14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 24, 2016, 3:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Once he was given freedom from defensive duties Nolan looked a much better player. If he gets the chance to play in a 4-3-3 at Chesterfield I think he could be OK but in a 4-4-2 his positional play isn't good enough, certainly for that level.

I don't blame the lad one bit. We don't know who wanted what out of that 5 month deal. I suppose he was "rescued" in a way but it might have been Nolan himself who only wanted a short term deal for all I know. I wouldn't be surprised if this move to Chesterfield has been on the cards for a while either so the manager may well have thought about a replacement already.

Anyway, he's gone now so let's find another one please Mr Hurst.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 134
sonofmadeleymariner
May 24, 2016, 3:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Hurst will find better he always does if theres one thing Hurst is, is that he is a good scout (in the summer that is   )

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 134
golfer
May 24, 2016, 3:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Garth

Everything seems to be working at a snails pace, then rat a tat tat, just like the number 9 bus they all appear at the same time lol

This site is that slow I put a post on here in December that Nolan would be signing for us and he would be leaving in May for Chesterfield but it hasn,t come through yet. I have also made public that Town will be signing 4 players from  Chelsea. This will most likely come through in December..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 134
craigy
May 24, 2016, 3:53pm
Upper Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +92
Quoted from MuddyWaters

That's OK then if we were in the National League - but we're not any more!

Yea true we are a league team now. However you try telling the likes of Peterborough, Sheffield United etc who sign non league players. There is no harm in cherry picking the best players in non league if they have the potential to go onto bigger and better things.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 134
Golden fox
May 24, 2016, 3:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
Good luck to the lad even if I do feel a bit sour , we all know footballers don't know the meaning of the word 'loyalty' . Hurst gave him a chance when no one else would , and he helped us get to where we wanted so I suppose even though he left we got our use out of him just like he got his use out of us to secure a move to a bigger club in a higher division . Fox
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 134
Bradford Mariner
May 24, 2016, 3:58pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from MuddyWaters

That's OK then if we were in the National League - but we're not any more!

True, but do we want good national league players on the up or league 1 or 2 players that others don't rate?

In any event, we need 2/3 good centre midfield players with pace and energy to give us a chance of succeeding in L2. I had hoped that one of these would be Nolan, shame he's gone. Clay and Disley are too slow and we need better at this higher level. I would release Clay and keep Disley as backup though.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 134
Mariner_09
May 24, 2016, 4:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I think Hursty may well find someone as good, it's just he can find him as cheap as Nolan presumably was.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 134
Grimsby2012
May 24, 2016, 4:03pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Going to miss Nolan, was a class act. He was certainly instrumental in getting us promoted, so he departs on good terms!

Wish him all the best and will no doubt do well at Chesterfield. Otherwise, we want him back when we are in League 1 the season after!

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 134
Freemoash88

Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Oh well. He's gone it's not the end of the world. Hurst has an eye for a player. He'll find someone to fill his boots. It's over and done with now no point have a 20 page discussion on if buts and maybes it's done get over it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 134
Grimsby2012

Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Going to miss Nolan, was a class act. He was certainly instrumental in getting us promoted, so he departs on good terms!

Wish him all the best and will no doubt do well at Chesterfield. Otherwise, we want him back when we are in League 1 the season after!

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 134
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nolan to Chesterfield

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.