14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
May 24, 2016, 2:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,637
Gold Stars: 261
If this is true then I feel a bit let down by Nolan. His career was nosediving after being in poor Stockport sides, then doing nothing at Lincoln (not his fault arguably but point remains) and not getting a contract at Wrexham. PH put some faith in him, stuck him straight in to the starting eleven and helps him finally get his career back on track. Repays him by buggering off straight away. I know loyalty is a thing of the past but the fact this has come about so soon suggests he's been talking to them for a while at least. Big blow for planning but he's not irreplaceable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 134
Chrisblor
May 24, 2016, 2:07pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,790
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from mariner91
If this is true then I feel a bit let down by Nolan. His career was nosediving after being in poor Stockport sides, then doing nothing at Lincoln (not his fault arguably but point remains) and not getting a contract at Wrexham. PH put some faith in him, stuck him straight in to the starting eleven and helps him finally get his career back on track. Repays him by buggering off straight away. I know loyalty is a thing of the past but the fact this has come about so soon suggests he's been talking to them for a while at least. Big blow for planning but he's not irreplaceable.

I'll wait until it's confirmed he's buggering off before basically agreeing with this.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 134
X
May 24, 2016, 2:10pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +44
Hope these rumours are untrue. I think he could be an important player next season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 134
pontoonlew
May 24, 2016, 2:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
It's as big a blow as losing Podge would be this.

We've taken years to find a midfielder like Nolan, he was MOM in almost every game he played. His inclusion in the midfield in the play offs in a 4-3-3 in my opinion saved our season and won us promotion.

No malice in him trying to further himself. An excellent excellent player and we owe him a huge thanks. Without him I've a feeling this season would've played out differently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 134
oochiad
May 24, 2016, 2:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,716
Gold Stars: 28
Hate rumours, think I'll check in later when the facts have been released.........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 134
diehardmariner
May 24, 2016, 2:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,602
Gold Stars: 538
Anyone who is seriously having a go at any player, not just Nolan, for leaving for a better placed club to earn more money needs to take a serious look at themselves.

It's a job to them. A job in a very short career.
Put yourself in their shoes, you get a short-term contract with a company and at the end of it you've done so well that said company are prepared to give you a longer deal.  However a bigger company with better prospects are now offering you even more money.  

How many on here would stay with the first job?  
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 134
Chrisblor
May 24, 2016, 2:18pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner
Anyone who is seriously having a go at any player, not just Nolan, for leaving for a better placed club to earn more money needs to take a serious look at themselves.

It's a job to them. A job in a very short career.
Put yourself in their shoes, you get a short-term contract with a company and at the end of it you've done so well that said company are prepared to give you a longer deal.  However a bigger company with better prospects are now offering you even more money.  

How many on here would stay with the first job?  

Yeah but nobody arranged an open top bus tour for me when I last got promoted at work

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 134
diehardmariner
May 24, 2016, 2:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,602
Gold Stars: 538
If they did organise an open top bus for you, would it persuade you to stay against a better job with more money?
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 134
jock dock tower
May 24, 2016, 2:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
If it's true thanks for everything, you breathed life into a faltering promotion bid and your endless drive and energy were absolutely essential in getting us back into the Football League. If it's not true, please put pen to paper asap and become part of a drive up the divisions.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 134
Chrisblor
May 24, 2016, 2:20pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Yes because i'm lazy and moving house is a right pain in the bottom

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 134
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nolan to Chesterfield

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.