jonnyboy82
July 28, 2014, 6:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from forza ivano

just shows that maybe you should engage brain before opening mouth . here is a couple of quotes from mark shaw, who is the workop manager,
'Against Skelmersdale I thought we were in control until Craig Clay went off injured', which tends to suggest he was quite an influential player

Players are waiting for me to give them the okay on finances, players like Alex Pursehouse, Jon Stewart, Craig Clay, Nicky Travis, Jack Barnett – players better than you’d expect at the level we’re going into.”

Against skelmersdale !

Yes he might have been influential.

You have your opinion I have mine the difference is you think yours has the moral high ground and is more important.

GTFC
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 113
Grimal
July 28, 2014, 6:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from mariner tommy

Sorry but I beg to differ, he went off at half time and was replaced by Disley, that's when the improvement came.

UTM

Read my post again MarinerTommy and then reply to what I stated.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 113
Vance Warner
July 28, 2014, 6:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,815
Gold Stars: 105
Are you suggesting people should be happy no matter what we sign and just get on with it? - No you don't have to be happy but you don't have to start a thread entitled 'Absolutely shocking' either. I can't understand how anyone can be so annoyed with signing a player who is 22 and has only made a few pre season appearances.

Now ask yourself, are they being negative because they want something to moan at? It would seem so in a lot of cases.

Just because they support the club, doesn't mean they don't have a right to question a decision whether it be on the pitch or off the pitch, that they believe isn't right? Questioning decisions is far too seen as 'negative' and never seen for what it usually is, a want for us to improve. How is a thread entitled 'absolutely shocking' about two unproven players going to help us improve?

I personally don't believe Hurst's signings or tactics will ever take us up. Does that mean I will stop travelling 400 miles in a round trip for a home game? Or not vocally support the side? Not a chance. Or by not being happy with our signings, is that a personal attack on the players themselves? When you post it on an internet message board and question their ability to do their job then yes it is.

No, it's more of a gripe with Hurst himself who since taking the reins on his own has done more bad than good in the transfer market. Opinion not fact.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 113
Abdul19
July 28, 2014, 6:21pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,575
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Against skelmersdale !

Yes he might have been influential.

But no-one questioned the standard of opponent when Bogle was being talked about?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 113
mariner tommy
July 28, 2014, 6:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,871
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Grimal

Read my post again MarinerTommy and then reply to what I stated.

I have replied to the highlighted text in your post, having read it again, it is still relevant.

You stated that he showed improvement in the game against Mansfield, he didn't.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 113
jonnyboy82
July 28, 2014, 6:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from mariner tommy

I have replied to the highlighted text in your post, having read it again, it is still relevant.

You stated that he showed improvement in the game against Mansfield, he didn't.

UTM

He didn't ,some on here will just like to think he did.

We only improved in midfield when disley came.

GTFC
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 113
Stevie Saunders
July 28, 2014, 6:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Madeley Mariner: every one that has (inc fans at former clubs) says he is not good enough. So I don't understand why he was signed.

So.....we sign players now on the basis of whether a few fans express their approval or disapproval about a player???
Hurst HAS signed him because after watching him in 2/3 matches he has made the decision to sign him.
Hurst is an ex-player, more informed and experienced than 99% of posters on here, so why the hell can;t he bel left to do what he is emplyed to do
I remember Danny Butterfield getting slagged off mercilessly several years ago and he didn't do too bad when he left for better things; so.....the opinion of a 'professional' football man as to Butterfield's ability WAS of more value than a few fans who had nothing better to do than slag him off - largely, if I remember, cos he 'didn't get stuck in' (usual ill-informed footy fans code for 'loses control of the ball, dives in two-footed to get it back, gets sent off, but proves he must be a man).

Hurst is the manager - he makes the 'ballsy' decisions to sign or not sign a player - and he lives and dies by that decision.

A few people on here thought Ironside looked OK - should Hurst have signed him then???

We all have a right to express our views but some people on here seem to think what they say is FACT when it is only opinion

I despair sometimes - give the manager some credit and the young lad some support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 113
lobsterpot
July 28, 2014, 6:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
How many players have we seen in pre season come and go, wether they looked world beaters but were cack or look shite but surprise us all? Let's just see how they get on when it comes to the big boys games and get behind them. That's pretty much all we can do and hopefully it will spur them on to take us to the promised land (Bury, Crewe etc).

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 113
Hagrid
July 28, 2014, 6:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,448
Gold Stars: 536
i know this may sound like a stupid statement but this thread has really drunk me off, yeah everyones entitled to an opinion but to call a lad of 22 who clearly just wants to have a football career really gets to me, Yeah i take on board the reasons, could have been invested elsewhere, could be better out there, we arent the manager, its not for us to say whos shite and whos not, Really hoping craig does well here, he clearly has something about him if the comments on chesterfields forum are anything to go by, maybe all he needs is a bit of backing? as said i respect others opinions on the matter but to put a thread like this before he has even kicked a ball in a competitive game for us is mind boggling and extremely harsh. UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 113
fiveallive
July 28, 2014, 7:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I haven't seen Craig Clay play, but i think people are getting hung up on the fact he played for Worksop last. He left York City the same day Jamal Fyfield left so Worksop was a deal to keep himself ticking over to the end of the season. I will pass judgement when i see him play but he hasn't had full pre season and he does add a bit of height in midfield we have a better all round midfield with Disley, Brown, Paddy and now Clay. We have a lot more threat from corners with the likes of Clay, Pearson, Nsiala, Brown can hit them from outside.

Clay also good for the FA Trophy games aswell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 113
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Absolutly shocking

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.