Rick12
May 24, 2016, 3:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from mariner91

Depends on circumstances. If I'd been performing poorly for a number of years and a company took a punt on me and resurrected my career, truthfully I'd be inclined to stay with them for a little longer at least as a show of gratitude.

You're right that it's a short career and I do genuinely wish him well as he's played a big part in getting us back to the FL. He has absolutely every right to get the most amount of money available to him. I just feel a bit more loyalty to a man who has played a huge part in rescuing your career wouldn't have gone amiss, maybe I'm old fashioned.
My views as well.Was without a club for one reason or another and Hurst took a chance on him as obviously saw something in him.I like to think our fans/objective this season and the history of this club inspired him to show what he was really about as was proved with his excellent performances for us.For myself I was impressed by what I saw and Iam very disappointed he  left us.If we wouldn't have come in for him chances are he wouldn't of got that move.For me he should of stayed that bit longer.Will he be on a lot more at Chesterfield than us I doubt it .Probably the prestige of playing league 1 was what its all about

Having said that like Hurst eternally grateful for playing a big part in getting us back in the league

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 134
Mariner_09
May 24, 2016, 3:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Disappointed by him. Hursty got his career back on track after it was on a downtrail and maybe he should look at Vose at Scunny. Go from Conference to league 1 club and can't get on the bench. Balls to himz

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 134
Ipswin
May 24, 2016, 3:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from pontoonlew
It's as big a blow as losing Podge would be this.

Its much worse, the chances of Amond repeating his goal scoring next season are remote (certainly not 30 or even 20+ I suggest) Nolan has the class to have performed just as well if not better in Div 2 company

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 134
Garth
May 24, 2016, 3:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from golfer
1]   ok Garth

2]  ok Garth

3/  ok  Garth

Everything seems to be working at a snails pace, then rat a tat tat, just like the number 9 bus they all appear at the same time lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 134
MuddyWaters
May 24, 2016, 3:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
Disappointing for sure but he's got the ability to play at a higher level and I'm sure his wages will be at a higher level too. What price loyalty eh, suspect that Podge will follow a similar path tbh.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 134
arryarryarry
May 24, 2016, 3:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,045
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Rik e B
God I hope so, it's galling having the vultures cherry pick our finest. Nolan could be worth some serious moolah in time.

When he signed I said that I remember him controlling the game when we played away at Stockport however looking at their forum when he joined us many said they were glad to see the back of him, as did many Lincoln fans so it would seem that his performances at times haven't endeared him to many of his clubs supporters.

Personally I think he has been the difference between us going up or staying down and will be sad to see him leave.

Let's hope PH finds another Nolan rather than another Straker.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 134
MarinerMal
May 24, 2016, 3:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +782
Gold Stars: 17
Neat and tidy player. Looked much better when in with Disley and Clay.

Very over estimated as a player on here, IMO. Our record with him in the side isn't that great.

I think we'll be able to replace him relatively easily now we are in League Two and can have a bigger pool of players to go for.

I think League One will be a struggle for him. But good luck to the lad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 134
craigy
May 24, 2016, 3:40pm
Upper Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +92
There's plenty of talented midfielders like Nolan in the national league with the same desire and attitude.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 134
Mariner_09
May 24, 2016, 3:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Don't worry he'll be back on loan by January

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 134
MuddyWaters
May 24, 2016, 3:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from craigy
There's plenty of talented midfielders like Nolan in the national league with the same desire and attitude.

That's OK then if we were in the National League - but we're not any more!
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 134
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nolan to Chesterfield

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.