Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not good enough.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 311 Guests

Not good enough.

This thread currently has 16,674 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Caesar
April 12, 2014, 7:04pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from Grimal

That's my thinking to. It's well worth a try.Quite impressed with Cook when he came on today.Also he was very unlucky not to score last thursday night.  I've liked Tonka when ever he has played.

Cook and Tonka was played on Thursday, would still give them another go as I felt there was promise there I felt that too often they were occupying the same areas and did not run off each other enough for me.

While people may feel we are poor, poorest team to go up if we do it?  I think not, we are hardly flying at the minute but at this level it is all about getting out of it, judging by some of the posts on here we are playing worse now then when we finished 11th and lost 14 times! Does anyone really think that this leagues has got that much worse that in 3 years we ae 11 points better off with 4 games left to play?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 144
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 12, 2014, 7:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Grimal

No, It makes you his best mate  

Well also a season ticket holder never met Lew but agree entirely with him but just one point we did play well at home to Kidderminster and I enjoyed game against Woking. However, for much of the rest it has been woeful and hence some of our more constructive posts on other threds on some actions which PH could take which would demonstrate he is developing as a coach, which is something we all want.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 144
ackomariner
April 12, 2014, 7:17pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Caesar

Cook and Tonka was played on Thursday, would still give them another go as I felt there was promise there I felt that too often they were occupying the same areas and did not run off each other enough for me.

While people may feel we are poor, poorest team to go up if we do it?  I think not, we are hardly flying at the minute but at this level it is all about getting out of it, judging by some of the posts on here we are playing worse now then when we finished 11th and lost 14 times! Does anyone really think that this leagues has got that much worse that in 3 years we ae 11 points better off with 4 games left to play?

As someone who hasn't missed a home game this season I can tell you that we've been poor for the most parts of this season, so no we're not really flying at the minute and haven't been since Christmas , but as I've just said on another post, we're making hard work of it IMO.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 144
KK_DOG
April 12, 2014, 7:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
Three points is all that matters at the moment. Playoffs when we get there and we will are like cup finals. I have no worries whatsoever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 144
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 12, 2014, 7:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Rodley is right - negativity will only hurt our chances when we are so close to making the play-offs. Having said that though, the question at the back of my mind is this - are we good enough to beat a Cambridge side that has got its mojo back? That's the yardstick, they must be form favourites to go up. At some stage we would almost certainly have to play them and beating them means turning chances into goals. And by the look of things the other sides won't be pushovers either.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 144
ackomariner
April 12, 2014, 7:34pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from KK_DOG
Three points is all that matters at the moment. Playoffs when we get there and we will are like cup finals. I have no worries whatsoever.

Let's hope your right then  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 144
KK_DOG
April 12, 2014, 7:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
One Nill will do though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 144
Caesar
April 12, 2014, 7:45pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from ackomariner

As someone who hasn't missed a home game this season I can tell you that we've been poor for the most parts of this season, so no we're not really flying at the minute and haven't been since Christmas , but as I've just said on another post, we're making hard work of it IMO.

I can agree with that then and say we have never been flying this season, but my point is suggesting that it will be a miracle if we go up and if we do we are the poorest team ever to do it is extreme.  This league is a tough one as we can see by how much teams relegated from league 2 sturggle but if we finish 3rd we have improved on last year and massess on the two years previous to that.  I cannot believe that the quality of the confernce has decreased that much, if we get promoted (and I agree we will have to improve and are not favourites) we will be as good as any other team to have gone up via the playoffs, ie. as good as is necessary.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 144
FishOutOfWater
April 12, 2014, 7:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Rodley is right - negativity will only hurt our chances when we are so close to making the play-offs. Having said that though, the question at the back of my mind is this - are we good enough to beat a Cambridge side that has got its mojo back? That's the yardstick, they must be form favourites to go up. At some stage we would almost certainly have to play them and beating them means turning chances into goals. And by the look of things the other sides won't be pushovers either.

Who knows whether we would play Cambridge or not though?

Assuming they finish up runners-up then unless we drop to 5th place there are no guarantees we would have to meet them
as we'd be in a 3rd v 4th tie and it is absolutely not a given that they'd beat whoever they do face in the semis
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 144
moosey_club
April 12, 2014, 7:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
In reply to the O.P ...we did not play that bad today, certainly engineered more chances than of late, first half saw plenty created but wayward shots and some over elaborate interplay our downfall.
Second half was the difference, they made changes at half time and took the momentum, and this is my current gripe with Hurst, slow to make substitutions when we slow down or lose momentum, perhaps this is as a result of not having an assistant to maybe chirp into his ear a bit.
We just dont have a Plan B.,thats my worry.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 144
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not good enough.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.