forza ivano
July 28, 2014, 4:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,216
Gold Stars: 266

From what i have seen pre season, Pittman looks like he cant be arsed already

That flies in the face of what every other poster on here has said about Pittman.
it also contradicts what i was told about pittman, from someone who has played with him for several years, and whose opinion i would trust implicitly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 113
jonnyboy82
July 28, 2014, 4:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from forza ivano

From what i have seen pre season, Pittman looks like he cant be arsed already

That flies in the face of what every other poster on here has said about Pittman.
it also contradicts what i was told about pittman, from someone who has played with him for several years, and whose opinion i would trust implicitly

pittman will be a quality striker in this league.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 113
cannylad68
July 28, 2014, 4:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from grimsby pete

WHAT !!!!!!   He ended up at Scunthorpe  

At the end of a very decent career.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 113
Vance Warner
July 28, 2014, 4:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,814
Gold Stars: 105
Some people need a dose of reality. People were complaining that we hadn't signed anyone for a while, now they are complaining that we have. People were slagging off Jennings when it looked like we might sign him and are singing his praises now he's at Wrexham. Can't see a problem with signing a 22 year old on low wages for a year - not much to lose. The bottom line is we have one of the best squads in the division on paper so lets see what happens and get behind them. Classic GY mentality = only happy when moaning about something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 113
oldun
July 28, 2014, 4:47pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
It is not necessarily a case of "slagging players off" as you put it. I have nothing against any of them personally, but I do have an opinion from a footballing point of view and I feel free to express my disappointment at the signings. However now they are with us I will not hurl abuse at any of them. I hope they turn out to be good for us. Paul has made his decision and it is up to him and his colleagues to get the best out of them. I wish them well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 113
lobsterpot
July 28, 2014, 4:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Forza, again, in my opinion, the main thing i noticed about our strike force VS Donny was that Lenny was here, there and everywhere and Pittman was always stood jockeying on the halfway line. I can honestly only remember him going at it once at the near post and the defender getting a block in for a corner. I am not lieing. Nor am i making it up, It happened and i can only apologise if my comments do not meet with whatever the next bloke is saying.

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 113
Grimal
July 28, 2014, 5:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from jonnyboy82

ye maybe paul and doig should give the worksop manager a ring to see why they decided he was excrement too.

Can you show us where the Worksop manager decided he is sh1te. Perhaps just didn't fit in to his plans.I will say though Clay is a young lad and he did show improvement in the game against Mansfield.Give the lad a chance. I'm happy with the Pittman signing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 113
TonySmith
July 28, 2014, 5:19pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 11
Seriously, slagging off new signings before the season starts and a single ball has been kicked that counts for anything?! Welcome to Grimsby, boys.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 113
MuddyWaters
July 28, 2014, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,266
Gold Stars: 236
I'll wait till I've seen him play before I pass judgement - as should everyone else!
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 113
Youngy
July 28, 2014, 5:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,663
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from denni266
Cant believe Hurst has wasted money on signing Clay, imo Hurst should have gone months ago ,  Cannot believe he has been backed in this signing. No wonder we are non league

So let me get this straight, lets ignore he's signed exciting players like Toto, Mackreth, Arnold and Brown and crucify the manager for making ONE signing who you don't really agree with?

Get a grip mate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 113
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Absolutly shocking

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.