Abdul19
July 28, 2014, 3:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,566
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from denni266

Just totally sick of seeing my home club. what i have been supporting for 50 yrs now,, go down the pan with bad signings and decisions.. seem to remember that when poojah made his famous speech you all agreed with him . too many people are willing to accept poor standards  , i wont and wont be bullied in to doing so

That was based on things that had happened/were happening, not guesswork on things that could happen.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 113
July 28, 2014, 3:13pm
Guest User
Quoted from jonnyboy82

ye maybe paul and doig should give the worksop manager a ring to see why they decided he was excrement too.

And Halifax and Barrow. Then again Niven looked awful but we realised how valuable to the team he was gone.
Reply: 11 - 113
grimsby pete
July 28, 2014, 3:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from denni266

Just totally sick of seeing my home club. what i have been supporting for 50 yrs now,, go down the pan with bad signings and decisions.. seem to remember that when poojah made his famous speech you all agreed with him . too many people are willing to accept poor standards  , i wont and wont be bullied in to doing so

QUOTE  From  somebody, I have forgot his name,  " If you don't fecking like it, don't fecking come "

Come back when we are top of the league and say sorry to Paul.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 113
cannylad68
July 28, 2014, 3:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8

Christ almighty!  He's a back-up player, probably on £200 a week.  Hurst has got any two of Disley, Paddy Mac and Brown as his first pairing so needs a little bit of back-up on the cheap.  Who did you have in mind, Frank Lampard?[/quote]

If he has been signed as a back up player after the 3 players you have mentioned, surely a youth player should be given a chance.
I remember Angus Davidson being thrown in at the deep end and at short notice at a young age, and he didn't do so bad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 113
Garth
July 28, 2014, 3:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
I will be glad when the season starts and we can all have opinions on what we see rather than what we think we might see, just saying like cos I`m no different
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 113
denni266
July 28, 2014, 3:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
i would gladly Pete. but only if them that say am wrong will say that i was right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 113
grimsby pete
July 28, 2014, 3:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from cannylad68

If he has been signed as a back up player after the 3 players you have mentioned, surely a youth player should be given a chance.
I remember Angus Davidson being thrown in at the deep end and at short notice at a young age, and he didn't do so bad.

WHAT !!!!!!   He ended up at Scunthorpe  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 113
Fcukthescunts
July 28, 2014, 3:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Whilst I wasn't impressed when I saw Clay at Harrogate I do think we should get behind him. He is now a Town player and as fans we should back our players regardless. We are all going to disagree on whether someone is great or not but we have one common aim as fans to back our team. The players have a duty to fans to try 100% in every game.
If I was a player reading the comments on here I wouldn't bother because I am getting slated regardless.
We need to all get behind the team and get out of this crap league. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 113
Nelly GTFC
July 28, 2014, 3:34pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,754
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from jonnyboy82
ye maybe paul and doig should give the worksop manager a ring to see why they decided he was excrement too.
Really, I beg to differ...
Quoted from Worksop Guardian | 19th June 2014
“Players are waiting for me to give them the okay on finances, players like Alex Pursehouse, Jon Stewart, Craig Clay, Nicky Travis, Jack Barnett – players better than you’d expect at the level we’re going into.
Worksop didn't have the finances at the time, and well Grimsby are a bigger club >> [url=http://www.worksopguardian.co.uk/sport/local-sport/shaw-can-t-sign-players-until-money-comes-in-1-6682631]http://www.worksopguardian.co.uk/sport/local-sport/shaw-can-t-sign-players-until-money-comes-in-1-6682631[/url]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 113
lobsterpot
July 28, 2014, 3:59pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
From what i have seen pre season, Pittman looks like he cant be arsed already and Clay doesnt look like anything that is remotely near good enough. Saying that, the club must know better than i do and its an extra 2 bodies so i will back them to the hilt aslong as they wear the famous black and white stripes. They may be lacking match fitness, they may need to fit into the surroundings, they may have been out of their depth vs bigger and better teams in the friendlies. Im sick and tired of seeing peeps mention how Rob Jones and big Clayts started life with us but they blossomed after that as far as im concerned. I also think that Paddy is $hite but he played like a world beater when up against a challenge VS Northampton so give them a chance guys. Cant wait to see the banners and flags with derogatory abuse with their names on you mardy bunch of barstewards

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 113
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Absolutly shocking

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.