Just back

This thread currently has 13,467 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
August 14, 2011, 2:52am
Guest User
Interesting thoughts....

Quoted from Lew19
but as we bought elding the managers have to put there trust in him so if 1 of them is to be dropped it will be hearn.

If Hearn gets dropped in favour of Elding   my first reaction was Fenty needs to give Scott and Hurst their P45's !

But then you made me stop and think by saying Eldings a goal poacher so I will take a deep breath and reserve judgement and guesswork.

Same goes for Spencer too - haven't really seen enough of him to form an informed opinion and both could improve for games.
Reply: 90 - 134
Lew19
August 14, 2011, 3:00am
Pontoon army
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Quoted from 1600
Interesting thoughts....

If Hearn gets dropped in favour of Elding   my first reaction was Fenty needs to give Scott and Hurst their P45's !

But then you made me stop and think by saying Eldings a goal poacher so I will take a deep breath and reserve judgement and guesswork.

Same goes for Spencer too - haven't really seen enough of him to form an informed opinion and both could improve for games.

to be fair elding is proven in this league were as hearn isnt he may have scored 30 od goals for alfreton last season but that was league below elding got promotion with stevenage and had an amazing goal record has he did for stockport hench why he got his chance at leeds although he didnt get anywere there he must have something about him for plymouth to want him? and to say he turned them down for us speaks wounders i think he just needs time and the ball to his feet he will come good be better if he was playing along side spencer has he could feed of spencers knock downs and booom the back of the net rippels

Grimsby till i die!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 134
Roast Em Bobby
August 14, 2011, 8:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,729
Gold Stars: 44
I'm really struggling to see why people are criticising Silk so much. Just watched the highlights on MP and no chances at all came down Silk's side in the first half and he put in a good interception which helped prevent a goal in the first couple of minutes. Wood on the other hand was out of position for their goal, and could have been sent off by picking up their player.

Elding was also let down more than once by Makofo and Hearn when he was in good positions but they both had their heads down and didn't see the pass.

I sense a lot of bandwagon jumping going on in the case of Elding and Silk
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 134
Welwynmariner
August 14, 2011, 9:48am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from codhead91

Makofo played well, but in my opinion is Akpro mk.2.

Akpro scored for Rochdale yesterday two leagues above us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 134
codhead91
August 14, 2011, 10:16am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Quoted from Welwynmariner

Akpro scored for Rochdale yesterday two leagues above us

Makofo, much like Akpro, gets the ball and runs at defenders causing them problems but ultimately lacks much of an end product. I wasn't suggesting that they are of similar abilities, just of similar styles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 134
louth_in_the_south
August 14, 2011, 10:30am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,714
Gold Stars: 96
Fortunately we have managers who aren't going to scared of making changes as and where needed , no player is safe from the chop . I'm sure they will have seen where we failed yesterday and improve things on the pitch. Dont want to slag any players off at such an early stage of the season but wouldn't be surprised to see another couple of signings soon .
Keep the faith

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 134
Lew19
August 14, 2011, 11:16am
Pontoon army
Beer Drinker
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Fortunately we have managers who aren't going to scared of making changes as and where needed , no player is safe from the chop . I'm sure they will have seen where we failed yesterday and improve things on the pitch. Dont want to slag any players off at such an early stage of the season but wouldn't be surprised to see another couple of signings soon .
Keep the faith

i doubt there will be anymore signings with S&H telling connor marshall they can't give him a contract because they dont have the budget to keep him on so if we do sign another player i for one will be very disapointed because we could of gave connor atleast a 6 month contract and maybe gave him a few games and who knows he might of become the next bennett  

Grimsby till i die!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 134
louth_in_the_south
August 14, 2011, 12:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,714
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Lew19

i doubt there will be anymore signings with S&H telling connor marshall they can't give him a contract because they dont have the budget to keep him on so if we do sign another player i for one will be very disapointed because we could of gave connor atleast a 6 month contract and maybe gave him a few games and who knows he might of become the next bennett  

They might not have the budget to keep a young lad on who probably wouldnt have made it anyway but i reckon if they decide they need another 1st team regular they might get their wish . No offence to the young lad connor btw

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 134
mariner91
August 14, 2011, 12:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,777
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Lew19

Why waste much needed cash on a player who would hardly play?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 134
Lew19
August 14, 2011, 1:54pm
Pontoon army
Beer Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Why waste much needed cash on a player who would hardly play?

how can you say they wouldnt play him though tbh look at thanoj not alot of people rated him at youth level but then he gets a contract and is in the starting 11 for the first game and what happens if rids and silk both get injured? we have brad and tbh he doesnt like playing on the left because he has to stop and start his runs to turn with the ball as hes right footed we have no cover for them positions i still think connor should of been given 6 months in case this happens.

Grimsby till i die!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 134
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.