMO no place on this site.

Yeh i do i (not the personal stuff )think he should stay of the fishy and concentrate on getting my club back into the football league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 259 - 340
35 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.