mariner tommy
July 28, 2014, 5:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,871
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Grimal

Can you show us where the Worksop manager decided he is sh1te. Perhaps just didn't fit in to his plans.I will say though Clay is a young lad and he did show improvement in the game against Mansfield.Give the lad a chance. I'm happy with the Pittman signing.

Sorry but I beg to differ, he went off at half time and was replaced by Disley, that's when the improvement came.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 113
forza ivano
July 28, 2014, 5:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,218
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from jonnyboy82

ye maybe paul and doig should give the worksop manager a ring to see why they decided he was excrement too.

just shows that maybe you should engage brain before opening mouth . here is a couple of quotes from mark shaw, who is the workop manager,
'Against Skelmersdale I thought we were in control until Craig Clay went off injured', which tends to suggest he was quite an influential player

Players are waiting for me to give them the okay on finances, players like Alex Pursehouse, Jon Stewart, Craig Clay, Nicky Travis, Jack Barnett – players better than you’d expect at the level we’re going into.”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 113
Madeleymariner
July 28, 2014, 5:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from TonySmith
Seriously, slagging off new signings before the season starts and a single ball has been kicked that counts for anything?! Welcome to Grimsby, boys.

But he has kicked the ball several times in 4 matches now for us, and although I have not seen him virtually every one that has (inc fans at former clubs) says he is not good enough. So I don't understand why he was signed. They may as well have kept Charlesworth on for another year, at least he was a local lad has more time to improve, and he certainly did ok  on his odd appearances for us as a back up to the backups.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 113
grimsby pete
July 28, 2014, 5:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from cannylad68

At the end of a very decent career.

He had a few good years at Scunny,

My quote was meant to be a joke !

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 113
LH
July 28, 2014, 5:43pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,534
Gold Stars: 173
Welcome to GTFC, ya excrement illegitimates!

How many of the above whingers have ever said we have the best fans in non league I wonder...
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 113
Caesar
July 28, 2014, 5:43pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from Hagrid
disgusting from a so called fan, yeah maybe you dont like what you've seen from clay, but jesus christ he's a town player and you should get behind him for the sake of the team

THIS a few hundred times!

Seriously a player has signed and your first reaction is to lay into our manager for the signing and slag the player off! Don't pretend the original post was fair criticism, it is borderline trolling and the kind of reaction that makes me think John Fenty (aka get your facts right) is correct in saying negative fan reaction has an effect on signings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 113
forza ivano
July 28, 2014, 5:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,218
Gold Stars: 266
not true to say that nobody else has rated him .her's a long thread from chesterfield fans from about 18 months ago

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=42639&st=0

positive comments from john sheridan in there as well. maybe it's a confidence thing with clay;doesn't seem to have been given much of a chance elsewhere. not saying he's a world beater but the positive comments in that thread seem to suggest that there's a decent player in there somewhere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 113
pontoonlew
July 28, 2014, 5:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,051
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Vance Warner
Some people need a dose of reality. People were complaining that we hadn't signed anyone for a while, now they are complaining that we have. People were slagging off Jennings when it looked like we might sign him and are singing his praises now he's at Wrexham. Can't see a problem with signing a 22 year old on low wages for a year - not much to lose. The bottom line is we have one of the best squads in the division on paper so lets see what happens and get behind them. Classic GY mentality = only happy when moaning about something.

Are you suggesting people should be happy no matter what we sign and just get on with it? From what I can see on here from the last few years, is the 'negative' posters very very often being proven right. Now ask yourself, are they being negative because they want something to moan at? Or are they being negative because they love the club and see some really stupid decisions being made.

Just because they support the club, doesn't mean they don't have a right to question a decision whether it be on the pitch or off the pitch, that they believe isn't right? Questioning decisions is far too seen as 'negative' and never seen for what it usually is, a want for us to improve.

I personally don't believe Hurst's signings or tactics will ever take us up. Does that mean I will stop travelling 400 miles in a round trip for a home game? Or not vocally support the side? Not a chance. Or by not being happy with our signings, is that a personal attack on the players themselves? No, it's more of a gripe with Hurst himself who since taking the reins on his own has done more bad than good in the transfer market.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 113
Garth
July 28, 2014, 5:55pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from forza ivano
not true to say that nobody else has rated him .her's a long thread from chesterfield fans from about 18 months ago

positive comments from john sheridan in there as well. maybe it's a confidence thing with clay;doesn't seem to have been given much of a chance elsewhere. not saying he's a world beater but the positive comments in that thread seem to suggest that there's a decent player in there somewhere

Perhaps we have not seen the best of him yet, according to that thread
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 113
TonySmith
July 28, 2014, 5:58pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 11

I know this link is 18 months old, but everyone should read through it. It might even make you think that perhaps Paul Hurst knows what he's doing!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 113
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Absolutly shocking

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.