This thread currently has 13,469 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
cleemaddog
August 13, 2011, 6:01pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Quoted from Sane Mariner

You are kidding right??? We were awful today, outplayed and out battled - could have played all day and not scored! Only one game in but I saw nothing today that made me think this season is going to be any better than last.

No, all last season and the season before I sat and watched us get out played and out muscled. at least with the energy levels high and players wanting to play for the team and wear the shirt with a bit of pride not just take the money at the end of the week. the glass is def half full.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 134
AdamHaddock
August 13, 2011, 6:04pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,842
Gold Stars: 26
Changes needed for Tuesday. Wood, Artus and Spencer in for Silk, Makofo and Elding.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 134
ticker_1610
August 13, 2011, 6:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
I thought thanoj struggled to get in the game for long periods, coulson offered very little threat as a right winger and we failed to physically stand up and be counted. If Church isn't fit then we need someone in CM with Disley. We need to get people defending like Fleetwood did using their bodies and uncompromising solid tackles. It's got to be between person kempson and garner. Ridley was steady and Silk tackled but not convinced by him yet! But it's early days and we are a new side of players!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 134
findusrich
August 13, 2011, 6:06pm
Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from cleemaddog
Town were a better side today than they were all last season,that includes the two drubbings we gave out. The only thing i wanted was for someone to break that fat womens private at the back. Never seen such an obvious candidate for twit of the week.
The future looks bright for Town especially with the management duo. think they have got it right. good effort from the boys.
Last season i came home after every match and swore i would never go again but kept punishing myself in the hope it would get better, i believe we are on the way now.
you sure ? this time last year we beat the future league champions !!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 134
Sane Mariner
August 13, 2011, 6:08pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Quoted from cleemaddog

No, all last season and the season before I sat and watched us get out played and out muscled. at least with the energy levels high and players wanting to play for the team and wear the shirt with a bit of pride not just take the money at the end of the week. the glass is def half full.

Thats exactly what I watched today - us getting outplayed and out muscled! And I found the end of game rollocking on the pitch cringeworthy!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 134
cleemaddog
August 13, 2011, 6:09pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from findusrich
you sure ? this time last year we beat the future league champions !!!!!!!

And we ended up where?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 134
cleemaddog
August 13, 2011, 6:15pm
Shandy Drinker
didnt see the end of match bollocking. If that happened thats bad. ask Phil Brown, don't think he ever recovered the dressing room after that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 134
findusrich
August 13, 2011, 6:19pm
Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from cleemaddog

And we ended up where?
having won the first game we finished mid table.This year having lost the first game .......? unless this new squad can produce miracles under the guidance of S and H!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 134
codhead91
August 13, 2011, 6:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Regardless of the poor officiating or the misconduct of several Fleetwood players, we were poor. Not big enough, not strong enough and also not creative enough. One shot on target all game. Got very little pace in the team, especially at the back. Elding tried hard without the ball, but did precious little with it.
Makofo played well, but in my opinion is Akpro mk.2.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 134
maxfox44
August 13, 2011, 6:27pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
I'd hoped that we might have been a bit more streetwise this season.  Not suggesting we should drop to the level of today's visitors btw.

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 134
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.