14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
August 13, 2011, 5:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
About 20 years ago i was in Pier 39 and thought to myself "what the intercourse am i doing in here" and i never went again.Had that same feeeling at BP today watching a totally toothless,inept,urine poor team playing the same old boring hit and hope footy and never looking like they'll score if they played all weekend.

Fleetwood,yes Fleetwood,were better in every single department.

Bored and disillusioned with the whole GTFC thing now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
August 13, 2011, 5:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings
About 20 years ago i was in Pier 39 and thought to myself "what the intercourse am i doing in here" and i never went again.Had that same feeeling at BP today watching a totally toothless,inept,urine poor team playing the same old boring hit and hope footy and never looking like they'll score if they played all weekend.

Fleetwood,yes Fleetwood,were better in every single department.

Bored and disillusioned with the whole GTFC thing now.

I always think your reports  are a very fair reflection of how the game went ginny,

This sounds bad,

BUT

I will be at Braintree and hope to see a big big improvement.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 134
gary_elton
August 13, 2011, 5:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
There's always Scrabble on facebook....  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 134
aldi_01
August 13, 2011, 5:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I thunk our performance appeared worse because true disgrace of a team we played.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 134
ginnywings
August 13, 2011, 5:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from aldi_01
I thunk our performance appeared worse because true disgrace of a team we played.

They outplayed us pure and simple.You can blame the ref or their spoiling tactics but they only started when Brodie came on.They were already leading then and we were never going to get back in the game.We made their keeper dive once,the whole 90 mins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 134
August 13, 2011, 5:23pm
Guest User
same feeling here! although to be fair can see this team getting a lot better, we was totally outplayed first half fleetwood bullied us, 2nd half a lot better even with a week ref going against us, serge best player for town , i would definetley start with spencer up front for next game. Fleetwood looked good today if they walk the league we will be lookinhg at play offs, otherwise mid table mediocrity just as bookies predicted. I thought crowd was good today getting behind the team although for a so called big club the gate was poor! expect 3000 crowds if things dont improve. up the mariners.
Reply: 5 - 134
AndyGTFC
August 13, 2011, 5:27pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Our performance wasn't THAT bad. There was a lack of quality, yeah, we didn't create many clear cut chances but you definitely you couldn't fault the effort. We absolutely dominated possession in the second half and both of their goals came on the break, the second in the last minute of the game when we were pushing for the equaliser.

You could tell Fleetwood were a good side in the first half, the second half they didn't really do much other than score their goals and do their upmost to unsettle our players. They were an absolute disgrace, the dirty illegitimates were committing fouls left, right and centre and the referee did nothing to stop them.  

On the positive side, Makofo was very lively, they couldn't deal with him at all and he's gonna cause teams a hell of a lot of problems this season if he plays like that.

Anyway, don't start moaning too much already. It's the first game and we were playing the league favourites. Onwards and upwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 134
Super Clive
August 13, 2011, 5:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Just got back, wel what can I say It looked like a new team Playing there first competitive game.

Never even looked like scoring, both teams was pretty excrement

I won't look to much into it, First game and all that balderdash .

Elding, Great replacement
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 134
craigy
August 13, 2011, 5:30pm
Upper Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +92
they were very dirty and the ref was a disgrace, plus how can ther keeper kick the ball outside his area and not get punished? linesmen and ref are jokes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 134
Mighty_Mariner
August 13, 2011, 5:34pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,246
Gold Stars: 10
On that showing there are 2 people that should never be allowed on a football pitch again... The referee and Anthony Elding! The other way to look at it is we are bottom of the league and the only way is up!!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 134
14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.