ginnywings
August 13, 2011, 5:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from AndyGTFC
Our performance wasn't THAT bad. There was a lack of quality, yeah, we didn't create many clear cut chances but you definitely you couldn't fault the effort. We absolutely dominated possession in the second half and both of their goals came on the break, the second in the last minute of the game when we were pushing for the equaliser.

You could tell Fleetwood were a good side in the first half, the second half they didn't really do much other than score their goals and do their upmost to unsettle our players. They were an absolute disgrace, the dirty illegitimates were committing fouls left, right and centre and the referee did nothing to stop them.  

On the positive side, Makofo was very lively, they couldn't deal with him at all and he's gonna cause teams a hell of a lot of problems this season if he plays like that.

Anyway, don't start moaning too much already. It's the first game and we were playing the league favourites. Onwards and upwards.

It was THAT bad in my view.

We again looked toothless and not very solid at the back,which is a bad combination.Thought I'Anson looked ok though and Hearn is very strong with the ball at his feet.Pity we persisted in lumping balls in the air.Elding lokked no better than Duffy to me.Makofo had some good runs but no end product.Couldn't see him slotting a neat goal like their left sided player Mangan.

Struggling to find many positives.We again looked second to everything in midfield and it's a problem we can't seem to cure.Thought Thanoj was lost and should have gone off well before he did.Disley had too much to do.Delivery into the box hasn't improved much either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 134
aldi_01
August 13, 2011, 5:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The fat girl private atthw back, Brodie and the ref should never be allowed on a pitch again. Who does Brodie think he is, he strutted around like he was Lionel messi. Unfortunatly for Brodie, messi has more talent in his pines than Brodie ever will. A disgrace of a footballer.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 134
hook line and sinker
August 13, 2011, 5:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
early early days,look at crawley we beat them first game last season!!!
at least we didnt kid ourselves today thinking we are going to walk the league,brings things back down to earth and maybe highlighted a few issues for the team to work on?

didnt go today but sounded like elding doesn't seem interested to put any effort in,artus seemed to liven things up and big damien sounds a threat up top.was a fustrating game to listen too on humberside sounded like we didnt get any further than second gear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 134
AdamHaddock
August 13, 2011, 5:45pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,842
Gold Stars: 26
I hope there was a referees assessor there as that dopey midget and his goofy linesman will be duly transferred to the Zamaretto league by the end of the month. I can't beleive the foulding that was ignored. The most useless referee I've ever seen and there is some real competition for that.

But let's not allow that to mask a feeble performance. We didn't make much use of the ball when we had it. Far too much booting it up in the air without looking up to pick out someone's runs. A few good signs like the fact that we just kept going right until the end. I also liked the was we we're throwing bodies in the way of shots. Apart from that, disappointing.

McKeown 7 Reasonably safe pair of hands but shouldn't have conceded the first goal from that angle .
Silk 5 Poor, gave the ball away and was outpaced. Doesn't get forward and support Coulson
I'anson 8 MOM Won everything in the air and had a good game. I was surprised to see him picked ahead of Peason but he took his chance.
Garner 7 Decent if a bit slow. Unlucky with that overhead kick.
Ridley 6 Far too easily outpaced for the second goal then had a moan at the linesman.
Coulson 7 Worked hard as usual and caused a few problems, just not quite the menace he was at the back end of last season.
Disley 6 Didn't pass the ball around as well as I was expecting. Pretty ineffective
Thanoj 7 Had a decent game and got stuck in.
Makofo 5 I'm sorry but if this guy is a professional footballer then I'm a gingerbreadman. Yes he's a trier and skinned his man a few times but then he just fannies around on the ball until he's ganged up on. Nothing useful actually comes from his boots.
Elding 5 Anonymous. Beaten in the air time and again, not that much better with the ball at his feet.
Hearn 7 Worked hard and, like Coulson, caused problems but was often isolated.

Wood 7 His usual self. Worked hard, supported Coulson well, rattled a few of their players. His trip on Brodie cheered me up.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 134
ginnywings
August 13, 2011, 5:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
early early days,look at crawley we beat them first game last season!!!
at least we didnt kid ourselves today thinking we are going to walk the league,brings things back down to earth and maybe highlighted a few issues for the team to work on?

didnt go today but sounded like elding doesn't seem interested to put any effort in,artus seemed to liven things up and big damien sounds a threat up top.was a fustrating game to listen too on humberside sounded like we didnt get any further than second gear.

The difference being that Crawley battered us and we got lucky.They went on to win the league and it wouldn't surprise me if we have just played the league winners again first game.They seem to have enough skill and aggression to win a lot of games.

Don't know why everyone is bleating about them and their tactics.Fact is they outplayed,outthought and outfought us and you need all that to win this league.They won't be the only team to come here this season and employ the same tactics.The only answer,unless we start the gamesmanship is to outfootball them,but we aint good enough for that as far as i can see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 134
cleemaddog
August 13, 2011, 5:50pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Town were a better side today than they were all last season,that includes the two drubbings we gave out. The only thing i wanted was for someone to break that fat womens private at the back. Never seen such an obvious candidate for twit of the week.
The future looks bright for Town especially with the management duo. think they have got it right. good effort from the boys.
Last season i came home after every match and swore i would never go again but kept punishing myself in the hope it would get better, i believe we are on the way now.
Great noise from the BP massive and a home crowd of 4000+ saw town battle hard against 12 cheaters on the park (14 incl linesmen)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 134
Mighty_Mariner
August 13, 2011, 5:53pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,246
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from cleemaddog
Town were a better side today than they were all last season,that includes the two drubbings we gave out. The only thing i wanted was for someone to break that fat womens private at the back. Never seen such an obvious candidate for twit of the week.
The future looks bright for Town especially with the management duo. think they have got it right. good effort from the boys.
Last season i came home after every match and swore i would never go again but kept punishing myself in the hope it would get better, i believe we are on the way now.
Great noise from the BP massive and a home crowd of 4000+ saw town battle hard against 12 cheaters on the park (14 incl linesmen)

Well said! Onwards and upwards!!!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 134
alvinghammariner
August 13, 2011, 5:54pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
yes the ref was urine poor and they were dirty illegitimates, but it kept me interested (lower findus resident) but that failed to hide our poorness, we created nothing. The centre halves were poor and kept letting the ball bounce! thanoj got bullied and kept getting caught in possession, Elding didn't do much but improved in the second half. On the plus side Makofo was good and hearn will be decent with support. We could really do with a striker that can score from nothing, hmm....  

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 134
hook line and sinker
August 13, 2011, 5:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
games cant come quick enough at the beginning of the season just ads a bit more pressure now for a win at braintree,point will be a good result at newport .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 134
Sane Mariner
August 13, 2011, 5:57pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Quoted from cleemaddog

You are kidding right??? We were awful today, outplayed and out battled - could have played all day and not scored! Only one game in but I saw nothing today that made me think this season is going to be any better than last.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 134
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.