Marinerz93
July 28, 2014, 11:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from geir

Thank you! Great to be back with all these dedicated fans. I have missed it. And I sure am 100% Norwegian and 100% a Town fan. I don`t even bother to follow a team in the Premier League as many do. It is all Town!
I know about Fenty`s alleged comment and I`m wondering: Do people really expect Messi signing up for the club? Yes, I am as disappointed as the other guy that he isn`t, but I guess it is time for a reality check - no matter what is supposedly said.
I think the most important thing in this coming season will be to make Blundell Park a Fortress. A place the opposition players fear because the twelfth player - the fans of Grimsby Town - are behind the players from the first to the last minute. It really does matter! In my job, the end result is always better when my boss is cheering me on rather than shouting insults in my general direction. I get more motivated, and I think that works about the same for the players doing their job.
So I really hope anyone going will make a lot of positive noise there instead of slagging people off here before they`ve even had the chance to prove themselves.
I think you feel the same way, too!

Good points Geir.

I think that the player who some aren't happy about will only be a bit part player, filling in were needed.  Some players come into their own when they are given time and Hurst may have seen that.  I will give any player who wears Town's colours my full support.  It is down to every player to give us something to be proud of, they just need to make the most of their opportunities when given the chance.

I also think that the frustration of being in non league is showing more each season.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 113
Grimal
July 29, 2014, 12:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from mariner tommy

I have replied to the highlighted text in your post, having read it again, it is still relevant.

You stated that he showed improvement in the game against Mansfield, he didn't.

UTM

If you have been to all the preseason games as I have, you would have noticed Clay played better in the 45 minutes he played against Mansfield than in his previous games. Nothing to do with "we improved when Disley came on".

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 113
Grimal
July 29, 2014, 12:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from jonnyboy82

He didn't ,some on here will just like to think he did.

We only improved in midfield when disley came.

I'm saying Clay showed improvement in the Mansfield game, to what we had seen from him in the other matches .  I've made no mention about how we,the team improved when Disley came on. I am only talking about Clay for Christ sake.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 113
ackomariner
July 29, 2014, 4:59am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from chaos33

There's a clear difference between 'slagging off' and giving a critical, informed and honest opinion based upon seeing a player in action first hand though. It's wrong that people should be publicly disrespectful or abusive to a new player, but it's quite another thing to state that you simply don't think the player is very good/up to standard etc.

Some people on this board (not you Barra) confuse critical analysis and just call it all negativity or moaning. These are probably the types who seem quite happy with mediocrity and scraping our way through season after season, hoping to drag our @rses into the play offs, only to get embarrassed. Bit of a generalisation? Don't like or agree with it? Don't be so negative. Stop 'bashing' other people for their views.  

Spot on for me this post

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 113
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 29, 2014, 7:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from barralad

So where do you stand on slagging off a Town player before a ball has been kicked in anger?

Why would you stand on him?? The fishy us just as good for ripping into unknown players, and you can do it from the comfort of your own home

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 113
jonnyboy82
July 29, 2014, 10:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from forza ivano

I despair. You originally posted that Doig n hurst should contact the Worksop manager who could tell them how Shiite clay was.well, my post just goes to prove the Worksop boss did not think he was Shiite, in fact he thought quite the reverse. So it's not a case of taking the moral high ground, it's just a matter of pointing out the facts rather than a load of bloody nonsense as posted by you. As I said try engaging brain before posting and try finding out evidence to back up your claims

The lad started at chesterfield then to York then on to Halifax, barrow then on to worksop , the evidence is that the player has declined to lower levels than us.

The fact is he has not been very good in any of the games and I think he is a poor signing after seeing him and getting feedback of fans of his previous clubs who as much as you might not like it actually know more about him than you do.

You have your opinion I have mine and just because it doesn't agree with yours it doesn't mean its wrong.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 113
jonnyboy82
July 29, 2014, 10:18am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Ah the old moral high ground get out clause again!

So everyone who disagrees with you is somehow moralising-not just making their opinion known on a public message board. You imagined victims of the moral majority need to get a grip on real life....

But your opinion is if you don't agree with mine then you are wrong.

You only crawl out to give it the big un to certain posters who don't agree with your opinion..

And comparing peoples opinions on a message board to sugggesting people need to get a grip on real life is just silly from you again in fact probably your best one yet.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 113
forza ivano
July 29, 2014, 10:50am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,216
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from jonnyboy82

The lad started at chesterfield then to York then on to Halifax, barrow then on to worksop , the evidence is that the player has declined to lower levels than us.

The fact is he has not been very good in any of the games and I think he is a poor signing after seeing him and getting feedback of fans of his previous clubs who as much as you might not like it actually know more about him than you do.

You have your opinion I have mine and just because it doesn't agree with yours it doesn't mean its wrong.

i repeat - you said that the worksop manager said he was shiite. you have NO evidence to back that claim up, in fact all the evidence points to exactly the opposite i.e that shaw rated the lad. furthermore there is a very long thread from chesterfield fans, nearly every one being positive as to his abilities and potential. i've still to read the threads from fans of previous clubs who are slagging him off. if you're going to make statements as to his ability at least base it on some evidence. i
ps i have never said i know anything about him -i've merely said that there is evidence that he might not be the complete crock of shiite that you've obviously decided he is
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 113
jonnyboy82
July 29, 2014, 11:01am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

i repeat - you said that the worksop manager said he was shiite. you have NO evidence to back that claim up, in fact all the evidence points to exactly the opposite i.e that shaw rated the lad. furthermore there is a very long thread from chesterfield fans, nearly every one being positive as to his abilities and potential. i've still to read the threads from fans of previous clubs who are slagging him off. if you're going to make statements as to his ability at least base it on some evidence. i
ps i have never said i know anything about him -i've merely said that there is evidence that he might not be the complete crock of shiite that you've obviously decided he is

Go on the York forum or the conference forum search for Craig clay and you will find your answer.

What evidence are you basing your opinion on ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 113
mariner91
July 29, 2014, 11:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,673
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Go on the York forum or the conference forum search for Craig clay and you will find your answer.

What evidence are you basing your opinion on ?

He told you in that post if you bothered to read it properly.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 113
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Absolutly shocking

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.