chaos33
July 28, 2014, 9:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,939
Gold Stars: 360

No no no!

You do not make things better by artificially hiding things.

Things are not good at GTFC.

The club (well Fenty really) are taking us for mugs.

We are a big club in a ridiculously low position, and we cannot attract an obvious goalscoring striker if our life depended on it.

We are not trying hard enough!!

If we were serious about promotion don't you think we could have bought a couple of players to scare the opposition? We have to finish TOP to go up unless we get lucky in the play off lottery.

Over a decade of spectacular failure and your answer is to close the Fishy?

Getyourfactsright if it is him, needs to know we are not happy. Not happy at all with him.

I will be cheering the team on as ever hoping we can do it, but the owner must realize that when you have the privelege of owning a professional club which is part and parcel of the community it serves, with a rich history, it simply cannot be run as a personal plaything.

We need progress, intent, ambition and a drive to succeed in a very harsh footballing world - it takes a lot of money and a top notch management team to make it work and that is up to one man - does he "get it" or does he hope against hope it might work with the modest aspirations he seems to have?

And no I don't have the money to put where my mouth is; If I did I wouldn't sink it into any football club, but Fenty chose to. It is a big responsibility, but he must be absolutely single minded about getting us back into League football as a MINIMUM requirement and I simply dont see that attitude from the club.  

That, is spot on.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 113
chaos33
July 28, 2014, 9:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I don't think that people are so much critical of this lad personally as expressing their disappointment with the quality of signings in general. There was a bit of a lift after the first 2 or 3 especially when JF was talking about hair on end and the manager was talking about irons in the fire over a new striker. Expectations were lifted and now they seem to have been dashed. Supporters naturally put 2 and 2 together to make 5 and start to think that JF's promises that money is not an issue is simply not true. They see targets that looked to be in our reach going to rival clubs and they get disillusioned.

It is easy to say real fans shouldn't. It is easy to say real fans should get behind new signings no matter who they are. But fans are the people paying for the privilege of watching their team and if they think their club is lacking the ambition to improve year on year then they are going to say so. Unfortunately this young lad is the victim, the wrong player at the wrong time in the eyes of a good many.

I hope he does well for his own sake, nobody deserves to be personally shot at before they have hardly kicked a ball in anger. But I also think the criticism of the manager and his employer is justified and I will carry on thinking that until they prove otherwise by keeping their word over quality signings.

Good balanced post as usual.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 113
ackomariner
July 28, 2014, 10:01pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from GyMariner
I think the Fishy should close over the summer to prevent all this nonsense and give the moaners a break from moaning. They obviously have no clue on some things. It really progresses from a 'debate' or an 'opinion' into something much worse before a ball is even kicked, often personal. It should then re-open for the first game of the season so the players have a way of defending themselves and at least most of the disscussion can be based on facts.

Think those that have no clue on some things, were proved right last season  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 113
grimsby pete
July 28, 2014, 10:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from wodewick
I am more shocked about the obvious lack of education today especially spelling.

Welcome Clay.

Yes welcome Clay,

I am shocked at the spelling on here as well it's Absolutly shocking  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 113
barralad
July 28, 2014, 10:52pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Against skelmersdale !

Yes he might have been influential.

You have your opinion I have mine the difference is you think yours has the moral high ground and is more important.

Ah the old moral high ground get out clause again!

So everyone who disagrees with you is somehow moralising-not just making their opinion known on a public message board. You imagined victims of the moral majority need to get a grip on real life....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 113
barralad
July 28, 2014, 10:58pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from forza ivano

I despair. You originally posted that Doig n hurst should contact the Worksop manager who could tell them how Shiite clay was.well, my post just goes to prove the Worksop boss did not think he was Shiite, in fact he thought quite the reverse. So it's not a case of taking the moral high ground, it's just a matter of pointing out the facts rather than a load of bloody nonsense as posted by you. As I said try engaging brain before posting and try finding out evidence to back up your claims

Ooh I fear the "your reply is condescending" weapon is being rolled out for use.......

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 113
barralad
July 28, 2014, 11:00pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from ackomariner

Think those that have no clue on some things, were proved right last season  

So where do you stand on slagging off a Town player before a ball has been kicked in anger?

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 113
Marinerz93
July 28, 2014, 11:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from geir

No, please don`t close the forum! I have recently discovered that this excellent forum is back and have rejoined proceedings today.

What I don`t understand is, after some excellent signings this summer, why so many people are doom and gloom over one signing that may or may not be of the same quality as the rest. One man can`t destroy Grimsbys season by himself, so please lighten up.

In Paul Hurst I trust! Personally I think he`s the best manager we`ve had since that bald school-teacher! Support the team!!!

Great to see you back geir, if I remember rightly you are Norwegian aren't you.  

Some of the negativity with the recent signing is due to a misquote / taken out of context comment from John Fenty to the local press.  The local press claimed John Fenty said that the new signings will make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.

John Fenty did not challenge this publication and fans got excited expecting a quality signing/signings that would more or less make us unstoppable.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 113
geir
July 28, 2014, 11:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Marinerz93

Great to see you back geir, if I remember rightly you are Norwegian aren't you.  

Some of the negativity with the recent signing is due to a misquote / taken out of context comment from John Fenty to the local press.  The local press claimed John Fenty said that the new signings will make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.

John Fenty did not challenge this publication and fans got excited expecting a quality signing/signings that would more or less make us unstoppable.

Thank you! Great to be back with all these dedicated fans. I have missed it. And I sure am 100% Norwegian and 100% a Town fan. I don`t even bother to follow a team in the Premier League as many do. It is all Town!
I know about Fenty`s alleged comment and I`m wondering: Do people really expect Messi signing up for the club? Yes, I am as disappointed as the other guy that he isn`t, but I guess it is time for a reality check - no matter what is supposedly said.
I think the most important thing in this coming season will be to make Blundell Park a Fortress. A place the opposition players fear because the twelfth player - the fans of Grimsby Town - are behind the players from the first to the last minute. It really does matter! In my job, the end result is always better when my boss is cheering me on rather than shouting insults in my general direction. I get more motivated, and I think that works about the same for the players doing their job.
So I really hope anyone going will make a lot of positive noise there instead of slagging people off here before they`ve even had the chance to prove themselves.
I think you feel the same way, too!

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 113
chaos33
July 28, 2014, 11:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

So where do you stand on slagging off a Town player before a ball has been kicked in anger?

There's a clear difference between 'slagging off' and giving a critical, informed and honest opinion based upon seeing a player in action first hand though. It's wrong that people should be publicly disrespectful or abusive to a new player, but it's quite another thing to state that you simply don't think the player is very good/up to standard etc.

Some people on this board (not you Barra) confuse critical analysis and just call it all negativity or moaning. These are probably the types who seem quite happy with mediocrity and scraping our way through season after season, hoping to drag our @rses into the play offs, only to get embarrassed. Bit of a generalisation? Don't like or agree with it? Don't be so negative. Stop 'bashing' other people for their views.  

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 113
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Absolutly shocking

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.