Just back

This thread currently has 13,471 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Matt Mal
August 13, 2011, 6:58pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -2
seen elding play over 20 games, never seen anything 'special'. very very average. would be very suprised if he hits double figures this season...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 134
Matt Mal
August 13, 2011, 6:59pm
Coke Drinker
@biccy, spot on, midfield has looked weak through out pre season, cant understand why wood wasnt put in their to give the much needed steel!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 134
alvinghammariner
August 13, 2011, 7:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Quoted from Matt Mal
@biccy, spot on, midfield has looked weak through out pre season, cant understand why wood wasnt put in their to give the much needed steel!

Silk was injured so he had to fill in at rb, although i thought we could have done with brad in the middle.

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 134
Garth
August 13, 2011, 7:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Matt Mal

Because we wanted to finish with 11 on the field, and as much as I like Bradley he has to learn to be a bit more crafty with his challenges and smile at everyone afterwards  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 134
GG
August 13, 2011, 7:08pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +103
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Biccys
What struck me today was once again we had 2 players in cm that were far too polite and dainty. Neither Thanoj not Disley are going to put crunching takes in to win the ball. All toI often they were crouching down, arms out waiting for the opposition to make a move. Where is the bite, the steel, the aggression in midfield if Wood or Church aren't playing there?

Agreed. Thanoj doesn't seem quite ready yet. If you're lightweight you need to be quick with great vision, he's not there yet.

Exiled Mariner in Folkestone.
[url=http://twitter.com/GaryJJSpate]Twitter?[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 134
Matt Mal
August 13, 2011, 7:09pm
Coke Drinker
Tbh i think the whole team has weaknesses its not like one department we can say is fulfilling its potential, its only one game, but look at pre season, defence looks weak, midfield especially cm lacks imagination as well as steel, and tbh i expected more of our strikers. Perhaps we need to wait until christmas to assess the situation, nevertheless if we intend on promotion, perhaps losing two nil to fleetwood at home is a blow already, for the players, managers, and FANS. Still don't think the guys have found their starting x1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 134
Alkalineroger
August 13, 2011, 7:09pm
Upper Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +61
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Biccys
What struck me today was once again we had 2 players in cm that were far too polite and dainty. Neither Thanoj not Disley are going to put crunching takes in to win the ball. All toI often they were crouching down, arms out waiting for the opposition to make a move. Where is the bite, the steel, the aggression in midfield if Wood or Church aren't playing there?

Agreed, Would artus have been a better choice than thanoj? I would have said so, got involved a lot when he came on, got his boot in a couple of times..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 134
GG
August 13, 2011, 7:10pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
I thought Charlie played well. Got on the end of most headers and was quick getting his foot in to prevent a one on one with the keeper who, I might add, looked pretty good at times. Good performance for our backup keeper.

Logged Offline
Reply: 47 - 134
Biccys
August 13, 2011, 7:14pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Mckeown made me look an bottom to a bloke on the upper. He asked what he was like and I said decent at commanding his box but his kicking is what stands out for me. Much better than Kenny. Then he procedes to scuff a goal kick along the deck and then spoon a moving ball so high it came down with snow on it... He got better though, in his defence! Saved me a bit of face as well!

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 134
GG
August 13, 2011, 7:17pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Biccys
Mckeown made me look an bottom to a bloke on the upper. He asked what he was like and I said decent at commanding his box but his kicking is what stands out for me. Much better than Kenny. Then he procedes to scuff a goal kick along the deck and then spoon a moving ball so high it came down with snow on it... He got better though, in his defence! Saved me a bit of face as well!

He did get better as the game bore on. At times it looked more like a tennis match with the ball going keeper to keeper.

Logged Offline
Reply: 49 - 134
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.