Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 114 Guests

Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

This thread currently has 61,297 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
July 28, 2014, 8:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Grimal

I don't know what part of the country you live Headingly but please show some respect for the people who live in this area of Lincolnshire,Why would you call it a shitehole ?. I don't go around calling other towns shiteholes.

Apologies for any offence caused, I simply don't understand how we can't attract quality players because of our location and Scunny manage it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 320 - 340
FishOutOfWater
July 29, 2014, 1:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Apologies for any offence caused, I simply don't understand how we can't attract quality players because of our location and Scunny manage it.

I've always thought the location argument was a bit of a red herring

Grimsby is in a no worse location than say Carlisle, Morecambe, Hartlepool to name a few and whilst they might have troubles of their own attracting players and then persuading them to sign on the dotted line, they're arguably better at it than we are

We're out on a limb in some respects here on the East Coast but it's not totally the back of beyond....within 75 miles or so there's a substantial catchment area for us to try and tap in to

In some ways it says more about the ambition of a certain kind of player if they aren't interested in playing for our club with its heritage and potential

It's not stopped lads like Shaun Pearson coming here and developing his game and his future prospects so there must be others out there....it's just up to the club to sell what we have and what we could have
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 321 - 340
dapperz fun pub
July 29, 2014, 3:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,963
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I've always thought the location argument was a bit of a red herring

Grimsby is in a no worse location than say Carlisle, Morecambe, Hartlepool to name a few and whilst they might have troubles of their own attracting players and then persuading them to sign on the dotted line, they're arguably better at it than we are

We're out on a limb in some respects here on the East Coast but it's not totally the back of beyond....within 75 miles or so there's a substantial catchment area for us to try and tap in to

In some ways it says more about the ambition of a certain kind of player if they aren't interested in playing for our club with its heritage and potential

It's not stopped lads like Shaun Pearson coming here and developing his game and his future prospects so there must be others out there....it's just up to the club to sell what we have and what we could have

Location is a problem it always has been
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 322 - 340
ackomariner
July 29, 2014, 3:22pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Location is a problem it always has been

Well I like it  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 323 - 340
dapperz fun pub
July 29, 2014, 3:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ackomariner

Well I like it  

Yeh i do but second rate footballers from the midlands/yorkshire/down south dont seem keen the silly basts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 324 - 340
July 29, 2014, 3:47pm
Guest User
Nowt wrong with our area. Cleethorpes is a great place to live, we have the wolds on our doorstep, events like the airshow, a top notch shopping centre considering the size of the place, loads of beaver and fish n chips!
Reply: 325 - 340
dapperz fun pub
July 29, 2014, 4:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 75
Nowt wrong with our area. Cleethorpes is a great place to live, we have the wolds on our doorstep, events like the airshow, a top notch shopping centre considering the size of the place, loads of beaver and fish n chips!

Loads of beaver ha ha love it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 326 - 340
grimsby pete
July 29, 2014, 4:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
My original statement was that a London club like Wimbledon have a lot better chance of picking up decent players than we have.

Parts of Grimsby and Cleethorpes have very nice  area's to live in,

Plus there numerous villages that are very attractive,

BUT

We do not have the amount of players to look at and try to entice to sign than a London club.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 327 - 340
headingly_mariner
July 29, 2014, 4:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from grimsby pete
My original statement was that a London club like Wimbledon have a lot better chance of picking up decent players than we have.

BUT

We do not have the amount of players to look at and try to entice to sign than a London club.

That's not the reason we have suffered 3 relegations though is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 328 - 340
dapperz fun pub
July 29, 2014, 4:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

BUT

Yeh thats true but weve lost players to the likes of wrexham/gateshead proper shitholes  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 329 - 340
35 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.