forza ivano
July 29, 2014, 11:26am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,220
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from mariner91

He told you in that post if you bothered to read it properly.

thank you mariner.

where's ffs when you need him?

ffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 113
jonnyboy82
July 29, 2014, 11:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from mariner91

He told you in that post if you bothered to read it properly.

I know , I was asking him what he based his opinion on ?

Has he seen him play ?

Has he seen in him in any friendlies ?

Or is it just opinions from over 2 years ago and the worksop manager wanting to keep him because he played well against skelmersdale.

If you want to join in at least have some knowledge about it.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 113
biggles9999
July 29, 2014, 11:43am
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Has he seen him play ?

Or is it just opinions from over 2 years ago and the worksop manager wanting to keep him because he played well against skelmersdale.

And he has also said that he doesnt have an opinion on the guy at the moment until hes seen him play. Only that he cant be as bad as is made out based on the available opinions of others at other clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 113
forza ivano
July 29, 2014, 11:44am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,220
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Has he seen him play ?

'ps i have never said i know anything about him -i've merely said that there is evidence that he might not be the complete crock of shiite that you've obviously decided he is'

which bit of this don't you understand?

anyway that's my last word on the subject.i'll base my judgement on what i see in the league and trophy. i can be bothered to waste my time with people who can't, or won't, read what other posters write
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 113
horsforthmariner
July 29, 2014, 11:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,633
Gold Stars: 9
Can you imagine what it would have been like if the fishy had been around in the nineties - I can imagine the posts for example on - "why are we wasting money on a 35 year old Halifax reserve"

Let's give the guy a chance he may well turn into a little diamond
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 113
jonnyboy82
July 29, 2014, 11:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from forza ivano

'ps i have never said i know anything about him -i've merely said that there is evidence that he might not be the complete crock of shiite that you've obviously decided he is'

which bit of this don't you understand?

anyway that's my last word on the subject.i'll base my judgement on what i see in the league and trophy. i can be bothered to waste my time with people who can't, or won't, read what other posters write

What you really mean is I can't be arsed if they don't agree with me .

Later!

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 113
Garth
July 29, 2014, 11:57am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from biggles9999

And he has also said that he doesnt have an opinion on the guy at the moment until hes seen him play. Only that he cant be as bad as is made out based on the available opinions of others at other clubs.

I also read the link to other clubs supporters, and agree that was a fair comment to make, we are all getting a bit tense pre the mighty Sunderland match, 3-0 to Town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 113
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 29, 2014, 11:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,847
Gold Stars: 178
Can't wait til he starts playing competitVely!!!!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 113
northbankmariner
July 29, 2014, 12:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Quoted from horsforthmariner
Can you imagine what it would have been like if the fishy had been around in the nineties - I can imagine the posts for example on - "why are we wasting money on a 35 year old Halifax reserve"

Let's give the guy a chance he may well turn into a little diamond

Spot on, made me chuckle  

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 113
chicaneuk
July 29, 2014, 1:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
I absolutely have no opinion on the team until I see them playing, against competing teams, in the same league as us... so when the season actually starts. Transfer news, friendlies, rumours, signings really mean nothing until we're actually kicking a ball in games that actually count.

No disrespect intended to the original poster who says he's supported town for 50 years - I admire that commitment and can say it's been tough even as someone who's only followed town for 5 or so years, but it seems the most disillusioned folks on here (including the OP) are those that are long term supporters who've seen the glory days for town, and struggle to accept the position of the club now. For me, as someone who never knew the glory days, I think we're doing the best we can with limited revenues in this crap league. We're making some good signings, and a have a loyal fan base who travel far to a lot of games across the country - so many clubs in this league would envy what we have.

The players looked burned out and lacked passion towards the end of last season but I believe all those involved want the club to succeed and I really do believe Paul Hurst will get us out of this league eventually.. hopefully this season. We just need to give them our support (financially and morally) to make that happen - not going to games, or cancelling your season ticket only serves to shoot yourself in the foot surely?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 113
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Absolutly shocking

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.