Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 138 Guests

Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

This thread currently has 61,290 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Sigone
July 27, 2014, 8:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
i've always thought the main stand is the worst viewing area.  The sun(occasionally) blinds, the posts get in the way, often the wind is into the main stand too.  I think the away fans should be in there and the osmond,pontoon & Findus for home fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 280 - 340
chaos33
July 27, 2014, 8:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Surely that would be an incredible waste of resources and potentially advantageous to visiting teams?! As long as we are a conference team where many away followings are significantly less than 100, they'll be rattling around in the main stand, not using 9/10ths of it but still requiring staff and facilities, and electricity and police etc. most of it inefficient, underused and wasting money and time. The best best place for away fans at BP, as long as we remain in this league, is indeed the osmond/main stand corner.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 281 - 340
Sigone
July 27, 2014, 8:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Yes point taken...still I think its a shame we cant have Town fans behind both goals.  Would need a lot more thought I guess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 282 - 340
Squarkus
July 28, 2014, 8:58am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from Sigone

Great post  
I remember the club paying massive sums of money to players on loan who couldn't give 2 hoots about GTFC.  Left when we down, left us with no sell on value and very few players.  L.L can take some blame too, the loans were his idea.  The reported 12k + family put up and regular flights back to China that a certain player cost us, also cost us our best player (one of the best we've ever had) in Peter Handyside.  Rated over 1 mil at the time left at the end of his contract cos he couldn't get a game here...Applause for L.L please.  The sacking of A.B was quite frankly embarrassing and made us the laughing stock of football. Even the mention of Huxford makes my blood boil and how he gets away scot free(RATS leaving the sinking ship) is beyond me.  I dont blame J.F, take a look at how far Pompey and Leeds have fallen because of mis-management by a previous board, both far bigger clubs than us with much greater resources to bounce back.  Huxford you will never be forgiven....not by me at least
When all left the ship, what about the ITV collapse, Who inherited that along with masive tax debts, JF did, but as i see it he has steadied the ship, its now a matter of time before we get some good football fortune, there is only one man to thank for that as we still have a football club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 283 - 340
headingly_mariner
July 28, 2014, 9:53am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Squarkus
When all left the ship, what about the ITV collapse, Who inherited that along with masive tax debts, JF did, but as i see it he has steadied the ship, its now a matter of time before we get some good football fortune, there is only one man to thank for that as we still have a football club.[b][/b]

Does anyone actually believe that this is the case? i dont think the club would be any lower down the leagues had we folded and started again. I am also pretty sure as a league club that someone would have taken us on, they may not have done any better but i doubt they could have done much worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 284 - 340
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 28, 2014, 10:15am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Squarkus
When all left the ship, what about the ITV collapse, Who inherited that along with masive tax debts, JF did, but as i see it he has steadied the ship, its now a matter of time before we get some good football fortune, there is only one man to thank for that as we still have a football club.

I think you may be overstating the case a bit there and neglected to mention quite a few decisions that directly brought us down to Conference stalwarts.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 285 - 340
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 28, 2014, 10:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,844
Gold Stars: 178
We all agree that money has (continually) been wasted on a crock of 5hit over the past years. Now, let's get behind the crock of 5hit we have now instead  

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 286 - 340
Garth
July 28, 2014, 10:28am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
We all agree that money has (continually) been wasted on a crock of 5hit over the past years. Now, let's get behind the crock of 5hit we have now instead  

Bit harsh, call yourself a supporter

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 287 - 340
July 28, 2014, 10:31am
Guest User
I think it was tongue in cheek Garth.
Reply: 288 - 340
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 28, 2014, 10:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,844
Gold Stars: 178
No Garth, I call myself war lord hacienda from the planet bez

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 289 - 340
35 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.