Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst takes a swipe at fans
Users Browsing Forum
A Brace Of Tees and 113 Guests

Hurst takes a swipe at fans

This thread currently has 13,174 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
mike_d
August 20, 2014, 10:37am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +390
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
I clearly thought Peacock offered more to be team than others, but hey ho. What irks me is the attitude from Hurst that he knows better than those who pay his wages. This May or may not be the case, but at least show a bit of grace man you'd be better not saying anything.

Have they passed their UEFA badges? When they show they've the same knowledge, then yes, he's entitled to that opinion.

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 156
arryarryarry
August 20, 2014, 10:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
As regards Hurst's comments, I think it is pretty sad he has to keep bleating to the press about one of his players, if he wants to make an issue of it he should keep it in house and say to Lennie "look there are a number of fans out there who think you are crap go out and prove them wrong".

Whether or not he was having a go as he has done in the past when Lennie took that penalty I believe he is on a slippery slope to pissing off a fair number of supporters that will end up never backing him.

Despite AB's success he still managed to pissoff some fans because of his attitude at times.
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 156
Biccys
August 20, 2014, 11:28am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Saudimariner

No, it was right first time - "fewer" if a number is mentioned ("fewer than ten items"), but "less" if there is no number.  If you are going to criticize someone's grammar, please check your information before doing so.

Google is your friend.

"People often don’t know when to use less and when to use fewer in a sentence. Here’s how to get it right.

Use fewer if you’re referring to people or things in the plural (e.g. houses, newspapers, dogs, students, children, MANAGERS). For example:

"People these days are buying fewer newspapers."

"Fewer students are opting to study science-related subjects."

"Fewer than thirty children each year develop the disease."

"There will be FEWER managers..."
Use less when you’re referring to something that can’t be counted or doesn’t have a plural (e.g. money, air, time, music, rain). For example:

It’s a better job but they pay you less money.

People want to spend less time in traffic jams.

Ironically, when I’m on tour, I listen to less music.

Less is also used with numbers when they are on their own and with expressions of measurement or time, e.g.:

His weight fell from 18 stone to less than 12.

Their marriage lasted less than two years.

Heath Square is less than four miles away from Dublin city centre

Happy to help.  

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 112 - 156
biggles9999
August 20, 2014, 11:46am
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Just out of interest I am intrigued where this consistent arguement comes from that LJL doesnt contribute anything in terms of assists (its clear he never will in terms of goals). Last season he was our second top assister behind Neilson. I would say thats a fair rate of contribution.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 156
arryarryarry
August 20, 2014, 12:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from biggles9999
Just out of interest I am intrigued where this consistent arguement comes from that LJL doesnt contribute anything in terms of assists (its clear he never will in terms of goals). Last season he was our second top assister behind Neilson. I would say thats a fair rate of contribution.

Personally I think this business about assists is complete balderdash, there could be a number of passes that lead to a goal and it is not always the final pass that would be the best.

I would add that if he converted his many chances then someone else would likley be leading the assists chart.
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 156
oldun
August 20, 2014, 12:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I don't think PH was having a go at the fans, just responding to criticism of one of his (and our) players. If he sees fit he is entitled to support members of the team, if he didn't there would be a poor reaction from the squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 156
mariner91
August 20, 2014, 12:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,661
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Peacock marginalised by Scott/Hurst probably for having an opinion that differed to theirs.
Elding decent but idle.
Duffy just shite.
LJL appears to be a good lad who keeps his head down and works very hard. He is though an athlete and not a footballer, something that doesn't seem to bother Hurst. These comments in the paper are pretty pathetic, the sign of a man who knows he's wrong but keeps on repeating the manta anyway. He needs to sort out this running sore before things go mammaries up.

Peacock was utter wank before they arrived though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 156
mariner91
August 20, 2014, 12:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

If the manager had gone, LJL might have gone too and Jennings, Rodman and others might have signed.

Yet equally Disley, Neilson and Mckeown who all offer far more than those two did have all signed again mentioning Hurst as a reason for doing so. Give me McKeown on his own over the Jennings and Rodman any day!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 156
mariner91
August 20, 2014, 12:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Not been on the Fishy properly for a few days so have only just caught up with this thread. Whilst I appreciate LJL isn't everyone's cup of tea and they're arguing he shouldn't be starting every game, we've played three games where we've only had two strikers available and the other one has been far worse than LJL has. If we'd had everyone available and he was still sticking blindly with LJL irrespective of performances then I'd agree but until he does it we can't criticise him for it. How can you criticise a manager for picking the only available player?!

Like others have said, in my opinion, LJL is great to have in the squad. For tough away games he is a fantastic option as his work rate is second to none and he is a real nuisance and his defensive contribution is much better than the likes of Hannah. Equally, the bits lacking in his game mean he's probably not the best option to start with against teams who are happy with a draw at BP as he hasn't the guile or knack of scoring that is needed for these situations. When we play these sort of teams I'd like to have Pittman as the muscle up front as I feel he has shown, albeit briefly, that he will pose much more of a goal threat than LJL. For games like that we need skill, pace and guile and I believe with the players we currently have our best set up would be something like this:

Pittman
Arnold          Neilson          Mackreth
            Disley/Paddy  Brown

Give Neilson a free role in the middle and with the pace outside forcing teams back or allowing us to get round the back of them we should be able to create a lot of chances. Then we can bring on LJL or Hannah depending on how the games going.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 156
jungleland
August 20, 2014, 4:48pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +124
Quoted from grimsby pete
It's ok for posters on here to call for him to be sacked or call him clueless,

He reads the Fishy and answers a question and he gets slated for it,

He can not win.

He could win if he would drop Lewis
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 156
16 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst takes a swipe at fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.